There are 171 users in the forums

OT Justin Skule

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Interesting factoid to note from Barrows article on "10 things he learned in OTAs" -- Skule was starting at RT with McGlinchey out. NOT Coleman. I found that to be very, very interesting. We've not heard a single peep about Coleman so far. Perhaps his spot as the swing OT is more in danger than it seemed originally.

Yeah, if you want to make big money over countless years, never play a down and have zero expectations just be a backup T here (Beadles, Gilliam, Coleman). Maybe Skule is next in line for that good life.

Pretty sure I just read that Coleman was starting LT with Staley out.

Coleman at LT, Skule at RT with both starters out.

Didn't realize Staley was out, thanks for the correction.
Well I'm glad the kid was with the 2nd group. j/s
I read this kid has played guard and center as well. Very experienced SEC OLineman. Can he be a Adam Snyder type backup for us...
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
I read this kid has played guard and center as well. Very experienced SEC OLineman. Can he be a Adam Snyder type backup for us...

Looking forward to seeing him dominate the future grocery clerks of the NFL.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Interesting factoid to note from Barrows article on "10 things he learned in OTAs" -- Skule was starting at RT with McGlinchey out. NOT Coleman. I found that to be very, very interesting. We've not heard a single peep about Coleman so far. Perhaps his spot as the swing OT is more in danger than it seemed originally.

Yeah, if you want to make big money over countless years, never play a down and have zero expectations just be a backup T here (Beadles, Gilliam, Coleman). Maybe Skule is next in line for that good life.

Adam Snyder says "wazzzup"
If he plays, I hope he hands out a heaping helping of SKULE fractures

j/k
If Justin Skule wins the Swing T spot, do we cut Coleman? We'd save $2.005M.
It seems he is not bad!
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Yep. It's either Coleman wins and Skule to the PS or Skule wins and Coleman is gone.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Move him to center.

Originally posted by NinerGM:

AB do you think it's possible we carry two guys who can play OT as depth but also any other spot on the OL? I could see Skule also playing guard when asked.

Seeing as we kept Gilliam and Coleman last year, I'd say yes It's possible. Right now I have Richburg, Person, Tomlinson, Staley, McGlinchey, Garland, and Coleman as top 7, then Skule, and Garnett as inactives. Of course we went with 10 to start the season last year, but the 10th was cut a week later so, as far as total, probably 8-9 depending on how they feel about their OL depth, and health.
Originally posted by Giedi:

Move him to center.

skull should make the practice squad at least...he seems like a hard nosed kinda player
I kind of hope this kid makes the team in some way so we can say he took someone to Skule when he pancakes them in a game.
Originally posted by genus49:
I kind of hope this kid makes the team in some way so we can say he took someone to Skule when he pancakes them in a game.

Good one......
Share 49ersWebzone