There are 164 users in the forums

Tim Harris CB-Virginia

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by GangstaGangsta:
I cant tell if you're trolling.

He shows above average ball skills, play recognition and is very good at bringing down the ball carrier in one on one situation.

Although I don't put as much stock into measurables, he has exactly the measurables our coaches like at that position. 6'1" 200lbs 4.45 40.

The way he attacks the ball on the WR screens is very likeable considering that's one thing teams like to run against the cover 3 (Mosely did a great job of defending this last year). The guy hits like a safety and played against top tier talent his entire college career.

I'm curious to hear what you don't like about this guy. I'm convinced you did not watch film on him.

Trolling wut? He's a UDFA why would I care that much to troll him? I got underlining to want him to fail lol. Hope he crushes it.

Bryan Edwards killed him this past yr. If Acy has a miss step, his recovery speed didn't look great. A lot like Spoon he doesn't play the ball well downfield. He comes off as a bit stiff imo.

I just don't agree that his film is very impressive. Nothing about his game screams impressive.

trolling me not him you read way too much into that. I had a feeling you would bring up the SC game as it was his worst game.

Sherm has never had great recovery speed but hes considered the best in the business by some. Point is you don't need great recovery speed if you don't get toasted. I do not see stiffness in his game at all, if anything he looks fluent IMO.

He would not have been named a 2nd team all-SEC CB if there was nothing impressive about him.
Acy's film is impressive, I really hope this guys makes the 53.

It is? I didn't see anything special

2018 2nd-Team All-SEC (Coaches)

2019 SEASON
A lockdown corner and team captain who was a four-year contributor and three-year starter at one of the two cornerback spots … Represented the team at the SEC's annual Media Days in July as one of the team's leaders and top contributors … Posted 15 tackles and five pass breakups over 10 games as teams refused to throw his way all season … Missed the final two games of the 2019 season with an injury … Finished his career with 35 starts over his four seasons and had 99 career tackles, three career interceptions and 20 career pass breakups … With Acy in the lineup, Mizzou allowed just 165.9 yards per game through the air, and in the two games he missed with injury, Mizzou allowed 246 passing yards per game, showing his impact on the defense … Posted a season-high four tackles, all solo, with a pass breakup against West Virginia (Sept. 7) … Tallied three tackles at Vanderbilt (Oct. 19) … Had a pass deflection in three consecutive games at Kentucky (Oct. 26), at Georgia (Nov. 9) and vs. Florida (Nov. 16) … Signed with the San Francisco 49ers following the 2020 NFL Draft.
2018 SEASON
Earned 2nd-Team All-SEC honors by league coaches for an outstanding season that saw him become one of the top corners in the league ... Led the team and ranked seventh in the SEC with three interceptions on the year, including one he ran back 76 yards at Tennessee (11/17) that set up a Tiger score ... Finished the year with 30 tackles in his 13 starts, including one tackle for loss, while ranking second on the team with 10 pass break-ups ... Had two picks in Mizzou's big road win at Tennessee, becoming the first Tiger since John Gibson in 2016 to grab two interceptions in a game ... Made a season-best five tackles (all solo) in the bowl game against Oklahoma State, and added four stops earlier in the year against No. 2 Georgia ... His long INT return at Tennessee was perhaps the pivotal play in the game, as it came right before halftime, and ended a UT scoring threat, while setting up a crucial Tiger touchdown in the final minute of the second quarter ... Also added a fourth-quarter interception in that game to help seal the win ... Had a career-high three pass break-ups at South Carolina (10/6), while breaking up a pair of passes against No. 16 Kentucky (10/27).

Cool you copy/pasted his page from Missouri football ball

and?
trolling me not him you read way too much into that. I had a feeling you would bring up the SC game as it was his worst game.

Sherm has never had great recovery speed but hes considered the best in the business by some. Point is you don't need great recovery speed if you don't get toasted. I do not see stiffness in his game at all, if anything he looks fluent IMO.

He would not have been named a 2nd team all-SEC CB if there was nothing impressive about him.

Sherm is a master of understanding routes. Most often he knows the plays and route the guy in front of him is gonna run. There's no wasted steps with him. He actually plays the ball.

2nd team SEC didn't even get him drafted...like I said hope he crushes it, maybe playing primarily in a zone scheme will help.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jun 22, 2020 at 7:39 AM ]
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Did he transfer????.. because Virginia is ACC
and?

You said I didn't watch any film on him and then you just copy/paste some stats from his college page
Originally posted by Geeked:
Did he transfer????.. because Virginia is ACC

We're talking about Acy, which we shouldn't be in this thread sorry
Emmanuel Mosley went undrafted as well and I believe he will be getting a long term deal with CB 1 money after this year There are too many examples of guys who had good film in college/went undrafted/had a great NFL career to name so I don't get that argument. I agree playing in a zone scheme will play best to his skillset but we played more man last year than the previous 2 years under this coaching staff. If he takes what the coaches and vets teach him this next year and runs with its. this guy has the physical tools and instincts to be CB2 for this team with Mosley being CB1 in the 2021 season.
and?

You said I didn't watch any film on him and then you just copy/paste some stats from his college page

Just trying to give you some reading material on him bud.
Originally posted by NCommand:
This. It's natural for fans, including me, to overvalue our own and set up unrealistic expectations. I've gotten much more objective over the years on expectations for players, their roles, their talent, ceiling, etc. But I'll still delve into the unrealistic and unfair zone from time to time because it's fun. I call it the Will Dissley zone.

Us fans can get way to critical or way to excited over players. If the fans had it their way, we would never let a player leave for free agency and we would sign every big name free agent. We would have a 100 man roster.
Emmanuel Mosley went undrafted as well and I believe he will be getting a long term deal with CB 1 money after this year There are too many examples of guys who had good film in college/went undrafted/had a great NFL career to name so I don't get that argument. I agree playing in a zone scheme will play best to his skillset but we played more man last year than the previous 2 years under this coaching staff. If he takes what the coaches and vets teach him this next year and runs with its. this guy has the physical tools and instincts to be CB2 for this team with Mosley being CB1 in the 2021 season.

You really want me to put together a list of UDFAs that amounted to nothing? Throwing our Mosley and saying that's the norm in a silly.

Im old enough to remember the love fest for Tarvarus McFadden a couple yrs ago lol. Also you're high if you think Mosley is gonna get CB1 cash.

SF played in some sort of zone shell coverage last yr 70% of the time.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jun 22, 2020 at 8:19 AM ]

and?

I'll just watch him play Bud

I can go to every single draft picks college page and see all the positive stuff.

He's an UDFA for a reason. More than likely he's a PS guy this year.
Where did I say that Mosley was the norm? Now you're just being goofy everyone knows the later you get drafted (or undrafted) the harder it is to stick and have a successful career. Nobody ever said anything about McFadden either. Lol
and?

I'll just watch him play Bud

I can go to every single draft picks college page and see all the positive stuff.

He's an UDFA for a reason. More than likely he's a PS guy this year.

Lol real bold prediction there bud
Where did I say that Mosley was the norm? Now you're just being goofy everyone knows the later you get drafted (or undrafted) the harder it is to stick and have a successful career. Nobody ever said anything about McFadden either. Lol

Why bring up Mosley? Also you clearly weren't in the WZ when TM was here as a UDFA lol
Lol real bold prediction there bud

You mean realistic? Yup, I'll go with that buzzy
Share 49ersWebzone