There are 128 users in the forums

Tim Harris CB-Virginia

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
So even if he clears waivers and reverts to IR this means he is not able to play at all for the 49ers this year is that correct?

He can't stay healthy. Looks like Shanny has seen enough.

Well he also waived DJ Reed, I bet he wishes he could take that back.

I think he was trying to sneak him on the PS or something.

You can't place players with less than 4 years of experience directly on IR. They have to clear waivers first.
With Reed, they didn't think anyone would claim him, and he'd go to IR.
Obviously you can just keep them on the 90 man roster, but then you need to cut someone else, to sign another DB who can take the field during TC/Pre-season.

This rule only applies until the start of the season. (technically the 53 man cutdown date I think). It's to stop teams from claiming bogus injuries and stashing loads of young players on IR.
Originally posted by WolfTotem:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
So even if he clears waivers and reverts to IR this means he is not able to play at all for the 49ers this year is that correct?

He can't stay healthy. Looks like Shanny has seen enough.

Well he also waived DJ Reed, I bet he wishes he could take that back.

I think he was trying to sneak him on the PS or something.

You can't place players with less than 4 years of experience directly on IR. They have to clear waivers first.
With Reed, they didn't think anyone would claim him, and he'd go to IR.
Obviously you can just keep them on the 90 man roster, but then you need to cut someone else, to sign another DB who can take the field during TC/Pre-season.

This rule only applies until the start of the season. (technically the 53 man cutdown date I think). It's to stop teams from claiming bogus injuries and stashing loads of young players on IR.

The issue last year was the NFL, NFLPA agreed to have teams reduce rosters from 90 to 80, or else we could have just kept him until cutdowns.
  • thl408
Share 49ersWebzone