There are 158 users in the forums

Defensive Line Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Paging Collins & Hargrave..please report and make an impact.

Where were they yesterday? I saw Hargrave in on a good play but otherwise didn't see much from either of them. Hargrave's getting paid big $ and really hoping to see more impact plays from him this season.

And Floyd, where were you? Yes, the Vikes have good OTs but didn't see anything much from Floyd. Don't think he even had a tackle.
Pretty disappointed with the lack of pass rush
Depending on 4 man rushes when that 4 man rush can't get any pressure is a problem. No creativity to create pressure like Minn and KC do all the damn time.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Depending on 4 man rushes when that 4 man rush can't get any pressure is a problem. No creativity to create pressure like Minn and KC do all the damn time.

part of the prob i see, is the D worked in 2022. and KS effectively said, let's keep running that D. prob is we are stagnant. no innovation. this goes back to Wilks, he should have let Wilks be Wilks. Wilks is known for creative blitz. Shanny hired that man, and didn't allow him to bring it. he may want a lil too much control, and not enough delegating. that may be a problem.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

part of the prob i see, is the D worked in 2022. and KS effectively said, let's keep running that D. prob is we are stagnant. no innovation. this goes back to Wilks, he should have let Wilks be Wilks. Wilks is known for creative blitz. Shanny hired that man, and didn't allow him to bring it. he may want a lil too much control, and not enough delegating. that may be a problem.

Agreed. It's time to try new stuff and see if it works.

Wilks sucks. Shan let him do his thing and didn't Wilks couldn't do it with having everyone healthy

we're missing Greenlaw, hopefully winters can be that speed at LB. Campbell ain't the guy
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Wilks sucks. Shan let him do his thing and didn't Wilks couldn't do it with having everyone healthy

we're missing Greenlaw, hopefully winters can be that speed at LB. Campbell ain't the guy

And the problem was he did let Wilks be Wilks.
Yea ever since DR left it's been straight up vanilla scheming with the front 4. It's beyond strange
[ Edited by lamontb on Sep 16, 2024 at 1:53 PM ]
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:

Where were they yesterday? I saw Hargrave in on a good play but otherwise didn't see much from either of them. Hargrave's getting paid big $ and really hoping to see more impact plays from him this season.

And Floyd, where were you? Yes, the Vikes have good OTs but didn't see anything much from Floyd. Don't think he even had a tackle.

Maybe they should try Elliot and Collins more on obvious running downs and let Hargrave get the pass rushing reps form the interior. That's how Philly used him. Instead we are playing the guy the whole game and he's never been great versus the run. I think late in the games he's worn out and not creating any pass rush.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Yea ever since DR left it's been straight up vanilla scheming with the front 4. It's beyond strange

Book of NC would say, Kyle runs this b.

Hopefully we can trade for a DE rental
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:
Hopefully we can trade for a DE rental

what's Dee Ford doing nowadays
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:

Maybe they should try Elliot and Collins more on obvious running downs and let Hargrave get the pass rushing reps form the interior. That's how Philly used him. Instead we are playing the guy the whole game and he's never been great versus the run. I think late in the games he's worn out and not creating any pass rush.

Interesting thought. Or at least maybe rotate Elliott in more for Hargrave if Elliott can be a more effective run stopper. Hargrave's pass rushing skills are definitely there from the interior...maybe him being "fresher" at the end of games will help him create more pass-rush havoc in the 4th Qtr.
Checking in. We have one this year?
Bosa contain issues??
Share 49ersWebzone