LISTEN: Do The 49ers Have Cause For Concern? →

There are 153 users in the forums

Emmanuel Moseley CB Detroit Lions

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by susweel:
So dumb giving wisherspoon the starting spot back. Mosely is the best cb on the roster.

Yup. This move reminds me of the baalke days.

One has allowed an 81 passer rating and the other a 59. Can you guess which is which?
ProBowler yet...
Originally posted by illinois9er:
So dumb giving wisherspoon the starting spot back. Mosely is the best cb on the roster.

One has allowed an 81 passer rating and the other a 59. Can you guess which is which?

Idk but one has only played 2.5 games.

And he was totally locking it down when he was
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

And he was totally locking it down when he was

One can argue, that was against two bad teams (leaving the Steeler game out)

On the same token, both games on the road, both teams (TB / Cincy) were healthy and both had exceptional WRs out there.
Tbh I don't think it's far fetched to say that Mosely and Witherspoon are our top 2 corners
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Tbh I don't think it's far fetched to say that Mosely and Witherspoon are our top 2 corners

I think you can say they are physically capable of being our 2 top corners, but mentally I don't think so.... atleast not yet.
[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on Nov 20, 2019 at 9:27 PM ]
he tackles way better than witherspoon
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
It's far fetched.

He will see a lot of action against Packers 4 and 5 wide sets.

And we know he's capable to come in if Spoon doesn't perform well coming back.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

I think you can say they are physically capable of being our 2 top corners, but mentally I don't think so.... atleast not yet.

I agree with that.
What are you basing this on? Sherman has graded out as a top 5 corner this season.

Witherspoon got off to a good start this season. But let's also keep in mind that was against Andy Dalton(who's been benched) and Jameis Winston who's a turnover machine.

They are both younger and faster, but they dont have the smarts quite yet like sherman does when he can recognize a play. Sherman might have had a rough game last game, but he'll bounce back.
I just want to commend this guy's play today.

He came in after sitting for 2 hours freezing on the bench on the most important drive of the game.

He gave up a couple completions but he didn't give up the game winning td.

Given this is probably the hardest situation to come in in sports him not giving up the game winner is a huge play in itself.
Share 49ersWebzone