LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 175 users in the forums

⛏ SF 49ERS vs CLE BROWNS 🐶 Pregame Thread - 2019 Season Week 5

Shop Find 49ers gear online

⛏ SF 49ERS vs CLE BROWNS 🐶 Pregame Thread - 2019 Season Week 5

Originally posted by SkyZer0:
Unbiased question,

anybody else actually really like those dark brown/bright orange colors the Browns wear? or am I alone here

In October, when they add the pink, they remind me of a Dunkin Donuts coffee bag.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Unbiased question,

anybody else actually really like those dark brown/bright orange colors the Browns wear? or am I alone here

In October, when they add the pink, they remind me of a Dunkin Donuts coffee bag.

lol
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Mayfield is a lot more elusive than Rudolph. He's a superior quarterback and has superior weapons to the Steelers. We need to make sure we finish sacks or he could find a way to burn us a few times.

My prediction?

49ers 30, Browns 22

You forgot overrated before superior...lol. The only thing Browns have over us are WRs.

Underestimation is one of the first steps to getting handed an L. Mayfield broke the NFL record held by Manning/Russell Wilson for rookie passing TDs. His issue now is being way too aggressive and not taking what the defense gives him. As a young QB, he's going to continue to learn and get better. If he realizes what he needs to do to improve and fixes it by the time they play us, it's not going to be a walk in the park.

Mayfield is extremely talented and to say otherwise is simply nonsensical. We all know the Browns have a lot of talent on paper, but their coaching is suspect right now. We have talent AND coaching, so on paper.. yeah, we should win. But we have to protect the ball better. Not sensing a blowout unless we have zero turnovers.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Underestimation is one of the first steps to getting handed an L. Mayfield broke the NFL record held by Manning/Russell Wilson for rookie passing TDs. His issue now is being way too aggressive and not taking what the defense gives him. As a young QB, he's going to continue to learn and get better. If he realizes what he needs to do to improve and fixes it by the time they play us, it's not going to be a walk in the park.

Mayfield is extremely talented and to say otherwise is simply nonsensical. We all know the Browns have a lot of talent on paper, but their coaching is suspect right now. We have talent AND coaching, so on paper.. yeah, we should win. But we have to protect the ball better. Not sensing a blowout unless we have zero turnovers.

Honestly IMO the biggest issue with Baker is that OL. Nothing he can do about that this yr...it's horrible.

Also, the play-calling is junk and it doesn't seem like he's seeing the field/reading defenses well.

I'd like to know what kind of things defenses are doing vs him?
let's hope nothing changes for them between now and week 5. Monken getting play call duties could hurt us
If we do not turn over the ball we will win.

My prediction is 35-21 49ers.
The Browns need a new logo... I suggest a Boxer (dog) head for the helmet, a spikey collar around the jersey neckline, and a big dog bone on the side of each pant leg.

Other than that, we beat these fools and their ugly azz uniforms like a rented mule.
Damn this wait is really gonna suck...

Honestly I don't know wtf NFL schedule makers are doing.

You have a bye week you shouldn't come out of it to play on a Monday night...and then have to go on the road to play a Sunday game the week after.

They're worried about player safety and then they pull this crap.

Should be pretty straight forward.

Have a bye week - come back to play Sunday.

Our early bye week will help us due to the injuries we have already but it's also kind of an FU from the league to give us a critical road division game where we have one less day to prepare while the Rams are coming of a mini bye by playing Seattle that Thursday.

Hopefully we take care of business against Cleveland(they still scare me with all that talent, would love to see them pull it out this weekend to get them feeling confident about themselves) and then give the schedule makers a big middle finger and take out the Rams at their house.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by insanemike27:
If we do not turn over the ball we will win.

My prediction is 35-21 49ers.

Yeah, very good observation - I agree, we don't turn it over we win. That should be the mantra for our season.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Sep 25, 2019 at 10:57 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Honestly IMO the biggest issue with Baker is that OL. Nothing he can do about that this yr...it's horrible.

Also, the play-calling is junk and it doesn't seem like he's seeing the field/reading defenses well.

Being only 5'11" and running a 4.82 40 are not ideal when your line isn't great.

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Being only 5'11" and running a 4.82 40 are not ideal when your line isn't great.

Baker is currently ranked 3rd overall in the NFL when looking at average time to throw at 3.03, he holds on to the ball to long so most of his issues are on him. Is it play calling, is it him trying to always make the big play, who knows. But he's getting hit a lot holding on the ball, we'll see how that plays out.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing#average-time-to-throw
Unbiased question,

Yeah, I don't mind the Browns uni colors either.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Unbiased question,

I love the orange helmets - don't care much about there jersey and pants.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Unbiased question,

I love the orange helmets - don't care much about there jersey and pants.

How TF did they get 3 sleeve stripes and the Niners didn't?
Imma gettin' ready to see our D pick off Mayfield 4 times, sack him 4 and watch da Browns fans go full meltdown.
Share 49ersWebzone