LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 202 users in the forums

⛏ SF 49ERS vs CLE BROWNS 🐶 Pregame Thread - 2019 Season Week 5

Shop Find 49ers gear online

⛏ SF 49ERS vs CLE BROWNS 🐶 Pregame Thread - 2019 Season Week 5

The game against the Browns will be a great indicator of GM strategies. You have Dorsey - which many pointed at all off-season as doing SOOOO much to turn the Browns around and they were winning the off-season. Then, you have JL who's been brick by brick and was chastised for several non-moves.
Originally posted by genus49:
Damn this wait is really gonna suck...

Honestly I don't know wtf NFL schedule makers are doing.

You have a bye week you shouldn't come out of it to play on a Monday night...and then have to go on the road to play a Sunday game the week after.

They're worried about player safety and then they pull this crap.

Should be pretty straight forward.

Have a bye week - come back to play Sunday.

Our early bye week will help us due to the injuries we have already but it's also kind of an FU from the league to give us a critical road division game where we have one less day to prepare while the Rams are coming of a mini bye by playing Seattle that Thursday.

Hopefully we take care of business against Cleveland(they still scare me with all that talent, would love to see them pull it out this weekend to get them feeling confident about themselves) and then give the schedule makers a big middle finger and take out the Rams at their house.

It's not like they're traveling back from a Monday night road game and then playing another road game. There at home and then getting on about a 50 minute flight down to LA at end of that week. It's not that big of a deal.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Browns better hope they don't suffer any injuries, 9ers are only getting healthier.
Originally posted by genus49:
Damn this wait is really gonna suck...

Honestly I don't know wtf NFL schedule makers are doing.

You have a bye week you shouldn't come out of it to play on a Monday night...and then have to go on the road to play a Sunday game the week after.

They're worried about player safety and then they pull this crap.

Should be pretty straight forward.

Have a bye week - come back to play Sunday.

Our early bye week will help us due to the injuries we have already but it's also kind of an FU from the league to give us a critical road division game where we have one less day to prepare while the Rams are coming of a mini bye by playing Seattle that Thursday.

Hopefully we take care of business against Cleveland(they still scare me with all that talent, would love to see them pull it out this weekend to get them feeling confident about themselves) and then give the schedule makers a big middle finger and take out the Rams at their house.

If you want to talk about a mini-bye, look at the sequence where we play Arizona on Halloween (Thursday night) and then don't play again until next week's Monday night game against Seattle on Nov. 11.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
It's not like they're traveling back from a Monday night road game and then playing another road game. There at home and then getting on about a 50 minute flight down to LA at end of that week. It's not that big of a deal.

The Rams on the road are a probable loss regardless of how things are scheduled. I'd be more annoyed if it were a probable win or a 50-50 game -- e.g. the Green Bay or Seattle games at home.
Originally posted by ColorMeBaddFan:

The Rams on the road are a probable loss regardless of how things are scheduled. I'd be more annoyed if it were a probable win or a 50-50 game -- e.g. the Green Bay or Seattle games at home.

Already accepting a defeat to the Rams? jeez lol
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

No, clearly the game can be won, but you look at the schedule and want to have as many easy (or, more accurately, less difficult) games as possible -- easy games depend on quality of opponent, location and timing. The Rams in LA will be difficult regardless of the timing. But playing, say, the Seahawks at home on a short week with them coming off a longer week would turn that game from a probable win to a 50-50 game. Other than a head to head tiebreaker, that game counts as much as the game @ LA.
[ Edited by ColorMeBaddFan on Sep 25, 2019 at 1:44 PM ]
Originally posted by jonnydel:
The game against the Browns will be a great indicator of GM strategies. You have Dorsey - which many pointed at all off-season as doing SOOOO much to turn the Browns around and they were winning the off-season. Then, you have JL who's been brick by brick and was chastised for several non-moves.

JL will win GM of the year, KS will win coach of the year and JG will win comeback player of the year.
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,400 for Shorteous.

I know how I want this story to end!

Lol. He ain't no true niner fan.

Originally posted by Vai5684:

Lol. He ain't no true niner fan.

Oh, bullpuppy. It's called an objective prediction of future games. If you want Fantasyland, where all the people predict us in advance at 23-0 every year, I can't help you but I bet there's a place out there somewhere.
Originally posted by Shorteous:

I know how I want this story to end!

History tends to repeat itself. The dream team eagles started 1-3 jus sayin
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Mayfield is a lot more elusive than Rudolph. He's a superior quarterback and has superior weapons to the Steelers. We need to make sure we finish sacks or he could find a way to burn us a few times.

My prediction?

49ers 30, Browns 22

You forgot overrated before superior...lol. The only thing Browns have over us are WRs.

Underestimation is one of the first steps to getting handed an L. Mayfield broke the NFL record held by Manning/Russell Wilson for rookie passing TDs. His issue now is being way too aggressive and not taking what the defense gives him. As a young QB, he's going to continue to learn and get better. If he realizes what he needs to do to improve and fixes it by the time they play us, it's not going to be a walk in the park.

Mayfield is extremely talented and to say otherwise is simply nonsensical. We all know the Browns have a lot of talent on paper, but their coaching is suspect right now. We have talent AND coaching, so on paper.. yeah, we should win. But we have to protect the ball better. Not sensing a blowout unless we have zero turnovers.

I get you like the dude, but he really sucks at reading defenses, and his high number of interceptions is worrying.
Originally posted by RTFirefly:
After the Ravens and us, the Browns have the Seahawks and Patriots. Can you say 1-6? I can. LOL. We can't mess this one up, we can't, we can't we can't. I want to see the Browns get another top draft pick next year.

Browns will beat Seahawks
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by RTFirefly:
After the Ravens and us, the Browns have the Seahawks and Patriots. Can you say 1-6? I can. LOL. We can't mess this one up, we can't, we can't we can't. I want to see the Browns get another top draft pick next year.

Browns will beat Seahawks

I very much hope you are right. We could pick up an invaluable game there in the NFC West.
Share 49ersWebzone