There are 108 users in the forums

Is there a master collection of all 49er games?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by aQBnamedtouchback:
I really want to watch Roger Craig and Jerry from the 80s. Those two fascinate me the most. I just want to watch each season, starting from 79 when coach Walsh took over, till about 93. I started watching at 7 years old in the magical 94 season.

I really do love the 49ers franchise. I tell my wife, that the 49ers are my first love. I made her become a 49er fan in 2011 when we met. I told her if she didn't become a fan, then I would dump her. Of course, she followed. The 2011 season she fell in love too. [b]She cried when we lost to the Giants in the NFC championship game
[i]

So did I.
Originally posted by English:
I really want to watch Roger Craig and Jerry from the 80s. Those two fascinate me the most. I just want to watch each season, starting from 79 when coach Walsh took over, till about 93. I started watching at 7 years old in the magical 94 season.

I really do love the 49ers franchise. I tell my wife, that the 49ers are my first love. I made her become a 49er fan in 2011 when we met. I told her if she didn't become a fan, then I would dump her. Of course, she followed. The 2011 season she fell in love too. [b]She cried when we lost to the Giants in the NFC championship game
[i]

So did I.

I need to step my game up. Dated a Packers fan once lol. She actually did begin to root for the Niners (and still does) except when we play.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
JOE MONTANA vs TROY AIKMAN

49ERS @ COWBOYS (1990)

Watched the first half... that was excellent. It's good to remember that even Montana was human. I'm glad that the commercials were still there, that was almost as enjoyable as the game. There was even one about global warming!
I'm guessing NFL films has them but I don't know if you can buy them. I have the SB games on VHS and I have to say, they look really bad compared to today's hi def digital stuff. Fewer commercials and no stopping for video review so the games go much faster.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Jan 3, 2020 at 7:55 AM ]
  • Jaci
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
Still don't know why the NFL hasn't come out with a streaming platform featuring their library.

They've been less anal about people posting full games on YouTube, but there are so few niners games.

I'd immediately sign up for an NFL streaming service if they had a full library of original, full broadcasts.

This, I don't get it either. It's a huge potential revenue stream, don't know why they don't jump it.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
JOE MONTANA vs TROY AIKMAN

49ERS @ COWBOYS (1990)

Check out 1:09:25 where Joe Thiesman explains how Jerry Rice running his pattern into the defender should be considered offensive PI vs Defensive PI. Very similar to the Seahawks crying about Warner in the last game.
I have the NFL collection recapping each of the Super Bowl seasons we've won. I need to dust those things off and watch them this weekend.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I'm guessing NFL films has them but I don't know if you can buy them. I have the SB games on VHS and I have to say, they look really bad compared to today's hi def digital stuff. Fewer commercials and no stopping for video review so the games go much faster.

Less things cluttering the screen. Well unless Madden is drawing all over the screen.
How much would you charge to make copies of the 80s and 90s games?

I would do it for free but one of my VHS players broke. You just cover tape and shipping costs. When i am up and running i will let you know.
A DVD box set would make tons of money for teams

even though I am the owner of the tapes there may be some NFL rights BS that would prevent any monetary gain.

Originally posted by elguapo:
Nice! I like your style. My girlfriends get that same kind of treatment! Roger Craig is my all-time favorite player I wish I saw more of him in the 80s instead of just highlights

Those high-stepp'n, eyes bugged out runs were epic. A determined man.
Let's get together some venture capitalists, film producers, and platform gurus and put together a proposal for the NFL--allowing a generous percentage of royalties to ourselves for our efforts, of course.
[ Edited by WestCoastForever on Jan 7, 2020 at 6:25 AM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Right on bro. I wouldn't deal with a girlfriend rooting against my Niners. It wouldn't feel right.

Roger Craig is awesome. I really like how he was the first running back with 1,000 yards receiving/rushing. That's a testament to Bill Walsh's genius to use Craig like that.

How Craig isn't in the Hall of Fame, is mind blowing. He is the godfather of dual purpose back. I hope Gore doesn't get the same snub.

Gore has the numbers to get in. But never really had a "Heisman"(Hall of fame) moment if you will. Like Frank has just been steady eddy. Played on some really bad teams. Sitting at the top(3 & 4) in terms of rushing yards and scrimmage yards would scream 1st ballot HOF'er in most cases. i don't see him as a 1st ballot guy but will EVENTUALLY get in.

Craig has had some "Heisman" moments but in my honest opinion he does not have the numbers ti back it up. Craig is 44th all time in rushing. There are a slew of backs in front of him that aren't in the Hall. And if biggest feat is 1st RB to have a 1,00 yards rushing and receiving. But if you combine both he's still only 46th all time in that category. His numbers just aren't HOF worthy.
Originally posted by Curlin:
I would do it for free but one of my VHS players broke. You just cover tape and shipping costs. When i am up and running i will let you know.

That would be awesome. Just let me know what your favorite restaurant is or if you like best buy or Amazon and I can get you a gift card or something, for your time. Whenever you're ready, just let me know.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

The broadcast versions of the 5 super bowl victories came out on DVD a couple of years ago, they're out of print now but you can find them on eBay for an absurd price. Glad I got them when I did
Share 49ersWebzone