LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 138 users in the forums

How to defend Chiefs Offense?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How to defend Chiefs Offense?

Drop a steamer in Mahomes' helmet so he gets it all through that sideshow Bob hair of his.
Do your job and play within the system.
Sherm is the perfect guy to make sure the team remembers this.
Cover their receivers and don't fall down like a Brock.
Cross the streams!!!!! Total Mahommtonic reversal. Hit that cocky flicker and knock him out.😡
Originally posted by genus49:
Don't let them score points. If we do that we improve our chances to win the game by a significant margin.
Originally posted by RockNRollStar:
Originally posted by genus49:
Don't let them score points. If we do that we improve our chances to win the game by a significant margin.

Don't turn the ball over.
Stop the run and run the ball.
Get good field position.
Be hungrier than KC.
Play with fire.
Inch by inch.
  • Jaci
  • Veteran
Our offense is our best defense. Keep mahomes off the field. Put together a few replicas of that 10 plus minute drive in Baltimore. With the overall team blocking, yac, 3rd down percentage from jimmy, and of course our running backs, i dont see kc d stopping us from grinding and chewing up the clock.
This is not the one man king Henry they put the brakes on. The niners success is a full team effort. They won't stop it.
Play real physical off the line. All these quick fast wr weakness is not as physical as the big one

Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
If our defense shuts KC to under 10 pts, It will cement them as a elite defense in terms of Sapps bucs/Dilfers ravens.

Definitely, but given that they rarely score under 23 (or whatever the number is), I think holding them to 17 or less should give us that distinction.

Here's how I see it, Mahomes is not as good a scrambler or runner as Wilson or Jackson. He is not as good a thrower as Rodgers or Brees. He is a complete package but he is not the best at each individual ability.

He clocked in a 4.80 forty time. Jimmy G was 4.9.

I have a feeling our defense gonna eat.

We just need to make sure the fast and talented players around him don't get loose.
[ Edited by Joecool on Jan 24, 2020 at 8:39 AM ]
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
If our defense shuts KC to under 10 pts, It will cement them as a elite defense in terms of Sapps bucs/Dilfers ravens.

Definitely, but given that they rarely score under 23 (or whatever the number is), I think holding them to 17 or less should give us that distinction.

Shanny is probably like his old man, putting together a gameplan to score 50+ and 7 TD's. I think he wants to prove that his offense is greater than Reid's and the ATL SB wasn't on him. He's gonna come with some serious juice in this game. If our D can hold KC's offense to 24 points, we win.
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Shanny is probably like his old man, putting together a gameplan to score 50+ and 7 TD's. I think he wants to prove that his offense is greater than Reid's and the ATL SB wasn't on him. He's gonna come with some serious juice in this game. If our D can hold KC's offense to 24 points, we win.

Reid, with the speed he has at skill positions, is the only thing that scares me because he is so good at designing crafty plays for individual talent.
Originally posted by krizay:

love this mentality !
GO NINERS!
Try not to let Mahomes get outside and throw. My reason is that if he rolls out, that gives his receivers more time to get open and with his rocket arm he will find them. Keep him inside and make him throw quicker or better yet, sack him.
Share 49ersWebzone