LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 207 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Its lazy to say its scheme. He had plenty of confidence during his hold out.

Yeah, it's lame. Not taking responsibility for dropped ass passes. Lol.

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Signing BA wasn't just about this yr. Adams would want to get paid all the same after this yr. So a 31 yr old Adams that will want big money or a 26 yr old BA.

It's week 3, acting like he will all of a sudden be a bad WR forever is so short sighted.

Lol BA was screaming he the best money can buy..when so far, it isn't the case. Yes, it is three weeks in but damn. It has been chit. Also, DA might be 31 but have you seen the body on the guy? Seen him play? Dude is top form and is tearing it up out there. I am sure we could have figured something out for Adams-or someone. BA is 26..I don't care, give me the guy who can make plays and get us the dang trophy. Just a weird season..injuries, a doof DC, our 1st rounder WR gets shot, Bell cannot do anything to save his life. Hells bells Ronnie, make a damn catch! Lolol. This just feels like a cool down season in the worst way. BA is turning out to be BS. Lol. There is Brock, Mason, Fred, JJ..and then the rest..ughh.

DA>BA
JJ>BA lol
Talked the talk, has not walked the walk lol

I'd prefer Terry Mclaurin. Dudes been drama free when he's had to play for a horrible organization with s**tty QB after s**tty QB with crap as coaching. And so far this year he has done more than BA with less targets
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I'd prefer Terry Mclaurin. Dudes been drama free when he's had to play for a horrible organization with s**tty QB after s**tty QB with crap as coaching. And so far this year he has done more than BA with less targets

I would take Terry, guy seems like he has a great personality too. Would fit in nicely here:).
I want to see what Aiyuk does when Kittle and Deebo are both back and he has a chance to play himself into shape. I'm not counting on CMC anytime soon.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I want to see what Aiyuk does when Kittle and Deebo are both back and he has a chance to play himself into shape. I'm not counting on CMC anytime soon.

Maybe the defenses will start scheming Aiyuk back into catching with his hands. Crazy how a defensive scheme can change a receiver's technique to body catches, hops & drops.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Maybe the defenses will start scheming Aiyuk back into catching with his hands. Crazy how a defensive scheme can change a receiver's technique to body catches, hops & drops.

I think if the defense can get their stuff together.... big if and Special Teams.... big if again

I think the offense is good enough to get into the playoffs for sure without CMC. If that could happen and we get him 100% fresh and healthy for a playoff run.... ooof.
Gah damn NY85 living rent free lol. At least it's a nice smooth brain NY

Do they have separation vs man and separation vs zone individually? Cause Kyle responded to the separation graph saying we are getting a lot of zone and that he may be separated but it would take a layered throw which is as you know is a high risk throw.

I'd have to check it out…
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Just kinda want Adams tbh..too late

Really wish they just traded him, I knew this would happen due to his holdout.

Signing BA wasn't just about this yr. Adams would want to get paid all the same after this yr. So a 31 yr old Adams that will want big money or a 26 yr old BA.

It's week 3, acting like he will all of a sudden be a bad WR forever is so short sighted.

I was actually talking about this season. I know Aiyuk will probably shake off the rust or whatever the f**k he has at some point in his career. But judging how this team has been, they could've done without Aiyuk distraction and rust.

Lol BA was screaming he the best money can buy..when so far, it isn't the case. Yes, it is three weeks in but damn. It has been chit. Also, DA might be 31 but have you seen the body on the guy? Seen him play? Dude is top form and is tearing it up out there. I am sure we could have figured something out for Adams-or someone. BA is 26..I don't care, give me the guy who can make plays and get us the dang trophy. Just a weird season..injuries, a doof DC, our 1st rounder WR gets shot, Bell cannot do anything to save his life. Hells bells Ronnie, make a damn catch! Lolol. This just feels like a cool down season in the worst way. BA is turning out to be BS. Lol. There is Brock, Mason, Fred, JJ..and then the rest..ughh.

DA>BA
JJ>BA lol

Adams is one of my favorite WRs in football. His releases off the LOS are filthy. There's zero hate there from me. He is however 31 and will want a massive contract when he turns 32. You gotta put that into the equation. This team needs to invest $$ in younger players, not older.

Also who's to say LV would even move him in the first place? We're assuming that was something and it probably wasn't. Sounds like they wanted Myers

DA also would have a fit if he doesn't get him 150+ targets. That's not happening when we have the full squad going.

Like you said it's a weird season so far. Tons of football to be played. I know you weren't hating on BA this time last yr when he was one of the best WR on a per target basis. We will see. Damn near all the guys that we've signed to massive contracts had a down yr the following season

DA>BA
JJ>BA lol

Adams is one of my favorite WRs in football. His releases off the LOS are filthy. There's zero hate there from me. He is however 31 and will want a massive contract when he turns 32. You gotta put that into the equation. This team needs to invest $$ in younger players, not older.

Also who's to say LV would even move him in the first place? We're assuming that was something and it probably wasn't. Sounds like they wanted Myers

DA also would have a fit if he doesn't get him 150+ targets. That's not happening when we have the full squad going.

Like you said it's a weird season so far. Tons of football to be played. I know you weren't hating on BA this time last yr when he was one of the best WR on a per target basis. We will see. Damn near all the guys that we've signed to massive contracts had a down yr the following season

I agree with investing in younger players. I do hope in the team is a little more wary of contract-year-wonders, though.

Hopefully, he'll finally get himself a touchdown this Sunday. It's long overdue.

yeah I can see that being a fear.... I think that is in the back of all 49er fans...signing players when they breakout in a contract year is just dangerous for the team.

Having said that...BA has a legit skill set, not a 30 million dollar skill set....but he should be productive in the NFL. The 49ers NEED that skill set too.

At the end of the day, I have always thought BA is replaceable, but I get the 49ers paying the money during a superbowl window, thinking their young QB needs him.

Honestly, at the end of the day, I think BA's lack of production just further showcase how good Shanny and Brock are.

I think Brock is really good, but maybe Brock is closer to having a bit of that Peyton Manning, Tom Brady -ish ability to make whomever lines up functional. Clearly he can't fix Ronnie Bell, but he did make a cast off TE work, he made JJ work...

Maybe some day down the road, great skill players will be viewed as a luxury, not a necessity.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Hopefully, he'll finally get himself a touchdown this Sunday. It's long overdue.

I think Kyle will force one his way to calm the upset fans
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

DA>BA
JJ>BA lol

I agree with investing in younger players. I do hope in the team is a little more wary of contract-year-wonders, though.

I don't think that applies to Aiyuk. He was on a steady climb each year. I think the trajectory continues, but it will take time for him to get there. Aiyuk's true value in my opinion will be beyond 2025. I still expect a good year- 1100 or 1200 yards by seasons end.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran

He was never a top WR in the first place. He's been massively overrated by this fanbase (nothing new there) and massively overpaid by this FO.
Share 49ersWebzone