LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 250 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TD49ers:
I am pretty sure his pay grade includes more than being a decoy.

Throw him the damn ball. I talked about it in the Brock thread. Wide open on a busted coverage would have ended the game.
Yes, he is trash so far this season. He had done nothing since he has come back.

If your going to hold out all offseason and then show up, unprepared and out of shape thinking running around in the backyard is going to ready you for week 1, you deserve all of the criticism.

Never said he didn't deserve criticism. You in the Trent or Bosa thread giving them s**t too?
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Sep 26, 2024 at 11:31 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Throw him the damn ball. I talked about it in the Brock thread. Wide open on a busted coverage would have ended the game.

Once
Yes, he is trash so far this season. He had done nothing since he has come back.

If your going to hold out all offseason and then show up, unprepared and out of shape thinking running around in the backyard is going to ready you for week 1, you deserve all of the criticism.

Never said he didn't deserve criticism. You in the Trent or Bosa thread giving them s**t too?

Yes. I am tired of this s**t.

Yes. I am tired of this s**t.

Before the season started you were over him and now you're trying to bounce on that take….Rams rolling coverage on BA all last game man. Any team would do that forcing SF to beat them with JJ. Dude was open all game vs Minn but Flores mind f**ked Brock.

Nothing wrong with being upset. We're fans, acting like he just blows just cause, is dumb imo. Film shows he doesn't suck. IMO he's had two bad drops this season which magnifies the situation.
Over him? I dont think so. Dont have alot of respect for him.

He magnified his own situation. Be accountable.

I don't think Brock has, thus far, trusted BA to be in the right spot at the right time. Pure speculation on my part, but if purdy has seen BA run different routes than Purdy expected him to run (as opposed to last year when they were completely in sync), it should be expected that purdy may miss BA a few times.

i don't think it's coincidence that Purdy is connecting superbly with Jennings, who's had a full training camp.

so… you should place some of your blame for purdy missing that throw on BA who, admittedly, drew out contract negations longer than he needed to and missed crucial time to get in sync with his QB

Originally posted by 5thSFG:
I don't think Brock has, thus far, trusted BA to be in the right spot at the right time. Pure speculation on my part, but if purdy has seen BA run different routes than Purdy expected him to run (as opposed to last year when they were completely in sync), it should be expected that purdy may miss BA a few times.

i don't think it's coincidence that Purdy is connecting superbly with Jennings, who's had a full training camp.

so… you should place some of your blame for purdy missing that throw on BA who, admittedly, drew out contract negations longer than he needed to and missed crucial time to get in sync with his QB

Maybe. I do think JJ benefited from LA scheme against BA.

I'm not blaming BA on a broken coverage play where he ran where he was suppose to go and Brock was staring at him the whole way. That's on the QB for not pulling the trigger or simply not seeing the field properly. I don't want to rehash that whole play. It's over we can move on.

on other BA routes I'm sure him not being there is playing a part (timing and hands not 100%).
Originally posted by DaleGribble:

If he does I doubt anyone is talking about BA the way they are currently. Dude was open all over the place vs the Vikings as well.

I totally get their timing isn't 100%.

So you don't have respect for Trent, Bosa and Deebo as well right? All held out all off season and Deebo asked for a trade as well.

my god Trent has 3 yrs left as well. Talk about not accountable. You gonna feel that way about Brock if he doesn't sign the first deal given to him as well?
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Sep 26, 2024 at 12:24 PM ]

So you don't have respect for Trent, Bosa and Deebo as well right? All held out all off season and Deebo asked for a trade as well.

my god Trent has 3 yrs left as well. Talk about not accountable. You gonna feel that way about Brock if he doesn't sign the first deal given to him as well?

Yes. No respect for players that do what those guys have done and not show up every week.

Both Deebo and Bosa have both out right said they played poorly the season following the hold out. Trent needs an IV in 3rd qtr of every game now and BA.......
[ Edited by TD49ers on Sep 26, 2024 at 12:35 PM ]
Yes. No respect for players that do what those guys have done and not show up every week.

Weird take on something that has so many layers to it and is based on how a guy gets paid and supports his family.

how dare they not take whatever the team gives them, how dare they hold out when it's literally the only thing they can do to try and get a market value deal. How dare they not go out on the field without a deal, when they can literally get injured at any min and lose millions and millions of dollars.
Originally posted by 5thSFG:

Maybe. I do think JJ benefited from LA scheme against BA.

I'm not blaming BA on a broken coverage play where he ran where he was suppose to go and Brock was staring at him the whole way. That's on the QB for not pulling the trigger or simply not seeing the field properly. I don't want to rehash that whole play. It's over we can move on.

on other BA routes I'm sure him not being there is playing a part (timing and hands not 100%).

I'm not sure you're actually digesting what I said. The relationship between QBs and WRs is largely based on expected behavior. If BA has been demonstrating unexpected behavior on any of his routes ran, the blame for missing the long pass isn't solely on Brock…. Some of the blame should go to lack of chemistry, which would absolutely be on BA.

again, this opinion is based on speculation… mainly the assumption that BA has ran a few incorrect routes.

whether you (or I) place all the blame on that missed opportunity solely on Brock's shoulders is irrelevant.

turns out, missing training camp may actually come with consequences ????‍??
[ Edited by 5thSFG on Sep 26, 2024 at 12:37 PM ]
elite WRs get schemed differently every single game. he got paid as an elite WR, he needs to figure it out
Share 49ersWebzone