LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 249 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by TD49ers:
I am pretty sure his pay grade includes more than being a decoy.

Throw him the damn ball. I talked about it in the Brock thread. Wide open on a busted coverage would have ended the game.

He ran the wrong route and he isn't catching much of what is thrown his way this year.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
elite WRs get schemed differently every single game. he got paid as an elite WR, he needs to figure it out

I think we all knew he wasn't a top tier receiver. I like the dude, and I'm happy he got paid, but I have little faith he ever comes through as a true number one.

he needs the scheme…. Which isn't a bad thing because we have the scheme for him. But damn if it isn't playing out exactly like a lot of us thought it would.

We need him to take full advantage of the opportunities we scheme for him. Jennings catches everything… he's not getting $30mil
Yes. No respect for players that do what those guys have done and not show up every week.

Weird take on something that has so many layers to it and is based on how a guy gets paid and supports his family.

how dare they not take whatever the team gives them, how dare they hold out when it's literally the only thing they can do to try and get a market value deal. How dare they not go out on the field without a deal, when they can literally get injured at any min and lose millions and millions of dollars.

Yes. No respect for players that do what those guys have done and not show up every week.

Weird take on something that has so many layers to it and is based on how a guy gets paid and supports his family.

how dare they not take whatever the team gives them, how dare they hold out when it's literally the only thing they can do to try and get a market value deal. How dare they not go out on the field without a deal, when they can literally get injured at any min and lose millions and millions of dollars.

Supports the family....is that a serious comment.

If your going to hold out and disrupt the team for more money outside of your contract, you better back it up. Dont hold out and then s**t the bed. Be a professional.
[ Edited by TD49ers on Sep 26, 2024 at 12:46 PM ]

If your going to hold out and disrupt the team for more money outside of your contract, you better back it up. Dont hold out and then s**t the bed. Be a professional.

I agree. Contracts aren't based on what you did, they're based on what you will do… which is inevitably less than one would do with a full camp.

each day holding out should come with a $$ loss per day missed (not penalty… penalties are for the existing contract.)

a $30mil receiver who missed entire training camps will inevitably not perform to their $30mil potential
[ Edited by 5thSFG on Sep 26, 2024 at 12:50 PM ]
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
I'm not sure you're actually digesting what I said. The relationship between QBs and WRs is largely based on expected behavior. If BA has been demonstrating unexpected behavior on any of his routes ran, the blame for missing the long pass isn't solely on Brock…. Some of the blame should go to lack of chemistry, which would absolutely be on BA.

again, this opinion is based on speculation… mainly the assumption that BA has ran a few incorrect routes.

whether you (or I) place all the blame on that missed opportunity solely on Brock's shoulders is irrelevant.

turns out, missing training camp may actually come with consequences ????‍??

I mean he was targeted 10 times last game. You'd think he wouldn't be that much if there was some massive disconnect. im sure they're not 100% imo (all that is) with that one play I don't think it was due to some massive disconnect. It wasn't a timing route. Like Kyle said they don't practices those types of plays. BA goes to the open space and like Kyle said you hope he see it.

Either way onto the next game
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
I'm not sure you're actually digesting what I said. The relationship between QBs and WRs is largely based on expected behavior. If BA has been demonstrating unexpected behavior on any of his routes ran, the blame for missing the long pass isn't solely on Brock…. Some of the blame should go to lack of chemistry, which would absolutely be on BA.

again, this opinion is based on speculation… mainly the assumption that BA has ran a few incorrect routes.

whether you (or I) place all the blame on that missed opportunity solely on Brock's shoulders is irrelevant.

turns out, missing training camp may actually come with consequences ????‍??

I mean he was targeted 10 times last game. You'd think he wouldn't be that much if there was some massive disconnect. im sure they're not 100% imo (all that is) with that one play I don't think it was due to some massive disconnect. It wasn't a timing route. Like Kyle said they don't practices those types of plays. BA goes to the open space and like Kyle said you hope he see it.

Either way onto the next game

Agree let's gooooo

I mean how's he not been professional the past 3 weeks? Sure he hasn't played to the level we know he can play, but it's not like he's running half ass routes or not blocking.

Bosa been here the whole camp and isn't playing to the level you think he can. So he's not being professional?

Throw him the damn ball. I talked about it in the Brock thread. Wide open on a busted coverage would have ended the game.

Yeah NY...people on basketball forums know of your dead horse beating ability...
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Complaining that defenses are playing him tough. no s**t. play better. Nothing i hate more than grown men complaining

You must hate this forum.

Love for the niners keeps me coming back
He will be fine. Take away the drops and if we connect on one of the two possible bombs this past Sunday(one he was held on and the one Purdy didn't throw) and we are having a different conversation. Aiyuk would have multiple TDs right now. Not trying to make excuses. He needs to play better and particularly stop dropping the ball.

The WR group is going to get interesting going forward. It feels like there isn't enough balls to go around. Aiyuk and Deebo we are paying both big money. So far Aiyuk has under-performed since getting paid. Deebo is always banged up and inconsistent from game to game. While Jennings has looked great and better then both so far this season. Eventually we will have our 1st round rookie back and you want to make sure he gets some reps. I know you have to rotate players anyways but It will just be interesting to see how they manage it. If Purdy/Kyle are going to be trying to hard to get everyone a piece of the pie or which guys are going to see the most targets going forward.
[ Edited by Bloodless on Sep 26, 2024 at 2:37 PM ]

I mean how's he not been professional the past 3 weeks? Sure he hasn't played to the level we know he can play, but it's not like he's running half ass routes or not blocking.

Bosa been here the whole camp and isn't playing to the level you think he can. So he's not being professional?

Being a professional football doesnt player start week 1.
[ Edited by TD49ers on Sep 26, 2024 at 3:44 PM ]
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

He ran the wrong route and he isn't catching much of what is thrown his way this year.

BA did exactly what he's suppose to do on a broken coverage. He ran to the open space, Kyle even stated this much. Look I don't want to keep talking about that play. I can show you the screenshot of them staring at each other, if you want.

I'm also completely fine moving on.
Originally posted by Koldo:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Montana:
Just kinda want Adams tbh..too late

Really wish they just traded him, I knew this would happen due to his holdout.

Signing BA wasn't just about this yr. Adams would want to get paid all the same after this yr. So a 31 yr old Adams that will want big money or a 26 yr old BA.

It's week 3, acting like he will all of a sudden be a bad WR forever is so short sighted.

He was never a top WR in the first place. He's been massively overrated by this fanbase (nothing new there) and massively overpaid by this FO.

I remember you talking s**t about how lynch was a chump because he couldn't close the deal on the contract then once he did he was then a chump who got bent over. You and your takes in a nutshell
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

BA did exactly what he's suppose to do on a broken coverage. He ran to the open space, Kyle even stated this much. Look I don't want to keep talking about that play. I can show you the screenshot of them staring at each other, if you want.

I'm also completely fine moving on.

Then do it
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by Koldo:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Montana:
Just kinda want Adams tbh..too late

Really wish they just traded him, I knew this would happen due to his holdout.

Signing BA wasn't just about this yr. Adams would want to get paid all the same after this yr. So a 31 yr old Adams that will want big money or a 26 yr old BA.

It's week 3, acting like he will all of a sudden be a bad WR forever is so short sighted.

He was never a top WR in the first place. He's been massively overrated by this fanbase (nothing new there) and massively overpaid by this FO.

I remember you talking s**t about how lynch was a chump because he couldn't close the deal on the contract then once he did he was then a chump who got bent over. You and your takes in a nutshell

The only thing I did say was that Lynch got bent over in BA's contract negotiations.

Stop making s**t up, son.
Share 49ersWebzone