LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 260 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
You guys are crazy. Aiyuk had a fine game. He blocked, made a clutch super difficult catch, saved an interception and when they showed highlights of Gonzales he was winning routes. My guess is Purdy preferred to not test their best player too much.

does aiyuk need to do more as a WR 1…sure… but not like he didn't show effort and probably could've had a bigger game with some forced throws. Just hope he steps up when he is needed. 1 month of game action should hopefully get him up to full speed.
Originally posted by gored49:
You guys are crazy. Aiyuk had a fine game. He blocked, made a clutch super difficult catch, saved an interception and when they showed highlights of Gonzales he was winning routes. My guess is Purdy preferred to not test their best player too much.

does aiyuk need to do more as a WR 1…sure… but not like he didn't show effort and probably could've had a bigger game with some forced throws. Just hope he steps up when he is needed. 1 month of game action should hopefully get him up to full speed.
Could have just participated in camp.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
It's unlikely he'll be traded after signing a new contract.

Has that ever happened before?

Ha that first part is complete nonsense
[ Edited by 5thSFG on Sep 29, 2024 at 4:50 PM ]
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
It's unlikely he'll be traded after signing a new contract.

Has that ever happened before?

Can it even really happen? Wouldn't there be a crap load of dead cap?
28 million dollars should buy you better routes and separation.
Def better today
Let's just hope he just continues to get better.
Originally posted by 5thSFG:

Which part? Care to elaborate?
Originally posted by RonnieLott:

He isnt getting paid to get better. He is suppose to be elite already.
[ Edited by TD49ers on Sep 29, 2024 at 5:02 PM ]

I thought he was a little better. But not great. He dove for the ball and showed effort at least. His bigger games are coming.
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Originally posted by RonnieLott:

He isnt getting paid to get better. He is suppose to be elite already.

Maybe in week 15 he'll round into form
Originally posted by 5thSFG:

Which part? Care to elaborate?

He wasn't winning routes consistently. His cuts appeared rather clunky. He gave up on a deep route late in the game. Got shut down without being double teamed.

he played replacement level football. Most receivers can replicate what he's done in the first four weeks.

I know im being a tad on the critical side…. I was critical of deebos play post-contract, as well as bosa's. Creating such a scene to get all the money he did comes with scrutiny…. Deservedly so. Hes being outplayed by Jauan and deebo.
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
28 million dollars should buy you better routes and separation.

So you believe that Aiyuk, and player who's NFL reputation is running crisp routes and getting a ton of separation, just forgot how to do this?

Aiyuk is going to be fine. He's not where he needs to be. He will get there.
He's getting there. He was covered pretty closely by NE, but he made some nice plays. The money and the hold-out issues are in the past. He's on our team and he's going to progressively earn his acclaim this season.
Share 49ersWebzone