There are 375 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It's not even me sticking up for BA, it's showing that this isn't an outlier here. s**t happens all the damn time with how they do extensions and how players are now (holding out for the most cash they can get).

Also is BA not getting open or separating? Can anyone show all the bad film?

We all agree his hands aren't as consistent. A dropped pass or two will magnify whatever happened over the off season. I expect that to improve.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Front office made him a very good and fair offer. And made it clear they weren't budging. That's good business. Aiyuk developing rust, not having the connection anymore with his QB and therefore having bad production is bad business. Still defending Aiyuk like he clearly hasn't been an issue and trying to correlate it to Deebo being taken out of context is a reach.

What was the "fair" offer that they gave him back in May?

negotiations for a player they clearly wanted to keep didn't happen… It was an offer then nothing for months. They tried to get ahead of the WR market and no one is gonna accept their first offer knowing there was about to be an explosion in contracts at the WR spot. Acting like he should just accept that is silly and his agent ain't letting that s**t happen either.

I mean just about every in house big signing they've had didn't sign their first "fair offer" they all waited until late in the off season and had down yrs after their extension Warner/kittle/deebo/Bosa etc.

im not taking it out on deebo, I'm seeing if folks acted the same towards him because he did the same s**t just a couple yrs ago. In no way is that a reach. It happened.

If it's true that what Aiyuk signed was the original offer then I'd say it was a fair offer. I understand the wanting to maximize his offer but his deadline of a week before the season and demanding trades then backing out was clearly failed attempts and bluffs. s**t was f**king annoying. I do not remember Deebo demanding a trade. He was quoted by some reporter and Deebo responded by saying something like "people shouldn't believe everything the read". Aiyuk was so much a pain in the ass the FO was ready to move him if you don't think that was different then I can't help you bro.
It's not even me sticking up for BA, it's showing that this isn't an outlier here. s**t happens all the damn time with how they do extensions and how players are now (holding out for the most cash they can get).

We all agree his hands aren't as consistent. A dropped pass or two will magnify whatever happened over the off season. I expect that to improve.

I linked the graph of him not getting open vs Man last week. Getting open vs Zone is something everyone does but zone is predicated on throwing windows not getting open.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Front office made him a very good and fair offer. And made it clear they weren't budging. That's good business. Aiyuk developing rust, not having the connection anymore with his QB and therefore having bad production is bad business. Still defending Aiyuk like he clearly hasn't been an issue and trying to correlate it to Deebo being taken out of context is a reach.

What was the "fair" offer that they gave him back in May?

negotiations for a player they clearly wanted to keep didn't happen… It was an offer then nothing for months. They tried to get ahead of the WR market and no one is gonna accept their first offer knowing there was about to be an explosion in contracts at the WR spot. Acting like he should just accept that is silly and his agent ain't letting that s**t happen either.

I mean just about every in house big signing they've had didn't sign their first "fair offer" they all waited until late in the off season and had down yrs after their extension Warner/kittle/deebo/Bosa etc.

im not taking it out on deebo, I'm seeing if folks acted the same towards him because he did the same s**t just a couple yrs ago. In no way is that a reach. It happened.
you forgot all the deebo hate ?

BA needs to resolve this by getting back to normal

No one talks about it when I ask lol. No one will recognize the theme of how SF does these extensions and how damn near every player played that following yr.

sucks and yes he's just gotta play through it until he comes out the other side. IMO just because he's not getting peppered with targets every game doesn't mean he's not doing his job or he isn't getting open. Those plays will come
I linked the graph of him not getting open vs Man last week. Getting open vs Zone is something everyone does but zone is predicated on throwing windows not getting open.

he's currently the 4th best WR in ASS (Average Separation Score).

And the coach of the 49ers already addressed that saying we are seeing more zone coverages and the separation doesn't take into account LBers lurking underneath making the throws more difficult/risky.
Originally posted by 9moon:
over paid !! over paid !!

What did he do bad this week on film? Show me.

Tried to kick his short through the uprights....failed of course.

And the coach of the 49ers already addressed that saying we are seeing more zone coverages and the separation doesn't take into account LBers lurking underneath making the throws more difficult/risky.

Only 4th in ASS.

This is too easy.
over paid !! over paid !!

What did he do bad this week on film? Show me.

don't need to see the film, YUCK is good, and I'm a supporter, but we gave him too much..

Same thing was noted in MB article on the athletic last week

Originally posted by TD49ers:
Only 4th in ASS.

This is too easy.

The 4th best WR in the league as far as separation metric go is bad lol? Are you just incapable of being objective for one min?
don't need to see the film, YUCK is good, and I'm a supporter, but we gave him too much..

Every football player is paid too much imo
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Does NE play a ton of zone now? This was after week 4
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Can you shoot over that article when you get a chance?
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Only 4th in ASS.

This is too easy.

The 4th best WR in the league as far as separation metric go is bad lol? Are you just incapable of being objective for one min?

Oh.....I thought it was 4th best in playing like ASS.........
Share 49ersWebzone