Cardinals stun turnover-plagued 49ers 24-23 after second-half comeback →

There are 665 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Adams on pace for 888 yds and 4 TDs. pretty pedestrian at this point, but he does cost a lot of dollars and draft picks and he brings a big attitude also.

No idea why WBzers are wanting Adam's.

???? Adam's plays on a dumpster fire, are you implying that he wouldn't look dramatically better on a competitive team????

Thus isnt happening. Moot point.

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Lmfao when will you guys learn Raiders aren't gonna trade with the 9ers.

One can dream.

Please, please get Adams. A rental, raincheck, paypal, Gofundme, anything lolol. Dude is total stud. Him and Purdy would be lit.

I don't know if Adams and Kyle would be a match

Nope. He wouldn't get along with Brady either with that thinking. Reminds me of how the 70s Bills worked so hard to get OJ his numbers, but were losers- running the ball when they were down so OJ could get to 2k. Adams just wants numbers. The Raiders should trade him to Carolina.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Adams on pace for 888 yds and 4 TDs. pretty pedestrian at this point, but he does cost a lot of dollars and draft picks and he brings a big attitude also.

No idea why WBzers are wanting Adam's.
i would want as many weapons as we can get for this year.

We can't run the entire game in all games.. would be nice to have the opposing defense have to cover 4 top WRs in crunch time

Nobody has 4 top WRs.

Exactly. If were gonna trade, go for FS (a real free safety), RT, or C (I know we won't get the last two).

Those are definite needs. Another WR.........stupid. Didnt we just draft two early.
Nope. He wouldn't get along with Brady either with that thinking. Reminds me of how the 70s Bills worked so hard to get OJ his numbers, but were losers- running the ball when they were down so OJ could get to 2k. Adams just wants numbers. The Raiders should trade him to Carolina.

Exactly. If were gonna trade, go for FS (a real free safety), RT, or C (I know we won't get the last two).
reality... no way we get those other positions in a trade.

not sure how adding another weapon is a bad thing when we can't really upgrade significantly anywhere else

not sure how adding another weapon is a bad thing when we can't really upgrade significantly anywhere else

I agree about not really finding O line help via a trade but the 2nd we can find O line talent in the draft to develope. Another WR is not a need right now. Maybe the off season but we are probally losing Deebo so we should try and keep him instead.

I said I know we won't get the last two lol. And we don't need another receiver. That isn't an actual problem.

I said I know we won't get the last two lol. And we don't need another receiver. That isn't an actual problem.
it was a problem in the SB.. we lost two pass catchers
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Furlow:

We got taken for $30mil

BA is the ASSman
OOriginally posted by TD49ers:

BA is the ASSman

You know it's bad when deebo is out separating you.

edit oops misread it.
[ Edited by 5thSFG on Oct 1, 2024 at 6:05 PM ]

Aiyuk blocking his ass off based on all 22. Nary a peep from the babies
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Aiyuk blocking his ass off based on all 22. Nary a peep from the babies
blocking would get you net zero ASS
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Oct 1, 2024 at 6:28 PM ]
Christian Gonzalez is a baller, so there's no shame in getting clamped down by him--but these are the dudes you get paid $120m to beat, not the bums.

Are people really saying we should trade BA for Adams? Look I was critical of BA for a while, I'm happy he's back long term, he'll turn it around, Adams is soon to be 32yrs old, BA is 26yrs old, 6yrs younger.

Also, BA's got just a $1.125M base salary, he's still owed only $875K, while Adams is owed $13,136,666, plus $420K of his per game roster bonus, plus he's owed a $35.64M base salary in 2025, $510K per game roster bonus, & $100K workout bonus in 2025, then in 2026 he's owed $36.64M, plus the same $510K per game roster bonus & $100K workout bonus, so his 2025 & 2026 cap hits would be $36.25M in 2025 & $37.25M in 2026, then look at BA's cap numbers in 2025 & 2026, he has a $22.855M option bonus that the Raiders would take on & owe to Aiyuk, his 2025 cap number is just $11.191M, & $16.233M in 2026, so look at it this way.

2024: BA $875K saved, $4.6M dead money, 2025: BA $6.591M saved, $18.4M dead money, 2026: BA $16.223M saved, no dead money.

2024: Adams $13,556,666 owed, $12,681,666 loss of cap room 2025: Adams $36.25M cap number, $48.059M counting between Adams salary cap number + BA's $18.4M dead money, 2026: Adams owed $37.25M, BA's cap ht is $16.223M, we'd lose $21.027M in 2026.

Ok, but what about restructuring his deal, here's what happens.

2025: Reducing his 2025 base salary to $1.255M creates a $34.385M signing bonus(prorated at $6.877M), saving $27.508M, $8.742M 2025 cap number, we'd still have a $18.4M dead money hit for BA, so we'd only really save $9.108M

2026: Reducing his 2026 base salary to $1.3M creates a $35.34M signing bonus(prorated at $7.068M), saving $28.272M, $15.855M 2026 cap number,

2027: $48.903M dead money hit vs BA's $42.282M cap hit, a loss of $6.621M

There's no way the 49ers will trade a 26yr old All-Pro WR who, while isn't playing great, he will only improve, vs a 32yr old All-Pro WR, who would cost a ton if he refused to redo his deal, plus is going to end up declining, no way would I ever do that trade.

And if they reduced his 2024 base salary down it would just make his 2025 & 2026 cap hits higher, in no way is this even something the 49ers would even consider IMO, as the 49ers do you want a 26yr old WR or a 32yr old WR? Idk Adams numbers this year, but I'd rather have the guy with higher upside.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Christian Gonzalez is a baller, so there's no shame in getting clamped down by him--but these are the dudes you get paid $120m to beat, not the bums.

damn i didn't know he held and PI'd so much
Share 49ersWebzone