LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 252 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Would we rather have BA or Adams....?

Both are always complaining. Adams is better, but hes also 5 years older. Id still take Aiyuk.
All I know is if we're paying $30M for a receiver I'm expecting freakish level performances but we've not seen that thus far
The only way this would make sense is if they are already planning on trading Aiyuk after the season. Deebo or Aiyuk next year but not both because of the money. If they bring in Adams they know they aren't going to sign him next year. Personally I wouldn't do it since Adams doesn't know the offense so he would need a few weeks to really get involved.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
All I know is if we're paying $30M for a receiver I'm expecting freakish level performances but we've not seen that thus far

He never was that Jamar Chase and Ceedee Lamb level. Now we are seeing it. But guys on here were arguing that he is that. Yes they were despite many who deny it now. He was always a tier below that. He's a real good route runner and has good hands. When in shape. But I don't think he was the explosive game breaker. He's pretty fast but not blazing. Even the timed speed says this.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Oct 3, 2024 at 12:12 PM ]
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
I dont think drafting Wirfs would have prevented us from getting Trent. But what do I know? lol

Well if ya have 3 first round tackles someone is the odd man out. Wirfs has never played guard and McGlinchey was terrible at it so not sure that wouldve been the route to go.

Only way to make that work would've been to trade McGlinchey at the time.

Hindsight the right move was getting Lamb and Trevon Diggs.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Oct 3, 2024 at 1:58 PM ]
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

we've seen it, from 15
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
I dont think drafting Wirfs would have prevented us from getting Trent. But what do I know? lol

Well if ya have 3 first round tackles someone is the odd man out. Wirfs has never played guard and McGlinchey was terrible at it so not sure that wouldve been the route to go.

Only way to make that work would've been to trade McGlinchey at the time.

Hindsight the right move was getting Lamb and Trevon Diggs.

But we got Kinlaw!! I thought for sure Lamb was going to be a 49er.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Kinlaw was regarded as one of the best DTs in the draft. That was the off season they tried to replace buck. End of the day regardless of the upside, they gotta stop drafting guys with legit health issues (especially in the top two rds).

BA turned into a damn good pick and that trade for Trent. Is what it is at this pt.

Kinlaw is one the baddest monsters I have personally ever seen.....

Just a mountain of muscle, he was the TO of DTs.....

Who happened to have an injury issue, that robbed him of power....

The Eyeball test said get Kinlaw at all cost, reality is he looked the part, but was not that dude.

We are reminded every decade that if these workout warriors or eye candy guys were as wicked good as we want to believe they are....they should destroy college level talent....and far too often they simply do not.

Bill Parcells, Jerry Glanville, Bill Bilicheck all did not attend combines regularly....if you could not show it on the field they were not interested.

Parcells being the most interesting, he had successful stops all over the NFL and he brought a core of players with him from stop to stop...he had HIS guys. Dudes that did not fit on other teams, but worked in the NFL.
I'm telling you all:

The time to do this trade was 5 weeks ago. It's too late now.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I'm telling you all:

Yep. I would be for adding Adams in, then cut or trade him in the offseason. But not sending any WR, THAT is unless the niners get pick compensation

I'm telling you all:

The time to trade him was before the draft.
I'm telling you all:

The time to trade him was before the draft.

Then people wouldn't have known we signed him to $30m a year and would be complaining we traded. No win.
DA probably goes to the Jets
Originally posted by Montana:

I would put money on that...
Originally posted by bassmanr:
Originally posted by Montana:

I would put money on that...
suckers bet
Share 49ersWebzone