Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I'm telling you all:

The time to do this trade was 5 weeks ago. It's too late now.

The time to trade him was before the draft.

Then people wouldn't have known we signed him to $30m a year and would be complaining we traded. No win.

Bingo
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 9moon:
ah know you DIDN'T just go that way, NO you didn't !! NO . you didn't !!!

NY NY NY.. When you gonna learn that you got NO argument with Coach Shanny?

... yeah, i know you'd take all the most talented roster over 2 Super Bowl rings.. ONLY YOU NY!! ONLY YOU !!

What are even talking about….if you think he didn't help create one of if not the best roster in football then you can't be objective and unbiased for one min….which makes your opinions pretty worthless on the subject.

.. lol.. ur HC and his roster had gotten him half way to Marv Levy's Super Bowl record..

STAY PROUD WHEN U YELL OUT.. " WE ALMOST WON !!! "
ah know you DIDN'T just go that way, NO you didn't !! NO . you didn't !!!

NY NY NY.. When you gonna learn that you got NO argument with Coach Shanny?

... yeah, i know you'd take all the most talented roster over 2 Super Bowl rings.. ONLY YOU NY!! ONLY YOU !!

What are even talking about….if you think he didn't help create one of if not the best roster in football then you can't be objective and unbiased for one min….which makes your opinions pretty worthless on the subject.

.. lol.. ur HC and his roster had gotten him half way to Marv Levy's Super Bowl record..

yup worthless lol

And your answer at one point was to hire Chris Petersen

cry me a river we have a great team that's always in contention to win it every yr sorry that sucks for you….acting like you blow, if you don't win a SB is about as dumb as it gets.

last I checked only one team can win a SB every yr SO everyone sucks. No one cares if you won or loss a super a decade ago either.

You hated the hire from day 1 and pretending you're right because they haven't won a SB is such a straw man argument.
Aiyuk isn't playing his best, but he'll get back to himself eventually.

Nothing about how he's done so far has surprised me. Deebo and Bosa started slow too after holdouts.

With Aiyuk having no off-season, Purdy connected best with Jennings. Plus, sometimes it's just the call and coverage. Obviously Aiyuk would have better stats too if we hadn't missed him on the long one in the Rams game and we'd be 3-1 now.

It is what it is, but looking at the whole picture, it's not really as bad as some think.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Oct 4, 2024 at 7:32 AM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Aiyuk isn't playing his best, but he'll get back to himself eventually.

Nothing about how he's done so far has surprised me. Deebo and Bosa started slow too after holdouts.

With Aiyuk having no off-season, Purdy connected best with Jennings. Plus, sometimes it's just the call and coverage. Obviously Aiyuk would have better stats too if we hadn't missed him on the long one in the Rams game and we'd be 3-1 now.

It is what it is, but looking at the whole picture, it's not really as bad as some think.

Feel like he's just not in shape. Not that he "sucks" we all know he can play at a high level.

like I keep saying. Every single guy we extended took forever to sign and had a down year that season….this isn't a one time thing, it's a theme with this team.
Feel like he's just not in shape. Not that he "sucks" we all know he can play at a high level.

like I keep saying. Every single guy we extended took forever to sign and had a down year that season….this isn't a one time thing, it's a theme with this team.

He's 4 games in. I'd agree with you after the first 2 or 3 weeks, but by now, his body is definitely in football shape.

I think it's simple: he's getting more attention from DCs+not catching the ball. The latter is due to a lack of technical sharpness, timing and rhythm from no camp.
[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 4, 2024 at 12:09 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
He's 4 games in. I'd agree with you after the first 2 or 3 weeks, but by now, his body is definitely in football shape.

I think it's simple: he's getting more attention from DCs+not catching the ball. The latter is due to a lack of sharpness and rhythm from no camp.

Yeah I think it will come around. Had a pretty damn good catch last week on 3rd down. s**t takes time, the whole situation was annoying and we all thought it would affect him and the season to some extent (seems to happen to all our guys).

I think it's simple: he's getting more attention from DCs+not catching the ball. The latter is due to a lack of sharpness and rhythm from no camp.

Yeah I think it will come around. Had a pretty damn good catch last week on 3rd down. s**t takes time, the whole situation was annoying and we all thought it would affect him and the season to some extent (seems to happen to all our guys).
the last game BA was not even trying to beat his guy or forgot how to. BA can't run routes trying to run over the DBs.. he needs to make his cuts before contact

I think it's simple: he's getting more attention from DCs+not catching the ball. The latter is due to a lack of technical sharpness, timing and rhythm from no camp.

This. Hey, you reap what you sow. He thinks he's a lambo, wanted top 5 WR money, and b***hed about being the 4th option on a run first offense. Well, welcome to now being schemed for and higher than the 4th option. Now it's time to live up to your own expectations and hype

Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
I dont think drafting Wirfs would have prevented us from getting Trent. But what do I know? lol

Well if ya have 3 first round tackles someone is the odd man out. Wirfs has never played guard and McGlinchey was terrible at it so not sure that wouldve been the route to go.

Only way to make that work would've been to trade McGlinchey at the time.

Hindsight the right move was getting Lamb and Trevon Diggs.

We're playing hindsight and you take Lamb?

If we're playing that game, the move is Justin Jefferson and Diggs.

No explanation needed for JJ and Diggs removes the need for us signing Ward, which leaves cap space for another impact player or extension.
Dude has been an overpaid bratty bum..Jennings making him look like a has been. Still time to fine tune but the play doesn't reflect the pay
Originally posted by Montana:
Dude has been an overpaid bratty bum..Jennings making him look like a has been. Still time to fine tune but the play doesn't reflect the pay
Well we're stuck with him. No amount of frustration expressed will change our or his position. Let's just hope he gets his mojo back and get the big red machine rolling again

And your answer at one point was to hire Chris Petersen

cry me a river we have a great team that's always in contention to win it every yr sorry that sucks for you….acting like you blow, if you don't win a SB is about as dumb as it gets.

last I checked only one team can win a SB every yr SO everyone sucks. No one cares if you won or loss a super a decade ago either.

You hated the hire from day 1 and pretending you're right because they haven't won a SB is such a straw man argument.

Coach CP woulda beaten both KC teams had he be the one coaching.. I tell u that much..

... also, i did not hate the hire from day one.. it was the 2nd season that made me realize he's really just an OC... don't blame me if you and the rest of the SHANANIGANS is just seeing that now..

0-2 !! 0-2 !!

STOP giving him passes..
All off field bs aside please have a big game tomorrow Brandon. Would love to see it
Share 49ersWebzone