There are 266 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninerjok:
I understand the silly season of all this posturing and gamesmanship around social media on the BA situation but can people wrap their minds around the fact he's not a free agent, and in fact under contract with 49ers. All this stuff is just mostly BS.

While that is true... if we were to trade BA, it would be now. Not later.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Tee Higgins and a 2nd for Aiyuk and a 4th.

I'd listen.

I'm not sending Aiyuk anywhere without getting someone proven in return.
I'd hang up.
Originally posted by DaleGribble:

I'd listen.

I'd hang up.

Same... only reason you'd trade Aiyuk is to get the money off the books and get younger.

Like trading Aiyuk for 1st (Latham or Mims) + a 2nd or 3rd wouldn't be a bad deal for us IMO.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Same... only reason you'd trade Aiyuk is to get the money off the books and get younger.

Like trading Aiyuk for 1st (Latham or Mims) + a 2nd or 3rd wouldn't be a bad deal for us IMO.

Rather they trade Deebo for that.

I'd listen.

I'd hang up.

While I'd ask for a 1st, doubt we'd get it.

Despite not having Joe Burrow for a chunk of his time, the stats are pretty similar to Aiyuk since they were drafted.

HIGGINS in 58 games: 257 rec, 3684 yds, 24 TDs

AIYUK in 62 games: 269 rec, 3931 yds, 25 TDs

When scaled per game, they're nearly identical. The biggest difference is that Higgins has stayed around the same level of production. Aiyuk made big jumps the past couple years.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Rather they trade Deebo for that.

Deebo probably wouldn't net much for us right now anyway. I really think an improved OL or CMC injury could make his value increase significantly again.

My priorities are this:

1. Resign Aiyuk
2. Trade Aiyuk for a 1st and swap 2nd rounders (at least)
3. Tag Aiyuk
4. Trade Aiyuk for anything less than option #2. (including player swap)
Higgins is going to get paid in the ballpark of aiyuk....what would be the point??

I'd listen.

I'd hang up.

I could absolutely live with that.

I'd listen.

I'd hang up.

Despite not having Joe Burrow for a chunk of his time, the stats are pretty similar to Aiyuk since they were drafted.

When scaled per game, they're nearly identical. The biggest difference is that Higgins has stayed around the same level of production. Aiyuk made big jumps the past couple years.
The opportunity to draft one of the top Tackles would be way more valuable to me than Higgins.

I'd listen.

I'd hang up.

I could absolutely live with that.

Yup. Fans are just afraid of doing something like that because we whiffed on Kinlaw so badly.

Had we drafted Wirfs instead, most people would like the trade.

The one thing I like about Lynch is that he's not afraid to be bold.

If we traded Aiyuk for a 15 year starter tackle, especially at a position fans have been clammoring for, I think it could benefit us.

Get back to being the best run team in the NFL. Purdy is accurate enough to make things happen.

He was drafted 25th in the first round, he has lived up to that if not exceeded it. Why would you not be able to get at least that back in return ?
Originally posted by Oilcan:
He was drafted 25th in the first round, he has lived up to that if not exceeded it. Why would you not be able to get at least that back in return ?

Technically we spent more than the 25th pick on him since it was a trade up. You may not get that in return because the team that gets him also has to pay him, that comes in to play in negotiations. That said, to your point, it wouldn't be worth it for us to trade him for anything less than a first round pick. He's coming off a 2nd team all pro season and is a rare WR that puts effort into run blocking
Originally posted by Oilcan:

You wouldn't get a 1st and Tee Higgins. The poster's proposal was Higgins and a 2nd… which I def don't think we'd get either.

Mid-low first and change seems realistic.
Although I will say Jerry Jeudy just got paid about 19 mil APY for doing about a micrometer of what Brandon's done. so he's probably looking for at least about 26-28 mil.

I'd listen.

I'd hang up.

I'd do it if we were in a good position to get Latham, I think that guy will be an all pro
Share 49ersWebzone