There are 270 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Silky:
If you ask me who I would trade BA in a 1:1 deal, it would only be Chase, JJ, Tyreek, and Lamb. Anyone over 28 forget it. So guys like Evans, Adams, Kupp, AJ Brown is getting close is out of the picture. BA's youth is the most appealing thing about him to other teams. He can be a dominant receiver for the next 10 years.

10 years? lol
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
If you ask me who I would trade BA in a 1:1 deal, it would only be Chase, JJ, Tyreek, and Lamb. Anyone over 28 forget it. So guys like Evans, Adams, Kupp, AJ Brown is getting close is out of the picture. BA's youth is the most appealing thing about him to other teams. He can be a dominant receiver for the next 10 years.

10 years? lol

BA's specialty is his route running. 10 years might be pushing it, but 6-7 years sounds about right.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

10 years? lol

BA's specialty is his route running. 10 years might be pushing it, but 6-7 years sounds about right.

Agree. I wonder how he would do as the focal point/no. 1 or 2 option. I think he can still put up 1300+ yards in that role. Deebo might actually benefit because with less focus on him, he should have more space to make a big play.
Was hoping this trade talk would be done already lol..no me gusta
Originally posted by Montana:

10 years? lol

Fine. 12 years
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by Montana:

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Ranking WRs is really subjective. You can't really go on stats because it often depends on the system they play in. It matters how good the team is. It matters on whether there is another target that shares the receptions. How good is his QB? Does he play in a bad weather city or does he play indoors? Lots of things to consider.

You can typically go off an All Pro nod because of how that's actually voted on
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Ranking WRs is really subjective. You can't really go on stats because it often depends on the system they play in. It matters how good the team is. It matters on whether there is another target that shares the receptions. How good is his QB? Does he play in a bad weather city or does he play indoors? Lots of things to consider.

BA is a solid, very good receiver. But he's never going to be that guy you can just throw it up to and let him work. There's only a handful of those guys in todays league.

I would put: Jefferson, Chase, Hill, Lamb (as of today) in that category. Everyone else is just a slight tier below (guys like Adams, Diggs, Kupp, were in that category as well several years ago but not anymore imo)

So you're saying Lamar Jackson and Dak Prescott are better QBs than Patrick Mahomes and Josh Allen? Davante Adams is a worst receiver than Puka? Maxx Crosby is better than Nick Bosa? Bobby Wagner is better than Dre Greenlaw? Kyren Williams is a better running back than Saquan Barkley, Josh Jacobs, Justin Fields, King Henry, Jonathan Taylor, Austin Ekeler. I say All pro isn't a measure for how good a player is but how good a year he had. Stack multiple all pros then your that guy. Have 1 good year and you are heading towards being that dude but also could end up like the many 1 year wonders the league has seen. No that's not what I'm predicting will happen to Aiyuk just trying to calm the homerism down.

Do some people not realize how the cap works? They act like both Aiyuk and Deebo will be carrying 25+ Million cap hit's. The time Aiyuk's contract kicks in, they can let go of Deebo. If Aiyuk signs an extension his cap hit will be around $7 Million in 2024 and probally around $15 Million in 2025. Maybe less. And year 3 you have an out with Deebo.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
So you're saying Lamar Jackson and Dak Prescott are better QBs than Patrick Mahomes and Josh Allen? Davante Adams is a worst receiver than Puka? Maxx Crosby is better than Nick Bosa? Bobby Wagner is better than Dre Greenlaw? Kyren Williams is a better running back than Saquan Barkley, Josh Jacobs, Justin Fields, King Henry, Jonathan Taylor, Austin Ekeler. I say All pro isn't a measure for how good a player is but how good a year he had. Stack multiple all pros then your that guy. Have 1 good year and you are heading towards being that dude but also could end up like the many 1 year wonders the league has seen. No that's not what I'm predicting will happen to Aiyuk just trying to calm the homerism down.

I'm not worried about homerism. I'm concerned with truth. I'm team first but Aiyuk has clearly established himself and has been trending towards All Pro the last couple years and he's finally made it.

He has been getting open and on 100 targets he's gotten 1350 yards! Then he's a selfless player blocking at elite levels in the run game and he's a team captain.

Can we imagine the productivity he could amass if he was targeted more? You get paid for how you've produced and right now he's All Pro

I'm not worried about homerism. I'm concerned with truth. I'm team first but Aiyuk has clearly established himself and has been trending towards All Pro the last couple years and he's finally made it.

He has been getting open and on 100 targets he's gotten 1350 yards! Then he's a selfless player blocking at elite levels in the run game and he's a team captain.

Can we imagine the productivity he could amass if he was targeted more? You get paid for how you've produced and right now he's All Pro

It's not like Aiyuk is recreating the position with his route running. He is an exceptional route runner I don't want to come off as anti Aiyuk. I like him a lot but have seen his envy for other receivers in pass happy offenses. But context of being in a run first offense who's run fakes suck up the linebackers who are to defend the second level has some thing to do with his separation when we run a lot of Yankee and Pin concepts. Dudes a really good receiver in a great offense. But if he was the only offensive threat like JJetta I don't think he would be getting the kinda separation he gets here. He does get less targets here but he also gets less defensive attention here.

It's not like Aiyuk is recreating the position with his route running. He is an exceptional route runner I don't want to come off as anti Aiyuk. I like him a lot but have seen his envy for other receivers in pass happy offenses. But context of being in a run first offense who's run fakes suck up the linebackers who are to defend the second level has some thing to do with his separation when we run a lot of Yankee and Pin concepts. Dudes a really good receiver in a great offense. But if he was the only offensive threat like JJetta I don't think he would be getting the kinda separation he gets here. He does get less targets here but he also gets less defensive attention here.

I agree, but you have to have an ego to be a WR and well... yeah we see those egos lol

I have said Aiyuk is a very good wr in the past. He's not that top level elite #1 talent imo (who is these days?), but he's very good. Unfortunately this position pays silly at this point.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
I agree, but you have to have an ego to be a WR and well... yeah we see those egos lol

I have said Aiyuk is a very good wr in the past. He's not that top level elite #1 talent imo (who is these days?), but he's very good. Unfortunately this position pays silly at this point.

I'm just saying he's just made All Pro so taking out emotion or opinion the fact is he should expect to be paid like it and honestly he's a great fit for this team which is why Kyle drafted him in the first round so let's lock him up!
Share 49ersWebzone