There are 253 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by thl408:
Yeah, Kyle isn't going to trade a WR when they finally develop the finer details of being a WR, and have chemistry with the FQB. Next thing you know, Kyle selects another Dante Pettis - let's not risk that. Good, young Split Ends are very valuable even if they aren't the focal point of an offense. Even when they aren't targeted, they have an impact on the play, preventing a defense from selling out to stop the run.

I think they draft a WR now and perhaps somewhat early. Ray Ray is gone, Jennings will be an unrestricted free agent after next season, Gray looks like a major bust and if they can't get Aiyuk signed to a long term deal then they really will need to look at trading him so they'd better have someone in house ready to go and hold down at least a #3 WR spot.

This draft class is pretty filthy when it comes to WR talent so I wouldn't be too shocked if they picked two even, one early, one late to develop the rotation.

Man I can't wait for draft day when the niners draft a DE or WR with 31st pick. There is going to be full board pandemonium
Originally posted by lamontb:
Man I can't wait for draft day when the niners draft a DE or WR with 31st pick. There is going to be full board pandemonium

I see it being WR or CB
Well history shows if BA is going to be traded it will be within the next week or so.

This regime traded Defo end of March. Traded for #3 middle of March. They don't wait til the draft when 1st round picks are involved.
TRADE HIS AZZZ

aint like we gon use him in the superbowl anyways
Originally posted by krizay:
Well history shows if BA is going to be traded it will be within the next week or so.

This regime traded Defo end of March. Traded for #3 middle of March. They don't wait til the draft when 1st round picks are involved.

And both of those ended in disaster. Maybe try something different instead.
Originally posted by lamontb:

I see it being WR or CB

I don't care what position it is as long as it's BPA and we aren't reaching for need or a guy projected as a 3rd round pick head scratcher
Trade him for more than AJ Brown compensation. Brown had a worse year and got traded for a 1st and 3rd I think

I liked the Defo trade. Didn't like the player they picked. Kinlaw never stood a chance. Was never going to come close to Defo's production and was always going to be inferior in the minds of every fan

I liked the Defo trade. Didn't like the player they picked. Kinlaw never stood a chance. Was never going to come close to Defo's production and was always going to be inferior in the minds of every fan

Most fans would have been smart enough to understand it was a salary dump. If Kinlaw was a serviceable player, people would have been fine with the decision. But he was.t Far from it.

We should have never used the exact pick for his replacement, just like if we happen to trade Aiyuk, we should NOT draft a WR with that pick.

And he proved to be inferior so the minds of every fan was correct lol

Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Most fans would have been smart enough to understand it was a salary dump. If Kinlaw was a serviceable player, people would have been fine with the decision. But he was.t Far from it.

We should have never used the exact pick for his replacement, just like if we happen to trade Aiyuk, we should NOT draft a WR with that pick.

Bingo.

That 10.00 RAS long snapper though

Unless a roster changing player happens to be there, they should(have) trade(ed) down with the pick. Even if it is 10 spots for +2 picks, it changes the pressure on the player. Think Moneyball with replacing Giambi, no ONE player is filling his shoes.

That was my argument at te time. I think we would be ok using Aiyuk pick on a WR. Kyle will make that pick serviceable at the very least.

Defensive players is a different animal. You're either that guy or not. Can't really scheme Defensive players in to success

I agree
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Bingo.

That 10.00 RAS long snapper though

If Belichick was still in charge somewhere that dude wouldn't make it out of the 3rd round.
Share 49ersWebzone