There are 272 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Bingo.

That 10.00 RAS long snapper though

If Belichick was still in charge somewhere that dude wouldn't make it out of the 3rd round.

Anyone who picks special teams in the 3rd is special
Originally posted by krizay:
Well history shows if BA is going to be traded it will be within the next week or so.

This regime traded Defo end of March. Traded for #3 middle of March. They don't wait til the draft when 1st round picks are involved.

And both of those ended in disaster. Maybe try something different instead.

THIS!!
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Man I can't wait for draft day when the niners draft a DE or WR with 31st pick. There is going to be full board pandemonium

I see it being WR or CB

I don't care what position it is as long as it's BPA and we aren't reaching for need or a guy projected as a 3rd round pick head scratcher

So you're okay if the BPA is a QB and we select him at # 31. HELL NO !!!! We need to select BPA at one of the positions of need for this team.
F the offseason
Originally posted by Ottawa49er:
So you're okay if the BPA is a QB and we select him at # 31. HELL NO !!!! We need to select BPA at one of the positions of need for this team.

I agree, i think 4th round is where pure BPA(schemefit) comes in. If kirk cousins is sitting there, get him. 4 years is a VERY LONG time, and if he plays great for a few 2-4 game stretches you may get a 2nd for him.
Originally posted by Ottawa49er:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Man I can't wait for draft day when the niners draft a DE or WR with 31st pick. There is going to be full board pandemonium

I see it being WR or CB

I don't care what position it is as long as it's BPA and we aren't reaching for need or a guy projected as a 3rd round pick head scratcher

Only QBs that have a chance of being there at #31 is Nix and Penix, both of whom would not be BPA IMO. Not sure how much you follow the draft but it's actually rare when BPA meets position of need in the first round. To your point, I do think that C/IOL will meet BPA this draft and I consider that a position of need for us, but the question is, will they?
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Most fans would have been smart enough to understand it was a salary dump. If Kinlaw was a serviceable player, people would have been fine with the decision. But he was.t Far from it.

We should have never used the exact pick for his replacement, just like if we happen to trade Aiyuk, we should NOT draft a WR with that pick.

Unless a roster changing player happens to be there, they should(have) trade(ed) down with the pick. Even if it is 10 spots for +2 picks, it changes the pressure on the player. Think Moneyball with replacing Giambi, no ONE player is filling his shoes.

Should have stayed put and taken wirfs
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Bingo.

That 10.00 RAS long snapper though

If Belichick was still in charge somewhere that dude wouldn't make it out of the 3rd round.

Anyone who picks special teams in the 3rd is special

Does that mean the 9ers are special for drafting a kicker In the 3rd?
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Does that mean the 9ers are special for drafting a kicker In the 3rd?

Good thing Moody is a stud. Other than the blocked (didn't get iced / choke on a FG) extra point, he performed well under brightest lights
If they're not getting two first rounders, it's really dumb to trade Aiyuk. And I really don't believe they're "listening" to offers.

Aiyuk was a first rounder and is now in his prime, in an offense he thrives in, and now has a fantastic rapport with Purdy. The niners aren't going to get that with a first round rookie WR.

Do we really think they're lucky enough to hit on a WR that contributes mightily, immediately, and ends up being a better player than Aiyuk. There's almost no chance of that happening.

Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
If they're not getting two first rounders, it's really dumb to trade Aiyuk. And I really don't believe they're "listening" to offers.

Aiyuk was a first rounder and is now in his prime, in an offense he thrives in, and now has a fantastic rapport with Purdy. The niners aren't going to get that with a first round rookie WR.

Do we really think they're lucky enough to hit on a WR that contributes mightily, immediately, and ends up being a better player than Aiyuk. There's almost no chance of that happening.

Yeah, shipping out an all-pro WR for draft picks in a year the championship window is wide TF open, would be monumentally stupid. The compensation would need to be significant to even entertain the idea.
Originally posted by Chance:

Yeah, shipping out an all-pro WR for draft picks in a year the championship window is wide TF open, would be monumentally stupid. The compensation would need to be significant to even entertain the idea.

^^^ Absolutely all of those!!
Originally posted by pillageDatazz:

They moved off Buckner for a first when the window was wtf open.
Originally posted by DaleGribble:

And I would hope that they learned their lesson.
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:
Originally posted by DaleGribble:

And I would hope that they learned their lesson.
Moving off Buckner wasn't the mistake drafting Kinlaw was.
Share 49ersWebzone