There are 260 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DaleGribble:
They moved off Buckner for a first when the window was wtf open.

Truth and I really was disappointed when he was let go. However, the defense was still pretty solid.

The diff is, BP could really use a top notch WR who already knows the system and really meshes with the QB while the chances of getting back are still good. Deebo could miss some time again. BA is reliable and won't make the rookie mistakes.
Originally posted by pillageDatazz:

Truth and I really was disappointed when he was let go. However, the defense was still pretty solid.

The diff is, BP could really use a top notch WR who already knows the system and really meshes with the QB while the chances of getting back are still good. Deebo could miss some time again. BA is reliable and won't make the rookie mistakes.
I guess we'll soon find out how much Shannahan values him.
I guess we'll soon find out how much Shannahan values him.

Absolutely, it is totally up to him I guess

What if we trade BA for Defo and swap 1s and 3s 🤷‍♂️?
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:

not gonna happen especially after the two DT signings.

Let's play tho. If that would've happened earlier then cool. I'm not opposed to watching BA leave if both parties can't come to an agreement. However, that has come with an improved Oline, WRs in day one of draft and in 3rd or 4th.

BP has a full offseason to focus only on polishing up his craft so that definitely makes offense better because he has what it takes to carry the team on occasion if need be. Things would be a lot different w/out BA but they can adapt and still be good enough to get back to SB especially with better defense and improved BP.

No thanks

What if we trade BA for a rookie contract, because that is the only reason to let him go.
Originally posted by BOI49er:
What if we trade BA for a rookie contract, because that is the only reason to let him go.

Maybe. But gotta be a top 20 pick IMO. If they leave the first round with Brian Thomas then Guyton. Or Fuaga then McConkey or Mitchell, I suppose I could live with that.
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Originally posted by BOI49er:

Maybe. But gotta be a top 20 pick IMO. If they leave the first round with Brian Thomas then Guyton. Or Fuaga then McConkey or Mitchell, I suppose I could live with that.

No argument, but the draft pick we get is only half the benefit. The other half is we get to extend talent that we have.
BA is similar to Purdy to me.....I dunno really how good HE is. Yeah, he put up solid stats, but he's on a team with a legit All Pro RB, a legit All Pro TE, and a former All Pro in Deebo. Aiyuk is definitely not on the J. Jefferson/J. Chase/D. Adams/T. Hill level...he simply doesn't command the attention those guys get. I guess it comes down to what he wants....and if he actually wants to stay in SF.

Originally posted by RickyRoma:
BA is similar to Purdy to me.....I dunno really how good HE is. Yeah, he put up solid stats, but he's on a team with a legit All Pro RB, a legit All Pro TE, and a former All Pro in Deebo. Aiyuk is definitely not on the J. Jefferson/J. Chase/D. Adams/T. Hill level...he simply doesn't command the attention those guys get. I guess it comes down to what he wants....and if he actually wants to stay in SF.

We really just going to play this game with every one of our players and coaches?

I guess everyone's a product of each other at this point…
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
We really just going to play this game with every one of our players and coaches?

I guess everyone's a product of each other at this point…

Who thinks CMC is just a product? The dude was a stud in Carolina....he is arguably the best RB in football. Who thinks Kittle is just a product? He dominates in blocking, but can also excel in receiving....again arguably the best TE in football. I don't think Aiyuk is at the level of receiver, ergo, he benefits greatly due to the system/talent around him. I think he's probably somewhere in that tier 2....with guys like T. Mclaurin, DJ Moore....and should be paid around that.
Aiyuk is an All Pro WR about to ENTER his prime. How many TC reports do you guys have to hear stating that Aiyuk was the best player in camp before we understand that we ain't trading Aiyuk from here without a unanimous kings ransom in picks and players

He is EXACTLY the kinda player we extend and he's at a position we've had hell in filling years past
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Aiyuk is an All Pro WR about to ENTER his prime. How many TC reports do you guys have to hear stating that Aiyuk was the best player in camp before we understand that we ain't trading Aiyuk from here without a unanimous kings ransom in picks and players

He is EXACTLY the kinda player we extend and he's at a position we've had hell in filling years past
I don't think you can put a whole lot of stock in TC reports but if that were the case they certainly didn't use him as if they thought he were the best player in camp.
Share 49ersWebzone