Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by Montana:
I need that BA extension

I'm expecting a trade any day now.

oh really! well don`t hold your breath while expecting
Originally posted by DaleGribble:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by DaleGribble:
It absolutely allowed us to keep players that we wouldn't have been able to keep otherwise.

But, ultimately, I would've rather had Buckner than armstead + Jimmie ward.

It has also cost long term because we had to replace Buckner with a massive fa contract for hargrave
It allowed us to keep more than just Jimmy Ward and the loss of Buckner didn't effect the teams path in any significant way.

That was the same yr we extended Kittle, long term we would have potentially had issues, it's tough, this is a business first & foremost but you want to keep your homegrown talent, so it hurt when Buck got traded, I think it played out ok, Kinlaw ended being a bust, but the pick we got for the 1st to move down 1 spot helped get us to pick Aiyuk, who needs to be extended, same as Brock, & Mooney, it's gonna hurt cause we'll likely lose Hufanga, Banks, Jennings, Lenoir, & maybe Dre, but I think we could pull of keeping Dre long term plus the current & future players needing new deals.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
That was the same yr we extended Kittle, long term we would have potentially had issues, it's tough, this is a business first & foremost but you want to keep your homegrown talent, so it hurt when Buck got traded, I think it played out ok, Kinlaw ended being a bust, but the pick we got for the 1st to move down 1 spot helped get us to pick Aiyuk, who needs to be extended, same as Brock, & Mooney, it's gonna hurt cause we'll likely lose Hufanga, Banks, Jennings, Lenoir, & maybe Dre, but I think we could pull of keeping Dre long term plus the current & future players needing new deals.

I don't mind losing Banks bc every guard we put by Williams performs well. Lenoir is the player we need to extend Bigtime. Plays so well, especially in the playoffs. I hope our FO sees this bc we will be playing against great qbs in the playoffs and SB
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by Montana:
I need that BA extension

I'm expecting a trade any day now.

oh really! well don`t hold your breath while expecting

K
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
This FO plays very nice with players, I think many other FOs in same situation would just tag him. But this FO doesn't like disgruntled players on the team, and I understand it.

Tag him? He's on his 5th year option there's no need to tag him
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Heroism:

Yah I don't buy that, thanks for the tweet though.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Aiyuks response says you are correct
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

What was his response?
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
What was his response?

He posted some emojis on instagram that signed 'money talks b******t walks'
[ Edited by SmokeyJoe on Mar 25, 2024 at 11:20 AM ]

All Aiyuk said was money talks BS walks which is what most players say when its contract time

Makes us no matter as we can control his rights here for three years and $70M. That's the way the draft works under the current CBA. That's our leverage and we ain't relinquishing it unless we get a kings ransom and that's unlikely because despite Aiyuk being easily a top five WR he still ain't prime Calvin Johnson
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
All Aiyuk said was money talks BS walks which is what most players say when its contract time

Makes us no matter as we can control his rights here for three years and $70M. That's the way the draft works under the current CBA. That's our leverage and we ain't relinquishing it unless we get a kings ransom and that's unlikely because despite Aiyuk being easily a top five WR he still ain't prime Calvin Johnson

Easily a top 5 receiver? That's certainly a claim.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

What was his response?

Aiyuks behavior is getting a little concerning. Just handle yourself with some class dude. Not a fan of the douchey social media based negotiation approach.
Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:
Aiyuks behavior is getting a little concerning. Just handle yourself with some class dude. Not a fan of the douchey social media based negotiation approach.

Meh we're all fine with Deebo now right? Aiyuk luke warm compared to what Deebo put us through. Time heals. He'll get extended and we'll all have a laugh about it after we win the NFCCG
[ Edited by Silky on Mar 25, 2024 at 11:33 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone