There are 263 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Silky:
Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:
Aiyuks behavior is getting a little concerning. Just handle yourself with some class dude. Not a fan of the douchey social media based negotiation approach.

Meh we're all fine with Deebo now right? Aiyuk luke warm compared to what Deebo put us through. Time heals. He'll get extended and we'll all have a laugh about it after we win the NFCCG

It just shows you how young and immature most of these guys are, but WR definitely take the top spot imo 😂
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Easily a top 5 receiver? That's certainly a claim.

All Pro so he should ask for top five pay
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Definitely agree he's going to ask for it.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by DaleGribble:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
It absolutely allowed us to keep players that we wouldn't have been able to keep otherwise.

But, ultimately, I would've rather had Buckner than armstead + Jimmie ward.

It has also cost long term because we had to replace Buckner with a massive fa contract for hargrave
It allowed us to keep more than just Jimmy Ward and the loss of Buckner didn't effect the teams path in any significant way.

That was the same yr we extended Kittle, long term we would have potentially had issues, it's tough, this is a business first & foremost but you want to keep your homegrown talent, so it hurt when Buck got traded, I think it played out ok, Kinlaw ended being a bust, but the pick we got for the 1st to move down 1 spot helped get us to pick Aiyuk, who needs to be extended, same as Brock, & Mooney, it's gonna hurt cause we'll likely lose Hufanga, Banks, Jennings, Lenoir, & maybe Dre, but I think we could pull of keeping Dre long term plus the current & future players needing new deals.
How many of those guys could we keep realistically if we trade Aiyuk?
Originally posted by elguapo:
That was the same yr we extended Kittle, long term we would have potentially had issues, it's tough, this is a business first & foremost but you want to keep your homegrown talent, so it hurt when Buck got traded, I think it played out ok, Kinlaw ended being a bust, but the pick we got for the 1st to move down 1 spot helped get us to pick Aiyuk, who needs to be extended, same as Brock, & Mooney, it's gonna hurt cause we'll likely lose Hufanga, Banks, Jennings, Lenoir, & maybe Dre, but I think we could pull of keeping Dre long term plus the current & future players needing new deals.

I don't mind losing Banks bc every guard we put by Williams performs well. Lenoir is the player we need to extend Bigtime. Plays so well, especially in the playoffs. I hope our FO sees this bc we will be playing against great qbs in the playoffs and SB
I agree Lenoir would be at the top of the priority list for me followed by Jennings and a healthy Dre.
Aiyuks behavior is getting a little concerning. Just handle yourself with some class dude. Not a fan of the douchey social media based negotiation approach.

It really is hard for some of these guys to just shut up.
[ Edited by SFrush on Mar 25, 2024 at 12:06 PM ]
  • rtj03
  • Veteran
He's acting like he's a top five wide receiver. He might not even be top 10. I understand he's a good player and someone we drafted and have grown. All that deserves credit but the way this guy is acting not sure he's worth the money he's going to try to demand.
Originally posted by rtj03:
He's acting like he's a top five wide receiver. He might not even be top 10. I understand he's a good player and someone we drafted and have grown. All that deserves credit but the way this guy is acting not sure he's worth the money he's going to try to demand.

This!
Originally posted by Oscar8325:
Originally posted by rtj03:

This!

He's 💯 a top 10 receiver and very likely a top 5. He's not acting like either, he's acting like a douche. Big difference.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran

Meh we're all fine with Deebo now right? Aiyuk luke warm compared to what Deebo put us through. Time heals. He'll get extended and we'll all have a laugh about it after we win the NFCCG

lol. Winning the NFCCG is what we aspire for now…

• titan
  • Veteran
I'm all for Aiyuk, but man he's loyalty is $$$$! I think he can get his point across with showing love for his team.

I don't mind losing Banks bc every guard we put by Williams performs well. Lenoir is the player we need to extend Bigtime. Plays so well, especially in the playoffs. I hope our FO sees this bc we will be playing against great qbs in the playoffs and SB
I agree Lenoir would be at the top of the priority list for me followed by Jennings and a healthy Dre.
If this is Feliciano's last year and we don't extend Banks, we will have a pretty big hole at guard. I don't know if we can address that in free agency as they get way overpaid for mediocre play. Maybe this is the year we draft a tackle that can play guard or replace McKivitz. Or just draft a kick ass G/C with our 1st pick

I hope we re-sign Aiyuk sooner than our SOP like we did with Bosa, Warner, Kittle, Deebo bc he needs those reps with Purdy. I want him getting at least eight targets per game like all the other top 10 receivers do

I dotn't mind losing Banks bc every guard we put by Williams performs well. Lenoir is the player we need to extend Bigtime. Plays so well, especially in the playoffs. I hope our FO sees this bc we will be playing against great qbs in the playoffs and SB
If this is Feliciano's last year and we don't extend Banks, we will have a pretty big hole at guard. I don't know if we can address that in free agency as they get way overpaid for mediocre play. Maybe this is the year we draft a tackle that can play guard or replace McKivitz. Or just draft a kick ass G/C with our 1st pick

I hope we re-sign Aiyuk sooner than our SOP like we did with Bosa, Warner, Kittle, Deebo bc he needs those reps with Purdy. I want him getting at least eight targets per game like all the other top 10 receivers do
I'm hoping they prepare for Banks likely exit next year in this year's draft.

I hope they get something done with Aiyuk sooner rather than later either way but can't see him getting anywhere near that many targets per game considering his place on the food chain.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Easily a top 5 receiver? That's certainly a claim.

Yeah let someone else pay him top 5.
Originally posted by DrEll:

lol. Winning the NFCCG is what we aspire for now…

No s**t right? You should copy and paste all the comments here claiming all were shooting for is the nfccg. Put those dudes on blast!
Share 49ersWebzone