There are 200 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Should trade him. 49ers have proven to pay the players that they want. Let him cry on the Titans or somewhere

Without him wwe wouldn't have gotten past the Lions which means no super bowl.

Went away from him in the super bowl and how did that work out for us? We need to keep all of our playmakers, if possible.

Since we have what seems to be a legit QB, I would rather invest in QB, O Line, and D line and draft those positions early. I would go skill positions like WR, RB, TE, DB, and LB in the mid rounds and sign guys that are cut and are still good or can be had at a bargain

How many 1000k yard WR's have we had since T.O. left via free agency?
Originally posted by titan:
I'm all for Aiyuk, but man he's loyalty is $$$$! I think he can get his point across with showing love for his team.

We did cut AA after all
Originally posted by dj43:
This is a nothing-burger. He will get paid just like Kittle and Deebo - later in the spring/summer. Nothing to see here. Lynch is not about to let him get away unless his agent demands some outrageous amount of guarantee.

Still won't let him go

Lynch just said what I've told you guys. He's willing to let him play out his fifth year option. Then of course we can tag him two years

That works out to 3 years and $70M. That's perfectly fine by us

Aiyuk can either

1) take the extension we offer him
2) play out the three years $70M
3) get another team to give us a kings ransom for him and then pay him the outrageous amount he's likely asking for

Theres nothing to see here
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Should trade him. 49ers have proven to pay the players that they want. Let him cry on the Titans or somewhere

Without him wwe wouldn't have gotten past the Lions which means no super bowl.

Went away from him in the super bowl and how did that work out for us? We need to keep all of our playmakers, if possible.

Since we have what seems to be a legit QB, I would rather invest in QB, O Line, and D line and draft those positions early. I would go skill positions like WR, RB, TE, DB, and LB in the mid rounds and sign guys that are cut and are still good or can be had at a bargain

How many 1000k yard WR's have we had since T.O. left via free agency?

How many elite WRs are the reason for SB winning teams? Only a handful the last 2 to 30 years or so
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
This is a nothing-burger. He will get paid just like Kittle and Deebo - later in the spring/summer. Nothing to see here. Lynch is not about to let him get away unless his agent demands some outrageous amount of guarantee.

Still won't let him go

Lynch just said what I've told you guys. He's willing to let him play out his fifth year option. Then of course we can tag him two years

Aiyuk can either

3) get another team to give us a kings ransom for him and then pay him the outrageous amount he's likely asking for

We really won't have the Cap to franchise tag him for 2 seasons without cutting good players
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Still won't let him go

Aiyuk can either

We really won't have the Cap to franchise tag him for 2 seasons without cutting good players

Agree but having that control and being able to trade him any time gives us the leverage
Lynch locked down rumors the way our guys got locked down in SB 58
The childish tweets are silly and play no part other than muddying the already muddy waters. They don't benefit him in any way. John Lynch endorses BA publicly, BA flips him the bird

BA is a good reciever, but probably not as good as Brock Shanahan made him look this year. He should get what he's worth…. I get the idea he thinks he's worth more than I think he is. Yet to be seen if the 49ers think he's as good as he thinks he is. I wouldn't pay him much more than we paid deebo…. If he wants more he should probably go somewhere else.
[ Edited by 5thSFG on Mar 25, 2024 at 4:48 PM ]
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
The childish tweets are silly and play no part other than muddying the already muddy waters. They don't benefit him in any way. John Lynch endorses BA publicly, BA flips him the bird

BA is a good reciever, but probably not as good as Brock Shanahan made him look this year. He should get what he's worth…. I get the idea he thinks he's worth more than I think he is. Yet to be seen if the 49ers think he's as good as he thinks he is. I wouldn't pay him much more than we paid deebo…. If he wants more he should probably go somewhere else.
I'd like to have him back but not at his asking price.
Originally posted by DaleGribble:

Yeah same… although I'm not sure his asking price. Fact is regardless of how good he is we don't have an offense that tends to feature a stud receiver… for that reason alone we shouldn't overpay. If he's a top five player, send him to a team that will pay him top five pay and give him top five targets.

if he'll take a contract that benefits the organization even a little bit then we should jump at the opportunity. His tweets don't indicate he'll take anything other than his "all pro" status deserves. I put all pro in quotes because I don't think he'll reach that achievement again with most other organizations

The only meaningful difference between Lynch and Aiyuk's public comments is that Lynch was asked for his. Unless he's talking actual details it's just fluff for the public, and Aiyuk's comments highlight that. They're in a negotiation.

Outside of that I agree with a lot of your thoughts in the last couple of posts.
Originally posted by DaleGribble:

Yeah same… although I'm not sure his asking price. Fact is regardless of how good he is we don't have an offense that tends to feature a stud receiver… for that reason alone we shouldn't overpay. If he's a top five player, send him to a team that will pay him top five pay and give him top five targets.

if he'll take a contract that benefits the organization even a little bit then we should jump at the opportunity. His tweets don't indicate he'll take anything other than his "all pro" status deserves. I put all pro in quotes because I don't think he'll reach that achievement again with most other organizations
Exactly even if I believed he was a top 5 WR I don't trust that he'd be used like a top 5 WR here so I don't see how you justify paying him as such.
George Kittle responded to Aiyuks cryptic emojis with a set of his own cryptic emojis. After spend 8 years in in cryptology and learning 14 different languages I was able to crack Kittles response.
🚷🤲🎒💰👽🍽️🐶
Don't Walk. Take the Bag of Money. Alienating yourself Dog.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
George Kittle responded to Aiyuks cryptic emojis with a set of his own cryptic emojis. After spend 8 years in in cryptology and learning 14 different languages I was able to crack Kittles response.
🚷🤲🎒💰👽🍽️🐶

Lol
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
🚷🤲🎒💰👽🍽️🐶

These dudes are really communicating through modern hieroglyphs. Your translation seems right, tho.
Share 49ersWebzone