There are 190 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Brucey72:
Well I have great news for you... even if they extend BA.. BA and Deebo will never have large cap hits at the same time. In fact BAs goes down this year. BA won't have a large cap hit until 2026.... when Deebo is off the books. Hell Williams, Deebo, Kittle and McCaffrey will be most likely gone in 2026

end of the SB window?

You draft and replace. Who can definitively say what will happen in 2026?

No guarantee any of this happens, if they're playing at high levels, the 49ers likely extend Deebo, CMC, & Kittle in 2025 or after the 2026 SB before their deals void.

I agree no guarantee what happens in 2026. Maybe Williams plays until he is 40, maybe McCaffrey is different than other RBs and stays dominant into his 30s, maybe Deebo doesn't hit a decline. But I think it is highly likely that not all of them are here in 2026.

I also don't think it is the end of the Super Bowl window. That is why the draft is so important. Only 8 players played in the Superbowl that was there in 2019. If Purdy is who we hope he is then the window doesn't close if they draft well. That is why it is important to keep Aiyuk bc is only 26.
end of the SB window?

The end of this window, yes, but not the end of all 49ers' windows entirely. As long as the Niners continue to draft and sign well, there will be a new window lead by guys like Brock and Aiyuk—hence why the 49ers should not let him go.
[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 29, 2024 at 3:58 PM ]
Originally posted by Zachary:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Zachary:
also saw him agree with ocho when ocho said he should get 30-32 a year lol
sooooo hard pass

He's good but he's not Tyreek Hill good. Hill got $30M/yr with $72M total guaranteed. BA may get $28M and $50M guaranteed. That would put him in the top 5.

The problem is Purdy coming up.

To me it's not a measure of who's best, it's more a measure of who's most recent. Hill got that deal a couple years back. Cap is going up. I expect JJ to get $40m aav.

exactly
I dont want us paying two WRs that kind of money

Well I have great news for you... even if they extend BA.. BA and Deebo will never have large cap hits at the same time. In fact BAs goes down this year. BA won't have a large cap hit until 2026.... when Deebo is off the books. Hell Williams, Deebo, Kittle and McCaffrey will be most likely gone in 2026

Facts. BA is the future along with Brock. Can't wait this mess is over.

I don't want to think about the Niners without CMC or Kittle..sounds like a bad dream lol
Aiyuk is under contract for 2024. I doubt he wants to sit out the season. If he plays with the intention of trying free agency in 2025 he'll want to do well. He doesn't have a lot of leverage at this point.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Aiyuk is under contract for 2024. I doubt he wants to sit out the season. If he plays with the intention of trying free agency in 2025 he'll want to do well. He doesn't have a lot of leverage at this point.

Completely agree. Would rather get this done though so we can have a legitimate shot at getting Simmons. I think we'll also see the best version of Deebo as well because he'll know this is probably his last year with us.
So correct me here. Average top wr annual $ is $24m? So offer 5 year 25 mill. Is that being unreasonable?
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
So correct me here. Average top wr annual $ is $24m? So offer 5 year 25 mill. Is that being unreasonable?

Only gtd money matters. The annual amount can be all fluff.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

I'd go 4 year 112. Puts him at #3 as we currently sit.
I hope if Ayuik is being unreasonable we trade him for a high number 1. Draft one of the top tackles and then trade draft picks to move up with our original 31 and grab his replacement. We need to fix our line and develop to protect Brock. It may cost us this year but the future maybe better with developing players.

If Ayuik is just asking his worth around 25 to 26 K then sign him.
Originally posted by bassmanr:
I hope if Ayuik is being unreasonable we trade him for a high number 1. Draft one of the top tackles and then trade draft picks to move up with our original 31 and grab his replacement. We need to fix our line and develop to protect Brock. It may cost us this year but the future maybe better with developing players.

That's where I am at. I have #26 Million as the cutoff. That's more than reasonable. That's like #3 Million per year more than Deebo.

2 years ago, AJ Brown was traded for #18 and ended up signing for 4 years $100M (realistically 3 years $69M). The salary cap is +22% since then. $26M would be low vs. Brown depending on how it's structured considering the move in the salary cap.

We may be able to get a mid-late first round pick at best for him. Brown was a year younger and only paid $4M in his last season (4th year). Aiyuk is getting $14M (5th year option). Aiyuk may be slightly better (debatable - Aiyuk's stats probably don't jump as much outside of San Fransisco as Brown's did outside Tennessee, but he's a good blocker). Brown $10M cheaper seems like a better value so we may be looking at late first/early 2nd for him (better return than DeAndre Hopkins).

I'd be fine paying Aiyuk $28M-$29M/year if it comes with an out later in the contract similar to Brown's (3 years $81M would be comparable).
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Why don't we hear the media talk about Cee Dee Lamb and Jefferson needing to be paid? They are in the same situation going into year 5.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:

2 years ago, AJ Brown was traded for #18 and ended up signing for 4 years $100M (realistically 3 years $69M). The salary cap is +22% since then. $26M would be low vs. Brown depending on how it's structured considering the move in the salary cap.

We may be able to get a mid-late first round pick at best for him. Brown was a year younger and only paid $4M in his last season (4th year). Aiyuk is getting $14M (5th year option). Aiyuk may be slightly better (debatable - Aiyuk's stats probably don't jump as much outside of San Fransisco as Brown's did outside Tennessee, but he's a good blocker). Brown $10M cheaper seems like a better value so we may be looking at late first/early 2nd for him (better return than DeAndre Hopkins).

I'd be fine paying Aiyuk $28M-$29M/year if it comes with an out later in the contract similar to Brown's (3 years $81M would be comparable).

That sounds about right as long as it's for 5 years with an out. Still would factor as 26 mil in reality. I wish there was a way to get higher than a mid first but that's where our max trade value will land. If there are good tackles at the slot where the niners land that would work out. We would have to give up draft capital to select his replacement in the first round. May hurt us in 2024 but with the line not fixed 2024 would probably not end well. We would probably be better off for the future.
[ Edited by bassmanr on Mar 31, 2024 at 9:53 AM ]
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

end of the SB window?

You draft and replace. Who can definitively say what will happen in 2026?

No guarantee any of this happens, if they're playing at high levels, the 49ers likely extend Deebo, CMC, & Kittle in 2025 or after the 2026 SB before their deals void.

Just saying with quality drafts, the team will be prepared. I'd be stunned, but happy if all 3 are here after 2026. It would mean exactly what you said, they are playing at high levels, are also relatively healthy AND we have won at least 1 Super Bowl.
Originally posted by pd24:
Why don't we hear the media talk about Cee Dee Lamb and Jefferson needing to be paid? They are in the same situation going into year 5.

Because no one assumes they're tradable.

IMO BA is Davante Adams 2.0 in an offense based around him.

why would anyone trade that away, unless it's for a godfather like offer?
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 31, 2024 at 12:26 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone