There are 242 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If they don't trade him for a 1st round pick (and something more) before or during the draft they'll give him the extension in august and next year they'll get rid of Deebo with a post june-1 designation.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Brucey72:
Well I have great news for you... even if they extend BA.. BA and Deebo will never have large cap hits at the same time. In fact BAs goes down this year. BA won't have a large cap hit until 2026.... when Deebo is off the books. Hell Williams, Deebo, Kittle and McCaffrey will be most likely gone in 2026

end of the SB window?

You draft and replace. Who can definitively say what will happen in 2026?

No guarantee any of this happens, if they're playing at high levels, the 49ers likely extend Deebo, CMC, & Kittle in 2025 or after the 2026 SB before their deals void.

Just saying with quality drafts, the team will be prepared. I'd be stunned, but happy if all 3 are here after 2026. It would mean exactly what you said, they are playing at high levels, are also relatively healthy AND we have won at least 1 Super Bowl.

I highly doubt Deebo will still be here after 2025. Kittle should remain, and unless he has a crazy season next year it won't break the bank. He has 20 mil cap hit in 2025 so an extension will definitely lower that #. Hopefully it will be something like a 3 year 40 mil (30 mil guaranteed) type of deal.

CMC is interesting since he's starting to get up there in age. I hope we can keep him for longer, but we need to rely less on him.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Well I have great news for you... even if they extend BA.. BA and Deebo will never have large cap hits at the same time. In fact BAs goes down this year. BA won't have a large cap hit until 2026.... when Deebo is off the books. Hell Williams, Deebo, Kittle and McCaffrey will be most likely gone in 2026

end of the SB window?

No guarantee any of this happens, if they're playing at high levels, the 49ers likely extend Deebo, CMC, & Kittle in 2025 or after the 2026 SB before their deals void.

Just saying with quality drafts, the team will be prepared. I'd be stunned, but happy if all 3 are here after 2026. It would mean exactly what you said, they are playing at high levels, are also relatively healthy AND we have won at least 1 Super Bowl.

I highly doubt Deebo will still be here after 2025. Kittle should remain, and unless he has a crazy season next year it won't break the bank. He has 20 mil cap hit in 2025 so an extension will definitely lower that #. Hopefully it will be something like a 3 year 40 mil (30 mil guaranteed) type of deal.

CMC is interesting since he's starting to get up there in age. I hope we can keep him for longer, but we need to rely less on him.

I think more catches and less runs wil do it with both guys. I agree on Deebo however. Just keep a group of guys that can fill that no..2 and 3 role on rookie deals.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Mar 31, 2024 at 5:18 PM ]
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

end of the SB window?

I think more catches and less runs wil do it with both guys. I agree on Deebo however. Just keep a group of guys that can fill that no..2 and 3 role on rookie deals.

Who takes Deebo's spot? I just don't see him being cut or traded next year or ever, and the 49ers won't pay 3 WRs $15M+ a year, yes Jauan is gonna get $15M a year on the open market, if someone like Ridley can get $92M over 4yrs, then Jauan can get something like $15M a year, plus the team has way too many UFAs next year that they simply can't afford.

Off the top of my head.

WR Jauan Jennings
LG Aaron Banks
CB Deommodore Lenoir
SS Talanoa Hufanga

I still fully believe they'll extend Mooney before his deal voids in February of 2025, they can't let him walk, nor let him test FA with a $12M+ dead money hit for 2025. I can see them extending Dre, but he needs to come back strong.

As for the 4 I mentioned, the 49ers as I said won't be able to pay 3 WRs, they won't give Banks $10M+ a yr, he'd need to take far less, I love Banks, but I'm not giving any Guard more than $10M a yr, I would, 49ers won't, Lenoir won't be back, he's gonna play his way out of our range money wise, and Hufanga with the ACL, they likely won't pay a Safety top tier money, that's why don't see Justin Simmons or Julian Blackmon coming here, not on multi-year deals.
After Armstead's departure, none of those guys are safe moving forward. A lot of people said moving on from AA made no sense financially, or that his replacement wasn't on the team.

Lynch said the team wanted to focus on durability and availability moving forward. Deebo can't stay healthy; Kittle is already getting old and always banged up. I hope Shanny starts taking some of the load off CMC because he's only going to breakdown fast at his current workload.

I expect this team to look drastically different by 2026. The core into the next 5 years to be led by Brock, Aiyuk, Fred and Bosa with hopefully some new faces from the draft becoming fixtures.
[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 31, 2024 at 7:41 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
After Armstead's departure, none of those guys are safe moving forward. A lot of people said moving on from AA made no sense financially, or that his replacement wasn't on the team.

Lynch said the team wanted to focus on durability and availability moving forward. Deebo can't stay healthy; Kittle is already getting old and always banged up. I hope Shanny starts taking some of the load off CMC because he's only going to breakdown fast at his current workload.

I expect this team to look drastically different by 2026. The core into the next 5 years to be led by Brock, Aiyuk, Fred and Bosa with hopefully some new faces from the draft becoming fixtures.

Somewhere in there you spelled Hufanga wrong
So when's the "we traded Yuk for a 5th" post start today?
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

Rather that than a 3rd lol. Sure miss the April 1st headlines.
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

Rather that than a 3rd lol. Sure miss the April 1st headlines.

Thought I read one yesterday when the article mentioned the chiefs as a potential landing spot. Yeah, let's get them better....

Originally posted by JimA49ers:
Thought I read one yesterday when the article mentioned the chiefs as a potential landing spot. Yeah, let's get them better....

Zero chance that happens.
Who takes Deebo's spot? I just don't see him being cut or traded next year or ever, and the 49ers won't pay 3 WRs $15M+ a year, yes Jauan is gonna get $15M a year on the open market, if someone like Ridley can get $92M over 4yrs, then Jauan can get something like $15M a year, plus the team has way too many UFAs next year that they simply can't afford.

Off the top of my head.

WR Jauan Jennings
LG Aaron Banks
CB Deommodore Lenoir
SS Talanoa Hufanga

I still fully believe they'll extend Mooney before his deal voids in February of 2025, they can't let him walk, nor let him test FA with a $12M+ dead money hit for 2025. I can see them extending Dre, but he needs to come back strong.

As for the 4 I mentioned, the 49ers as I said won't be able to pay 3 WRs, they won't give Banks $10M+ a yr, he'd need to take far less, I love Banks, but I'm not giving any Guard more than $10M a yr, I would, 49ers won't, Lenoir won't be back, he's gonna play his way out of our range money wise, and Hufanga with the ACL, they likely won't pay a Safety top tier money, that's why don't see Justin Simmons or Julian Blackmon coming here, not on multi-year deals.

There is zero chance Jauan gets $15M on the open market. I respect you as a poster, but you have lost your mind on this one.
Originally posted by pd24:
Why don't we hear the media talk about Cee Dee Lamb and Jefferson needing to be paid? They are in the same situation going into year 5.

And always talked about as being superstars....definitely more than Aiyuk.

WTF????
Uh-oh I smell a trade to Buffalo coming
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Off the top of my head.

WR Jauan Jennings
LG Aaron Banks
CB Deommodore Lenoir
SS Talanoa Hufanga

There is zero chance Jauan gets $15M on the open market. I respect you as a poster, but you have lost your mind on this one.

Agreed, Calvin Ridley is a far superior player than JJ.
Share 49ersWebzone