There are 289 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by krizay:
Uh-oh I smell a trade to Buffalo coming

Steelers can now trade pick number 28 for Aiyuk right?

I wouldn't be mad at it TBH.

He plays great but he is not bigger than the team. Twitter finger drama is for the birds.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

He plays great but he is not bigger than the team. Twitter finger drama is for the birds.

I think part of the calculation for BUF is Diggs has a big cap hit and they are paying Allen. So they probably try and do like KC and put varied receivers around Allen none costing a ton of cash.

Lol! It's been quiet here for the last week. Don't start this again or people will lose their s**t lol!

lol I said the same thing in the NFL breaking news thread.
Dalton Kincaid, that 2nd and another pick for Aiyuk.
[ Edited by MucketyMuck on Apr 3, 2024 at 10:28 AM ]
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Who takes Deebo's spot? I just don't see him being cut or traded next year or ever, and the 49ers won't pay 3 WRs $15M+ a year, yes Jauan is gonna get $15M a year on the open market, if someone like Ridley can get $92M over 4yrs, then Jauan can get something like $15M a year, plus the team has way too many UFAs next year that they simply can't afford.

Off the top of my head.

WR Jauan Jennings
LG Aaron Banks
CB Deommodore Lenoir
SS Talanoa Hufanga

I still fully believe they'll extend Mooney before his deal voids in February of 2025, they can't let him walk, nor let him test FA with a $12M+ dead money hit for 2025. I can see them extending Dre, but he needs to come back strong.

As for the 4 I mentioned, the 49ers as I said won't be able to pay 3 WRs, they won't give Banks $10M+ a yr, he'd need to take far less, I love Banks, but I'm not giving any Guard more than $10M a yr, I would, 49ers won't, Lenoir won't be back, he's gonna play his way out of our range money wise, and Hufanga with the ACL, they likely won't pay a Safety top tier money, that's why don't see Justin Simmons or Julian Blackmon coming here, not on multi-year deals.

There is zero chance Jauan gets $15M on the open market. I respect you as a poster, but you have lost your mind on this one.

Agreed, Calvin Ridley is a far superior player than JJ.

Far superior? Eh. But even if you are right, he got $23m a year. Jeudy, f**king Jerry Jeudy got 3yrs $52m with $41m in guarantees.

Is Jennings a #1? No. #2? Possibly. He can be a #2 WR on a team like the Chiefs or the Ravens where the #2 WR is the 3rd or 4th option in the offense.

But 3rd or 4th option is where he fits perfectly. Maybe 2nd option if the #1 is absurd, like Miami with their running game and Hill.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Who takes Deebo's spot? I just don't see him being cut or traded next year or ever, and the 49ers won't pay 3 WRs $15M+ a year, yes Jauan is gonna get $15M a year on the open market, if someone like Ridley can get $92M over 4yrs, then Jauan can get something like $15M a year, plus the team has way too many UFAs next year that they simply can't afford.

Off the top of my head.

WR Jauan Jennings
LG Aaron Banks
CB Deommodore Lenoir
SS Talanoa Hufanga

I still fully believe they'll extend Mooney before his deal voids in February of 2025, they can't let him walk, nor let him test FA with a $12M+ dead money hit for 2025. I can see them extending Dre, but he needs to come back strong.

As for the 4 I mentioned, the 49ers as I said won't be able to pay 3 WRs, they won't give Banks $10M+ a yr, he'd need to take far less, I love Banks, but I'm not giving any Guard more than $10M a yr, I would, 49ers won't, Lenoir won't be back, he's gonna play his way out of our range money wise, and Hufanga with the ACL, they likely won't pay a Safety top tier money, that's why don't see Justin Simmons or Julian Blackmon coming here, not on multi-year deals.

There is zero chance Jauan gets $15M on the open market. I respect you as a poster, but you have lost your mind on this one.

Agreed, Calvin Ridley is a far superior player than JJ.

Far superior? Eh. But even if you are right, he got $23m a year. Jeudy, f**king Jerry Jeudy got 3yrs $52m with $41m in guarantees.

Is Jennings a #1? No. #2? Possibly. He can be a #2 WR on a team like the Chiefs or the Ravens where the #2 WR is the 3rd or 4th option in the offense.

But 3rd or 4th option is where he fits perfectly. Maybe 2nd option if the #1 is absurd, like Miami with their running game and Hill.

So basically what you are saying is $15m/yr for Jennings is ridiculous.

Welcome to modern day negotiations.
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
Dalton Kincaid, that 2nd and another pick for Aiyuk.

No way they do that
imagine the numbers BA could put up in Buffalo with Josh Allen.

Originally posted by Heroism:

Not sure why they would bail on Diggs then trade in and pay BA. My thoughts are elite TEs cost less than elite WRs. KC has the elite TE model and won the SB. BUF drafted Kincaid last year in round 1. You got the superstar QB, he makes bank, you gotta save somewhere. Teams are asking that elite QB to carry the O. Now in HOU, with a rook QB contract, you can trade in the big salary.

I mean, it can't be much better than Diggs put up. Especially considering they now will have more weapons and stressing running the ball more.

Throw in that Aiyuk's best attribute is route running. Josh Allen isn't exactly one for getting the ball out on time. So I don't think BA will mesh with Josh like he did with Brock. That said, I don't think BA's numbers will be dramatically better.

I mean, it can't be much better than Diggs put up. Especially considering they now will have more weapons and stressing running the ball more.

Throw in that Aiyuk's best attribute is route running. Josh Allen isn't exactly one for getting the ball out on time. So I don't think BA will mesh with Josh like he did with Brock. That said, I don't think BA's numbers will be dramatically better.

He'd get more targets there for damn sure
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Not sure why they would bail on Diggs then trade in and pay BA. My thoughts are elite TEs cost less than elite WRs. KC has the elite TE model and won the SB. BUF drafted Kincaid last year in round 1. You got the superstar QB, he makes bank, you gotta save somewhere. Teams are asking that elite QB to carry the O. Now in HOU, with a rook QB contract, you can trade in the big salary.
Diggs is leaving his prime. Smart move. I would trade BA is he was turning 31 next season.
whoops dbl post
[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 3, 2024 at 11:12 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone