There are 249 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Also people out here acting like BA can't have amazing stats under this offense 😂 like Kyle never gave guys like Andre Johnson/Pierre Garçon/Julio Jones career years.

Kittle and Deebo ain't here for the long haul. BA is and should be paid accordingly. Go draft another WR (or two) to groom as that WR2 guy.

Yeah that stuff is stupid, dude was crazy efficient. He gets way less targets than the other "star" WRs
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Also people out here acting like BA can't have amazing stats under this offense 😂 like Kyle never gave guys like Andre Johnson/Pierre Garçon/Julio Jones career years.

Kittle and Deebo ain't here for the long haul. BA is and should be paid accordingly. Go draft another WR (or two) to groom as that WR2 guy.

Yeah that stuff is stupid, dude was crazy efficient. He gets way less targets than the other "star" WRs

My biggest issue with Aiyuk is disappearing for big games. He did almost nothing in the playoffs this year or years past.

Edit: I gotta give him credit for that catch against Detroit this year. I dont want to take that from him but the playoff stats speak for themselves.
[ Edited by walker807 on Apr 4, 2024 at 10:48 AM ]
Originally posted by walker807:
My biggest issue with Aiyuk is disappearing for big games. He did almost nothing in the playoffs this year or years past.

Edit: I gotta give him credit for that catch against Detroit this year. I dont want to take that from him but the playoff stats speak for themselves.

He was open all 2021 NFC championship. Can't do much about not getting the ball.

Even in this years SB there were plays where he was open and the throws were affected by rush or just missed.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Apr 4, 2024 at 10:50 AM ]
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by walker807:

He was open all 2021 NFC championship. Can't do much about not getting the ball.

Even in this years SB there were plays where he was open and the throws were affected by rush or just missed.

Yeah people gotta watch the all-22, not look at stats. Dude makes s**t happen when he gets the ball thrown his way.
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Bro had 1,400 yards this yr lol. People acting like that's nothing. Kyle's offense thrives when it has a true X guy. Those dudes get massive stats.
Pay the man
Originally posted by lamontb:
Pay the man

It won't happen until after June 1st, once some of AA's money is off the books. So most likely this will drag out into TC. I wouldn't expect a deal to get done before Aug 1
[ Edited by GoreGoreGore on Apr 4, 2024 at 8:39 PM ]
I'm just hoping we make it through the draft without BA being traded. He's a Niner after that IMO.
Why in the world would SF want to let him play out his 5th yr deal? They never do that s**t and it doesn't help them financially at all. I think the reports on that are silly
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Why in the world would SF want to let him play out his 5th yr deal? They never do that s**t and it doesn't help them financially at all. I think the reports on that are silly

They don't. But they want Aiyuk to know that the Niners control his football life for the next three years. No amount to subtweets or veiled threats changes that. And the combo of those years is the max gtd dollars he will see in an extension. BA can't hold out. He can't skip training camp. Requesting a trade does nothing. This isn't the NBA. His only play is to play and hope they choose not to franchise him next year.

Originally posted by okdkid:

They don't. But they want Aiyuk to know that the Niners control his football life for the next three years. No amount to subtweets or veiled threats changes that. And the combo of those years is the max gtd dollars he will see in an extension. BA can't hold out. He can't skip training camp. Requesting a trade does nothing. This isn't the NBA. His only play is to play and hope they choose not to franchise him next year.

I agree with you. Dude just needs to look at how SF operates. Bosa/kittle/deebo/fred all extended in the summer. I don't believe any of them were playing on the 4th yr of their deal/5th yr option either.

empty threats from BA's side because that's all they can do…SF doesn't want him to play on his 5th yr option either. Something should get done before TC.
Gonna have to show Momma Aiyuk the money. She sure will take a page from momma Bosa.
Originally posted by okdkid:

He can skip training camp just like Bosa did. The 49ers can forgive the fines on a rookie deal, vets are hosed though. So I do not expect Aiyuk at training camp without a deal.
Not sure the 49ers would wave the fines, just telling you it could play out the same. Bosa wasn't fined.
Not paying BA is dumb. But then again this team loves to do dumb s**t.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Heroism:
imagine the numbers BA could put up in Buffalo with Josh Allen.

Not sure why they would bail on Diggs then trade in and pay BA. My thoughts are elite TEs cost less than elite WRs. KC has the elite TE model and won the SB. BUF drafted Kincaid last year in round 1. You got the superstar QB, he makes bank, you gotta save somewhere. Teams are asking that elite QB to carry the O. Now in HOU, with a rook QB contract, you can trade in the big salary.

KC has the elite HOF player model. No only Mahommes and Brady have been able to win at this level with the offense going through the TE.
Share 49ersWebzone