There are 223 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Deebo and Nick all over again.
Honestly, do players still think the whole unfollow thing makes a slight difference?

Maybe it slightly hurts the social media managers feelings, but nobody who matters will actually care.
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
Honestly, do players still think the whole unfollow thing makes a slight difference?

Maybe it slightly hurts the social media managers feelings, but nobody who matters will actually care.

Fans care. Presumably the idea would be to draw attention and apply pressure anywhere possible.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by okdkid:
And BA has finally used up his last card. He's back to hoping for the best like the rest of us.

The draft will come. He won't get traded. The draft will go. And then he will realize he only has one dance partner and he's gotta make it work.

I'll be holding my breath during the draft cause I want him here but I was 100% sure we weren't trading Deebo. I'm 50/50 with Yuk

I don't see them dealing BA at all, Deebo did this, I think like how Trent helped the 49ers keep Deebo, Deebo will get BA to stay with the 49ers, Deebo was upset at the low ball offers, it was Trent who got Deebo to realize he needed to stick with the 49ers, Deebo even said Trent was the reason he was still a 49er in 2022, idk how it all went down, but Trent must have a lot of influence, plus he & Deebo are tight, like Deebo & BA are.

I just think a few reasons a Aiyuk deal is more possible than Deebo.

1. This team values Deebo higher than any other team. With Kyle he's an A+ offensive weapon. Other teams he's not that high.
2. Aiyuk is a A level receiver to every team regardless of scheme cause he's a more traditional receiver.
3. Due to those two things the compensation will be better for Aiyuk than it ever was with Deebo.
4. It is easier to find a traditional receiver to replace Aiyuk than it would be to find a chess piece like Deebo.
5. Aiyuk may be far more difficult to negotiate with than Deebo as his frustration has been prevalent for a couple years.

All that said I hope Yuk stays with the 49ers for a long time I'm just way more nervous about a trade than I was with Deebo.
The entire galaxy knows that the 49ers do business until training camp but these stupid players still want to get paid in april before the draft.

I know Deebo is a jerk but I thought that BA was better than this.
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
The entire galaxy knows that the 49ers do business until training camp but these stupid players still want to get paid in april before the draft.

They do this because it's all they can do and that's how he's being advised by his agent.

In the slim chance the Niners have zero intentions of upping their offer, maybe they trade him during the draft if he shows displeasure etc. Once the draft is over he basically has 0.01% leverage. I mean he really has no leverage at all.
Originally posted by Monsterniner:

Aiyuk is probably pissed, especially after the rumor of him being upset by the 49ers refusal to entertain a new deal last offseason, but it's his own fault for not grasping what you said about how the 49ers do business.
Really hope we keep him, he's an awesome all around player for us. If we do trade him, which I prefer we don't, I hope we get a haul. Replacing him won't be easy.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Fans care. Presumably the idea would be to draw attention and apply pressure anywhere possible.

I said "anyone who matters"

This. It's so childish and makes the players look stupid.

And Deebo did the samething around the exact sametime. A couple weeks before the draft. The players and their agents know that once the draft is over they lose all leverage. And it seems to just be Receivers that pull this stunt. We didn't get this from Kittle, Warner, and Bosa.
why are football players so f**king lame now?

this is emo, passive aggressive, female behavior
It's funny to read other fans bases talk about another players worth…every fan wants him and are willing to give him a monster deal BUT a 1st lol? No way he's worth that derp. That's what it will cost to get a really good young WR.

people are dumb
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 13, 2024 at 5:53 AM ]
Originally posted by DoseOfBosa:
why are football players so f**king lame now?

this is emo, passive aggressive, female behavior

Agreed.

Why do fans think it makes a difference either? These guys are just trying to get paid what they're worth. Strap in fellas this is going into Training camp
Share 49ersWebzone