There are 225 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
Honestly, do players still think the whole unfollow thing makes a slight difference?

Maybe it slightly hurts the social media managers feelings, but nobody who matters will actually care.

Why do fans think it makes a difference either? These guys are just trying to get paid what they're worth. Strap in fellas this is going into Training camp

Right? Who cares…let the man do whatever he can to get paid. We all know this shtick at this point, no sense getting all butt hurt about it
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
John Lynch's best man at his wedding was BA's agent.

Don't over think this. It'll get done.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Can we trade him to the Eagles for AJ Brown straight up ?
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DrEll:

Well the thing is, Niners don't like complete f**king headaches on their team. So probably not.
step 1. lowball and piss off BA
step 2. at the last minute before week 1 pay biggest WR contract in the NFL
step 3. have BA show up week 1 in bad NFL form
step 4. upper management can now enjoy the excuse created for poor offense performance for the first few weeks of 2024 season!
Anyone not a 49er fan who hasn't dealt with literally all of their high priced extensions

Rather have BA, younger I believe, and just as good as AJ, and like others said AJ he is a headcase, so no thanks.
Originally posted by picklejuice:
step 4. upper management can now enjoy the excuse created for poor offense performance for the first few weeks of 2024 season!

It goes both ways though, yes the 49ers low ball their players when it's time for extensions, they did with Kittle, Warner, Deebo, & Bosa, but also the players need to have some sense of urgency to get a deal done, and not act petty, I'm all for the players & their agents getting them every dollar they deserve, but when it comes time for the preseason, BA needs to be signed/extended, idk what happened with Bosa & Deebo, other than Deebo wanted a trade at first, then Trent got him to stay since they're tight, so I'm hoping Deebo does the same with BA, since those two seem tight as well. The Bosa thing confused me, idk if they didn't want to pay him the $34M a yr, or give him all that GTD money, or what it was, plus never believe everything you read from the so called experts or insiders, they're either hearing right or wrong stuff, or being given false info, like how every media member nationally said it was Mac Jones to 49ers at #3 as a LOCK.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran

BA wants to get paid late, not early. It's BA who will hit pause. Niners get no benefit from waiting, BA gets all the benefit.

Originally posted by okdkid:

BA wants to get paid late, not early. It's BA who will hit pause. Niners get no benefit from waiting, BA gets all the benefit.

BA might be waiting on Justin Jefferson, & CeeDee Lamb, as both are extension eligible on their 5th yr options, but neither are close to deals with their teams, Idk how anyone can justify paying a WR, even as good as Jefferson, $35M a year, if that's what he wants.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
BA might be waiting on Justin Jefferson, & CeeDee Lamb, as both are extension eligible on their 5th yr options, but neither are close to deals with their teams, Idk how anyone can justify paying a WR, even as good as Jefferson, $35M a year, if that's what he wants.

They'd better be either Jerry Rice or Sterling Sharpe in their primes
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Apr 13, 2024 at 12:24 PM ]

If we're being idiots, sure
Yawn…

Everyone who wants to overreact continue to do so. I'm perfectly chill over here knowing either we sign the kid to an extension or get a trade too good to pass up and use those picks to try and replace him via an excellent WR draft class and improve the rest of the team as well.

Either way the 49ers are good. I'm confident a deal gets done because no team is going to give us enough trade value to move him imo.
Originally posted by genus49:
Yawn…

Everyone who wants to overreact continue to do so. I'm perfectly chill over here knowing either we sign the kid to an extension or get a trade too good to pass up and use those picks to try and replace him via an excellent WR draft class and improve the rest of the team as well.

Either way the 49ers are good. I'm confident a deal gets done because no team is going to give us enough trade value to move him imo.

This. I just hope we keep him even if it's for 25-26 mil per year. He is the future and Purdys security. They will only get better together. If we lose Aiyuk, our offense goes from top 3 down to top 5-8 range bc Deebo and Kittle always miss games. Aiyuk is elite as a run blocker and is almost always healthy.
Share 49ersWebzone