There are 249 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by genus49:
Yawn…

Everyone who wants to overreact continue to do so. I'm perfectly chill over here knowing either we sign the kid to an extension or get a trade too good to pass up and use those picks to try and replace him via an excellent WR draft class and improve the rest of the team as well.

Either way the 49ers are good. I'm confident a deal gets done because no team is going to give us enough trade value to move him imo.

This. I just hope we keep him even if it's for 25-26 mil per year. He is the future and Purdys security. They will only get better together. If we lose Aiyuk, our offense goes from top 3 down to top 5-8 range bc Deebo and Kittle always miss games. Aiyuk is elite as a run blocker and is almost always healthy.

Both these
Originally posted by picklejuice:
step 1. lowball and piss off BA
step 2. at the last minute before week 1 pay biggest WR contract in the NFL
step 3. have BA show up week 1 in bad NFL form
step 4. upper management can now enjoy the excuse created for poor offense performance for the first few weeks of 2024 season!

I would understand if you just started following pro sports recently, but FYI it's very rare the FO wants to delay. It's the player that usually does and their agent. The team rather have the player practicing with the team and not sitting out the whole offseason.
[ Edited by GoreGoreGore on Apr 13, 2024 at 7:01 PM ]
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by genus49:
Yawn…

Everyone who wants to overreact continue to do so. I'm perfectly chill over here knowing either we sign the kid to an extension or get a trade too good to pass up and use those picks to try and replace him via an excellent WR draft class and improve the rest of the team as well.

Either way the 49ers are good. I'm confident a deal gets done because no team is going to give us enough trade value to move him imo.

This. I just hope we keep him even if it's for 25-26 mil per year. He is the future and Purdys security. They will only get better together. If we lose Aiyuk, our offense goes from top 3 down to top 5-8 range bc Deebo and Kittle always miss games. Aiyuk is elite as a run blocker and is almost always healthy.

Yeah my preference is to keep him. Sure things in the NFL are a rarity and while I love the draft we need sure things when we can get them.

I love what BA has become and I think he'll only get better with Purdy and if we start to feature him more. This is a great WR class but with any rookies there are growing pains and uncertainty.

Pay the man and try to nail our other picks. Deebo likely gets moved next season.
Did I miss another trade rumor linking the Steelers to Aiyuk? Steelers' fans seem to think something is about to happen.

nm I think I found the source of the buzz

[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 13, 2024 at 7:32 PM ]
He gone
lol @ Steelers fans thinking that they'd get Aiyuk for a 2025 2nd or a 1st-round swap.
I love Aiyuk and want him here, but if PIT does finally agree to give us #20 (no swap), that's hard to turn down. The draft is loaded with WR talent.
  • 91til
  • Veteran
don't understand why albright just posted a text exchange that happened a month ago,, but okay
Originally posted by sspiker:
I love Aiyuk and want him here, but if PIT does finally agree to give us #20 (no swap), that's hard to turn down. The draft is loaded with WR talent.

Lol
I'll take the whole lotta bacon burger

12 more days of this
I'd be extremely surprised if he is traded and if he is it better be for a kings ransom.
Aiyuk is All Pro and we have accounted for his extension this year while he is still under contract under a cheap 5th year option. There is NO rookie WR that makes us better THIS year as we seek another Super Bowl run aside from MH2. If we ain't getting him or an equivalent rookie we ain't trading Aiyuk whom we have control of and who we have planned for
Originally posted by sspiker:

f**k that. All-pro WR who's young. I don't want what if WRs on a Super Bowl or bust team. Even BA a 1st rounder himself took a little time to be successful on this team.

this s**t is backwards…Pitt is the team that should be building through the draft, they aren't winning s**t right now.

folks act like we got some young elite receiver group….we got two often injured guys who have one year left on their deal AND BA. Moving that for a late 1st is dumb as s**t
Share 49ersWebzone