There are 228 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Extending contracts a year early is almost like a status symbol for athletes. It's like the salary race to see who can get paid more than the other guy. It seems like they measure their importance by how much they make as much or more than how well they actually play. Remember when all athletes went to the combine. Then a couple decided to have their own private workouts. Now several just do their "pro days". It's like they're saying they're special. It's a copy cat league in every aspect.

It is almost as if art was matching life.
😆 "my sources"

[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 14, 2024 at 9:37 AM ]
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Originally posted by Heroism:
I requested a million dollar salary from my boss. (he told me to eat s**t)

Yeah, but did you unfollow him?

Lol
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I mean I don't think you can expect anything more than that…the other team has to throw down a bunch of cash on top of it. The AJ Brown trade is the blueprint, if that's what everyone wants to do.

I agree I don't want to move him. IMO he's Davante Adams 2.0. He just needs similar targets to get the same recognition. Move SF fans should realize this is how it rolls at this point lol. Don't be shocked if we see "Brandon requests a trade" next week

Not that I think this guy has sources

Nope apparently he doesn't 😝

Shocker
This sounds like Deebo part 2.

Sounds like the social media fake "insiders" with "sources" and "I believe" are using this to dial up reactions and followers.

dude doubled down haha

This guy who I thought has some sort of insight has taken so many Ls this offseason

This guy who I thought has some sort of insight has taken so many Ls this offseason

I muted him a long time ago. He has no sources and just reposts stories or posts click bait

It's following it pretty closely.

Why not just go the Bosa route? It obviously worked w/the contract he got and he didn't play all these girly drama games.

Dude the fact Aiyuk agent blew that up and then that dumbass tried to act like it wasn't bs is insane. For b******t like that people should get banned.
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:
It's following it pretty closely.

Why not just go the Bosa route? It obviously worked w/the contract he got and he didn't play all these girly drama games.

Bosa has a family with NFL experience advising him, whereas BA has people who probably don't understand the nuances of contract negotiations in his inner circle.

That means Aiyuk stays. No way we trade him for any package that doesn't include a 1st round pick This year. After the first round, the subject is dead. They'll cut a deal, as the leverage is all with the team. We've got him way below value at $14m this year, and wouldn't be overpaying him a dime for the next two franchise years, all the while he's at risk of injury and no future income. That will not happen. Aiyuk will have to cut a deal, we'll be fair, and he ain't gettin no $30-$32m as he said he's worth, and we probably won't press charges for overstating his value.

Ok the key phrase here is "working on extension talks AFTER the #NFL draft".

This pretty much tells us it's gonna get done because any scenario of us not bringing back our still under contract ALL PRO WR would have entailed us getting a top 15 pick in round one at a minimum THIS draft.

That can't happen if we're doing extension talks AFTER the NFL draft
Share 49ersWebzone