There are 201 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BOI49er:
That means Aiyuk stays. No way we trade him for any package that doesn't include a 1st round pick This year. After the first round, the subject is dead. They'll cut a deal, as the leverage is all with the team. We've got him way below value at $14m this year, and wouldn't be overpaying him a dime for the next two franchise years, all the while he's at risk of injury and no future income. That will not happen. Aiyuk will have to cut a deal, we'll be fair, and he ain't gettin no $30-$32m as he said he's worth, and we probably won't press charges for overstating his value.

His value is immense. It ain't overstated but yet still we will pay him top five WR money as it should be for an ALL PRO WR and we will give him a sizeable guarantee so he won't ever have to think about working a job another day in his life.

Lynch already told us it's no greater joy than drafting a guy helping him develop and then extending him. That's what makes his job fulfilling
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
That means Aiyuk stays. No way we trade him for any package that doesn't include a 1st round pick This year. After the first round, the subject is dead. They'll cut a deal, as the leverage is all with the team. We've got him way below value at $14m this year, and wouldn't be overpaying him a dime for the next two franchise years, all the while he's at risk of injury and no future income. That will not happen. Aiyuk will have to cut a deal, we'll be fair, and he ain't gettin no $30-$32m as he said he's worth, and we probably won't press charges for overstating his value.

His value is immense. It ain't overstated but yet still we will pay him top five WR money as it should be for an AILL PRO WR and we will give him a sizeable guarantee so he won't ever have to think about working a job another day in his life.

Lynch already told us it's no greater joy than drafting a guy helping him develop and then extending him. That's what makes his job fulfilling

I think it also means Lynch and his agent are already in verbal substantial agreement.
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:
It's following it pretty closely.

Why not just go the Bosa route? It obviously worked w/the contract he got and he didn't play all these girly drama games.

Bosa sat out 2 months and has issues early bc of it. Much prefer the "girly" drama if it means he doesn't hold out like bosa did
I'm used to this drama, this is part of the "free agency" structure. In the past few years we've seen Deebo and Bosa go through the same process.
We may not know exactly how this will end, but we all know it can only go one of three ways:

1. BA plays on his 5th year option
2. BA is traded
3. BA plays on a new deal

It is almost guaranteed to end with a new deal since he hasn't been traded, I would actually be surprised if he is traded.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Please stop posting these s**tty accounts. Only post legit named local and national reporters.

Posting their s**t here makes you part of the problem. They don't want to be right, they want clicks. You're helping them.
[ Edited by okdkid on Apr 14, 2024 at 3:48 PM ]
Originally posted by glorydayz:
I'm used to this drama, this is part of the "free agency" structure. In the past few years we've seen Deebo and Bosa go through the same process.
We may not know exactly how this will end, but we all know it can only go one of three ways:

1. BA plays on his 5th year option
2. BA is traded
3. BA plays on a new deal

It is almost guaranteed to end with a new deal since he hasn't been traded, I would actually be surprised if he is traded.

Draft is on the 25th, so if there's a slight chance of him getting traded it will be between now and maybe an extra week. They aren't going to restructure the whole draft board the day before the draft or the day of. Even at this stage I think it's too late for a trade because of that.

He's either going to play out his 5th year here or get his extension. BA can't afford to sit out an entire year financially.
I think it also means Lynch and his agent are already in verbal substantial agreement.

Makes sense
  • bud49
  • Veteran
49ers hold the cards in this situation. They dictate the outcome.

I see what you there.
these clowns think they are getting BA

DeVonta Smith just got paid, 3 yr/$75M, $52M guaranteed.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by mcwoot:

That's pretty much the starting point right there. DeVonta Smith has been pretty much on par with Aiyuk the last two seasons in terms of production. But Aiyuk is still the better overall receiver than Smith so he may get much more than that.

The fact Smith's deal is for three years may be a sticking point. The 49ers will want to spread the money out over a longer period, especially given the size of the guarantee.

This will not make the Aiyuk deal happen sooner, IMO.
Originally posted by dj43:

The fact Smith's deal is for three years may be a sticking point. The 49ers will want to spread the money out over a longer period, especially given the size of the guarantee.

This will not make the Aiyuk deal happen sooner, IMO.

I would think we would want at least a 4-5 year deal.

You don't show up to Day 1 of Voluntary Workouts in April if you want to leave
Share 49ersWebzone