There are 217 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It's funny. I see fan bases talking about how they would love BA on their team. They've said he's gonna cost a lot of money BUT they can't trade a 1st or need to do some dumb swapping of picks…s**ts worse then the trades I get in my fantasy league 😂

they want a young ascending talent, they KNOW he's gonna get paid (because he's f**king good)…but think they can get him for peanuts lol.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
It's funny. I see fan bases talking about how they would love BA on their team. They've said he's gonna cost a lot of money BUT they can't trade a 1st or need to do some dumb swapping of picks…s**ts worse then the trades I get in my fantasy league 😂

they want a young ascending talent, they KNOW he's gonna get paid (because he's f**king good)…but think they can get him for peanuts lol.

It's called being delusional. Like this f**king idiot who writes for some Steelers column:

He speculates that Aiyuk could be obtained for a second-round draft pick and perhaps a late-round selection. Additionally, assuming the Steelers don't sign Aiyuk to a contract extension, Strackbein suggests that San Francisco might have to absorb some of the $14.124 million the receiver is slated to earn in 2024 on the fifth-year option.

LOL. WUT? Complete delusion. Let's do a fantasy comparison: Justin Jefferson for Rashod Bateman anyone?
Originally posted by Rathof44:

It's called being delusional. Like this f**king idiot who writes for some Steelers column:

He speculates that Aiyuk could be obtained for a second-round draft pick and perhaps a late-round selection. Additionally, assuming the Steelers don't sign Aiyuk to a contract extension, Strackbein suggests that San Francisco might have to absorb some of the $14.124 million the receiver is slated to earn in 2024 on the fifth-year option.

LOL. WUT? Complete delusion. Let's do a fantasy comparison: Justin Jefferson for Rashod Bateman anyone?

• JMC52
  • Veteran

Should be called the foils because they're tweakin
  • thl408
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Thanks for not posting that author's name. I hate when I learn the name of an author, or hot taker, that wrote some dumb article, or made some stupid hot take - waste of space in my brain.

I think some of the Steel is leaking into the water supply
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Stats say Bosa was an elite player last year but as he was insistent on getting good QB money last year I would say it was incumbent upon him to be the game wrecker that Chris Jones was when we needed him most more times then not. It surely didn't appear that way enough for my fan observer eyes but here's to a better and more impactful year for his year

We are paying him to play at a HOF pace so I would expect we see that these next few years as far as he's concerned

The contract extension plus Wilks.....I'm giving Bosa a mulligan for 2023 in terms of DPOY level dominance.

This coming year, I expect a return to form for him and others on the line.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by fropwns:
Originally posted by Brucey72:

You don't show up to Day 1 of Voluntary Workouts in April if you want to leave

We working today!

Also the whole can't pay two WRs thing is a shame…Philly just did it AND is paying their QB $250M (among others).

Exactly, the Eagles have the following players making $10M+ APY

Jalen Hurts at $51M
DeVonta Smith at $25M
AJ Brown at $25M
Landon Dickerson at $21M
Lane Johnson at $20M
Bryce Huff at $17.333M
Jordan Mailata at $16M
Dallas Goedert at $14.25M
Darius Slay at $13M
James Bradberry at $12.666M
Saquon Barkley at $12.583M

None of these run out before 2025, most are thru 2026-2029.

49ers have the following.

Nick Bosa at $34M
Deebo Samuel at $23.85M
Trent Williams at $23.01M
Javon Hargrave at $21M
Fred Warner at $19.45M
George Kittle at $15M
Charvarius Ward at $13.5M
Maliek Collins at $11.5M
Leonard Floyd at $10M

That's 11 for PHI and 9 for SF

Only Ward's deal expires before 2025, so the 49ers can pay both Deebo & Aiyuk, plus Brock, extend Ward, & Greenlaw to new deals, but they likely lose Jauan(team can't pay 3 WRs), Banks(They won't pay a G $10M+ a yr), Hufanga(Needs to prove he's worth top tier Safety money, not sure the 49ers would even pay him top tier S money), & DMo(They likely won't keep both Mooney & DMo, plus you have Yiadom & Ya-Sin as UFAs, with just Luter & Womack signed past 2024 at CB).

The question is why? Why pay 2 WRs elite money. ( Deebo is a bad contract) Is that really the best way to allocate money. I say no.

I disagree that Deebo is a bad contract, he's, IMO, the reason we beat the Eagles last year, without him for those 3 weeks our offense was inept, yes the defense sucked too, but the offense couldn't do anything, when Deebo & CMC are healthy, in the game, this offense is near unstoppable.

As for 2 WRs question, why not? Why get rid of one of them, makes no sense, again I disagree Deebo is a bad deal, you have to realize that in 2022 Deebo had just a $6.876M cap number, and then in 2023 just $8.741M, so it only makes sense that the deal goes up in 2024 & 2025, this is how the 49ers keep their players, by structuring the deals this way, low cap hits in years 1-2(1-3 for Bosa), that includes the year he signs the deal.

Again why not? If the Eagles are willing to pay two WRs $25M a year, why wouldn't the 49ers, it'd be a huge mistake to deal either when they don't have a legit replacement, if they were gonna deal one, they would have done it already, especially BA, so they could used that $14.124M to bring in another WR, but they haven't, and IMO they won't, plus Deebo & BA are too valuable to this offense to let go of, just cause Deebo is later in the 20s doesn't mean his best years are behind him, ppl are making too many assumptions, like how do they know who will or won't fall off after their 20s, look at Trent Williams, he's one of the most physical Tackles out there, takes punishment, so what he misses a game or 2 a season, he's the best LT, Deebo is 1/1 IMO, no one else is like him, or can do what he does in both pass & run game.

All I'm trying to say is that it's possible to have 11-13 large contracts, especially when the cap is going up by $20M a year each year, and of their 10 contracts, Maliek Collins, & Leonard Floyd are not, IMO, apart of the 49ers long term plans, where I believe, IMO, Deebo, Kittle, & CMC are, same for BA & Brock, and look at Philly as I said, they have 11, & that's with a $51M a yr QB, all run through 2025 or beyond.

Sorry but why do I care what the Eagles are doing .. did they become dynasty or something.

Spending potentially over 45 million on 2 WRs when you could vastly improve and build depth in other areas seems much more prudent. The offense is not a pass happy one so lets not allocate large dollars to the WR position.

When it comes to Deebo, he just isnt an elite route runner and cant separate. He doesnt have large catch radius and is essentially CMC without the elite running back abilities. You have to scheme him open. Not worth it. I would hang onto BA though.
Steelers 1st and 2nd. Then we talk. Otherwise take a hike. One 2nd round pick. LOL. Haha.

Imagine BA with Russ and Russ is holding the ball doing his squirrel routine, trying to juke LBs at 35

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Steelers 1st and 2nd. Then we talk. Otherwise take a hike. One 2nd round pick. LOL. Haha.

I wouldnt take a 2nd either.
And his agent shuts down more dumb nonsense from nobodies

• okdkid
  • Veteran
BA's agent, yet again, said all of it is fake news and completely sourceless.

Please stop posting and talking about it. You're giving these loser "content creators" what they want.
And his agent shuts down more dumb nonsense from nobodies

I unfollowed Chase Senior yesterday for this crap. He made this video after the same "source" who got bodied for having no sources by BAs agent broke the story. Have some dignity dude
[ Edited by Brucey72 on Apr 18, 2024 at 10:18 AM ]
Originally posted by thl408:
Thanks for not posting that author's name. I hate when I learn the name of an author, or hot taker, that wrote some dumb article, or made some stupid hot take - waste of space in my brain.

It's beyond insane that Cohn's non-stop clickbait still gets featured on the frontpage.
Share 49ersWebzone