There are 199 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by TD49ers:
How many times did you walk away from a game this year and thought, whz Bosa? Did they even mention his name. His impact on games especially in key moments was minimal.

I saw him get gashed in the run game and get manhandled by scrubs. Just a really disappointing season overall. Yes, he some moments but so did everyone else.

This general criticism isn't really moving the needle for me personally. We had unit wide issues on defense this year especially in situations where Bosa would be most likely to make the kinds of splash plays fans notice. Although I don't put a ton of stock in PFF, he still graded out as one of the best defenders in football and was near the top of the league in pressures.

If your satisfied with his performance that's your opinion. I dont care about PFF or blaming scheme. It was pretty clear his performance was subpar. I have high expectations for the highest paid non QB player in the league. When you hold out of TC and demand to be paid and you show up for a SB season and play subpar, that's a problem.
[ Edited by TD49ers on Apr 18, 2024 at 1:58 PM ]
Lol they are making too much of a thing about BA

I am so worried a guy like Brock won't be able throw it as good to anyone else but BA if he is traded...LOL what will we ever dooooooo
I'm petrified that if we do trade Brandon (praying we don't because he's my favorite player on the team), I just don't trust the Niners to nail that 20th pick! I can see it now…."with the 20th pick, the San Francisco 49ers select Roger Rosengarten - Tackle out of University of Washington.

This is giving me gray hair as we speak.
49ers are by far have the highest cap salary in the entire NFL ... they need to eventually trade some of their expensive players for cheaper draft picks. They esp can't afford to pay their WR's more than twice the NFL average when there are so many good young WR's in the draft. Minus the QB, the 49ers are outspending the NFL average by almost 50% !!, (almost $100 million ($95 m) more in non-QB payroll !!), esp overspending at WR, RB, DL ... so they will have to trade some expensive guys for younger cheaper guys either this year or next year. And this year the draft has lots of good WR's. What if Aiyuk gets injured this year and they are stuck with a $120 million contract on an injured WR? Then they wont be able to trade him. Very risky. If they like the WR's in the draft and are offered a good #1 pick plus a mid round pick (3rd or 4th) I would trade him.

............................ QB....... RB........ WR......... TE......... OL......... DL......... LB......... DB........ Total Cap Hit
SF 49ers ............ 4.8M ``` 20.9M``` 52.3M `` 16.4M `` 52.4M `` 76.5M ```` 34.2M ``` 40.6M `` 304.1M
NFL Average ..... 27.2M `` 10.1M `` 30.3M `` 11.9M `` 44.3M```` 38.7M ``` 28.5M``` 36.6M``` 234.5M
[ Edited by maxsmart on Apr 18, 2024 at 3:07 PM ]
Originally posted by bigpete50:
I'm petrified that if we do trade Brandon (praying we don't because he's my favorite player on the team), I just don't trust the Niners to nail that 20th pick! I can see it now…."with the 20th pick, the San Francisco 49ers select Roger Rosengarten - Tackle out of University of Washington.

We aren't trading Aiuyuk. Just no possibility unless someone wants to offer two firsts. That said, don't be shocked if Rosengarten is the pick that underwhelms fans at 31. This has all the hallmarks of the McGlinchy selection where need had us reaching a bit.
Originally posted by Chance:
We aren't trading Aiuyuk. Just no possibility unless someone wants to offer two firsts. That said, don't be shocked if Rosengarten is the pick that underwhelms fans at 31. This has all the hallmarks of the McGlinchy selection where need had us reaching a bit.

I keep hearing the guys name pop up and all I can say is NO! 3rd round? Yes! First or second round? No way.

They have to trade somebody this year or next, and WR's are one of the best positions in the draft and some of the easier players to replace
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Originally posted by maxsmart:
49ers are by far have the highest cap salary in the entire NFL ... they need to eventually trade some of their expensive players for cheaper draft picks. They esp can't afford to pay their WR's more than twice the NFL average when there are so many good young WR's in the draft. Minus the QB, the 49ers are outspending the NFL average by almost 50% !!, (almost $100 million ($95 m) more in non-QB payroll !!), esp overspending at WR, RB, DL ... so they will have to trade some expensive guys for younger cheaper guys either this year or next year. And this year the draft has lots of good WR's. What if Aiyuk gets injured this year and they are stuck with a $120 million contract on an injured WR? Then they wont be able to trade him. Very risky. If they like the WR's in the draft and are offered a good #1 pick plus a mid round pick (3rd or 4th) I would trade him.

............................ QB....... RB........ WR......... TE......... OL......... DL......... LB......... DB........ Total Cap Hit
SF 49ers ............ 4.8M ``` 20.9M``` 52.3M `` 16.4M `` 52.4M `` 76.5M ```` 34.2M ``` 40.6M `` 304.1M
NFL Average ..... 27.2M `` 10.1M `` 30.3M `` 11.9M `` 44.3M```` 38.7M ``` 28.5M``` 36.6M``` 234.5M

One thing I can say about Aiyuk is the dude keeps his body right, and knows how to take a tackle.
Originally posted by bigpete50:

I would love a OT at 20. Just for Deebo not BA.
[ Edited by TD49ers on Apr 18, 2024 at 3:43 PM ]

They have to trade somebody this year or next, and WR's are one of the best positions in the draft and some of the easier players to replace

You don't trade an all-pro caliber WR in a Super Bowl year when you are under the cap. It unless some team will knock your socks off with compensation. We may trade Deebo next year if he shows downward trajectory, but we'd be stupid to trade Aiyuk for a low first. Just not going to happen.

Why? Because unlike your opinion All-Pro WRs are not easily replaced. We haven't had a WR as talented and in his prime as Aiyuk since TO, that's two decades with number two WRs. If it were easy then reality would be different.

You don't trade an all-pro caliber WR in a Super Bowl year when you are under the cap. It unless some team will knock your socks off with compensation. We may trade Deebo next year if he shows downward trajectory, but we'd be stupid to trade Aiyuk for a low first. Just not going to happen.

Why? Because unlike your opinion All-Pro WRs are not easily replaced. We haven't had a WR as talented and in his prime as Aiyuk since TO, that's two decades with number two WRs. If it were easy then reality would be different.

Dont forget as well. We need WRs that love to block. Not all WRs would fall into that category.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
It's funny. I see fan bases talking about how they would love BA on their team. They've said he's gonna cost a lot of money BUT they can't trade a 1st or need to do some dumb swapping of picks…s**ts worse then the trades I get in my fantasy league 😂

they want a young ascending talent, they KNOW he's gonna get paid (because he's f**king good)…but think they can get him for peanuts lol.

It's called being delusional. Like this f**king idiot who writes for some Steelers column:

He speculates that Aiyuk could be obtained for a second-round draft pick and perhaps a late-round selection. Additionally, assuming the Steelers don't sign Aiyuk to a contract extension, Strackbein suggests that San Francisco might have to absorb some of the $14.124 million the receiver is slated to earn in 2024 on the fifth-year option.

LOL. WUT? Complete delusion. Let's do a fantasy comparison: Justin Jefferson for Rashod Bateman anyone?

Thanks for not posting that author's name. I hate when I learn the name of an author, or hot taker, that wrote some dumb article, or made some stupid hot take - waste of space in my brain.

Here so you can waste that space in your brain: Noah Strackbein, All Steelers. You're welcome.

I agree, they should probably try to trade Deebo, or wait a year and trade Deebo next year if they can get a good trade return.
Instead of Deebo, they would be much better off with someone like Xavier Legette plus additional $20 mil in cap room
Legette will probably be better than Deebo (Deebo has aged and been injured) plus they can't afford to keep everybody when they are are paying almost $100 mil more than the NFL average for their position players, the salary cap will force them to trade somebody

The draft has so many good WR's this year that they could afford to lose Aiyuk if the right trade offer came available
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
There's no way Kyle will ditch Deebo, it makes no sense, unless he falls off that badly in 2024, he will be here in 2025, having both CMC & Deebo are key to the offense working the way it does, without Deebo we suffered badly, and I don't see anyone out there in the NFL that can be Deebo, he's basically 1/1 IMO

This! I've been telling everyone that we can afford our whole team even paying 2 great receivers that much money. Philadelphia has done exactly that and they have a ton of people. They are paying a lot of money on offense and defense. We can do the same. We may have to let go of Banks, which is fine, so drafting a tackle/guard in the first round that will replace him next year is fine. I really want to re-sign Lenoir even more-so than Hufanga bc Huf will come with a higher price tag because he was an all pro. We can keep this team together and make Super Bowl runs year after year. Also, just because Deebo isn't a great route runner doesn't mean he's the best playmaker in the league with the ball in his hands. Trading him would be a mistake.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
There's no way Kyle will ditch Deebo, it makes no sense, unless he falls off that badly in 2024, he will be here in 2025, having both CMC & Deebo are key to the offense working the way it does, without Deebo we suffered badly, and I don't see anyone out there in the NFL that can be Deebo, he's basically 1/1 IMO

This! I've been telling everyone that we can afford our whole team even paying 2 great receivers that much money. Philadelphia has done exactly that and they have a ton of people. They are paying a lot of money on offense and defense. We can do the same. We may have to let go of Banks, which is fine, so drafting a tackle/guard in the first round that will replace him next year is fine. I really want to re-sign Lenoir even more-so than Hufanga bc Huf will come with a higher price tag because he was an all pro. We can keep this team together and make Super Bowl runs year after year. Also, just because Deebo isn't a great route runner doesn't mean he's the best playmaker in the league with the ball in his hands. Trading him would be a mistake.

We have 6 mil in cap space right now.

Cap space will increase some more in 2025. Projections are between 10-20 mil (we won't know for sure until next year though)

Right now for 2025 we are: -30 mil in cap space if the 2025 season started today

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2025/

After this season we have these FAs:

Huf
Lenoir
Mooney
Greenlaw
Collins
Jennings
Banks
Feliciano
Mitchell

This is not counting all the depth guys we have as well.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2025/all/san-francisco-49ers/

Some of these guys are going to require a lot of money to resign. We can't do them all. We don't have the cap space. We need to do a couple restructures again and we will have to most likely trade/cut a couple guys.

AB also said there's no way we get rid of AA, and he's gone.

Eagles lost a lot of talent this offseason so using them as an example isn't that good. They were able to resign a couple good players, but they had to let go of good players as well. We will have to do the same. And Purdy is going to his extension next offseason as well (his first year cap hit will be low, but you have to plan that money out to 2026 then).

It's possible Deebo is still here after this season, but I wouldn't bet money on it. I also see Juice being cut next year (will probably retire though)
[ Edited by GoreGoreGore on Apr 18, 2024 at 8:33 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone