There are 212 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
There's no way Kyle will ditch Deebo, it makes no sense, unless he falls off that badly in 2024, he will be here in 2025, having both CMC & Deebo are key to the offense working the way it does, without Deebo we suffered badly, and I don't see anyone out there in the NFL that can be Deebo, he's basically 1/1 IMO

This! I've been telling everyone that we can afford our whole team even paying 2 great receivers that much money. Philadelphia has done exactly that and they have a ton of people. They are paying a lot of money on offense and defense. We can do the same. We may have to let go of Banks, which is fine, so drafting a tackle/guard in the first round that will replace him next year is fine. I really want to re-sign Lenoir even more-so than Hufanga bc Huf will come with a higher price tag because he was an all pro. We can keep this team together and make Super Bowl runs year after year. Also, just because Deebo isn't a great route runner doesn't mean he's the best playmaker in the league with the ball in his hands. Trading him would be a mistake.

We have 6 mil in cap space right now.

Cap space will increase some more in 2025. Projections are between 10-20 mil (we won't know for sure until next year though)

Right now for 2025 we are: -30 mil in cap space if the 2025 season started today

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2025/

After this season we have these FAs:

Huf
Lenoir
Mooney
Greenlaw
Collins
Jennings
Banks
Feliciano
Mitchell

This is not counting all the depth guys we have as well.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2025/all/san-francisco-49ers/

Some of these guys are going to require a lot of money to resign. We can't do them all. We don't have the cap space. We need to do a couple restructures again and we will have to most likely trade/cut a couple guys.

AB also said there's no way we get rid of AA, and he's gone.

Eagles lost a lot of talent this offseason so using them as an example isn't that good. They were able to resign a couple good players, but they had to let go of good players as well. We will have to do the same. And Purdy is going to his extension next offseason as well (his first year cap hit will be low, but you have to plan that money out to 2026 then).

It's possible Deebo is still here after this season, but I wouldn't bet money on it. I also see Juice being cut next year (will probably retire though)

Yeah, we are definitely losing some good players however with the FA bargains we usually get to fill holes left by players leaving like you said, I'm sure the drop off won't be too bad.

The Eagles lost some talent but upgraded with Saquon Barkley, CGJ at safety and have a 50 mil qb (as we will have) so they are as close to us as an example as there is. 2 of the best rosters with the most all pros.

Also, with the cap increasing and retirements of players like Trent Williams in the next 2 years will free up a ton of space. Restructuring and staggering contracts are also something the niners are great at so we can keep a lot of our talent
I will be legit sad when Juice leaves:(
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Did they give Aiyuk his bag yet!!!!! I was one of the ones who said no way they could pay two WR's over 20 mil. Well I change my tune, so pay this man already!!!!
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Did they give Aiyuk his bag yet!!!!! I was one of the ones who said no way they could pay two WR's over 20 mil. Well I change my tune, so pay this man already!!!!

Did you hear that Lynch? This guy on this message board changed his mind! Back up the brinks truck!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 91til:

Did you hear that Lynch? This guy on this message board changed his mind! Back up the brinks truck!

Well if they extend Aiyuk, frees up cap space. Then next season when there's an out to Deebos contract, they could restructure or extend, well depending on the outcome of 2024 of course. I had thought it would be a straight $30 mil cap hit for Aiyuk this season.
[ Edited by Kolohe on Apr 19, 2024 at 12:01 PM ]
Originally posted by 91til:

hahahahahah
Well if they extend Aiyuk, frees up cap space. Then next season when there's an out to Deebos contract, they could restructure or extend, well depending on the outcome of 2024 of course. I had thought it would be a straight $30 mil cap hit for Aiyuk this season.

Nah man that's not how it works. People need to take that APY and toss in it the trash. Go look at Deebo's deal…not until yr 3 into his extension did his cap number become high.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Nah man that's not how it works. People need to take that APY and toss in it the trash. Go look at Deebo's deal…not until yr 3 into his extension did his cap number become high.

As long as a player doesn't get injured and miss time or drop off a cliff and absolutely suck then the modern cap can be massaged around their contracts

It is the massive dead cap hit that kills teams when they cut a player
Can they just keep this guy already...
Imagine trading not only the best WR on the team but the one who routinely stays healthy. Wild.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Imagine trading not only the best WR on the team but the one who routinely stays healthy. Wild.

Yah I got a feeling if they trade Aiyuk it might backfire in the 9ers. Not sure how they can get it done but hopefully this isn't ongoing like Bosa's negotiations.
If you trade Aiyuk you are almost guaranteed to play multiple games next season with Jennings as your #1 WR. Let that sink in. A Rookie will not be ready to be your #1 WR and you know Deebo is going to miss games. So that leaves Jennings as your #1 guy for those games. And god help us if Deebo misses alot of time which is a realistic scenario.

You have too much common sense lol
BAs extension wouldn't kick in until next year, not this year. Deeb will be 30 next year. They will both play together this year with Deeb being traded next season. Now they just have to get the number BA will sign for.

BA is not on some trade path before Thursday. I truly doubt it.
Originally posted by Montana:

You have too much common sense lol

It wouldn't be the first time we've traded away one of the healthiest and most productive players on the team.

I'd be a little surprised If they trade away Aiyuk, though.
Share 49ersWebzone