There are 191 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
We have 6 mil in cap space right now.

Cap space will increase some more in 2025. Projections are between 10-20 mil (we won't know for sure until next year though)

Right now for 2025 we are: -30 mil in cap space if the 2025 season started today

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2025/

After this season we have these FAs:

Huf
Lenoir
Mooney
Greenlaw
Collins
Jennings
Banks
Feliciano
Mitchell

This is not counting all the depth guys we have as well.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2025/all/san-francisco-49ers/

Some of these guys are going to require a lot of money to resign. We can't do them all. We don't have the cap space. We need to do a couple restructures again and we will have to most likely trade/cut a couple guys.

AB also said there's no way we get rid of AA, and he's gone.

Eagles lost a lot of talent this offseason so using them as an example isn't that good. They were able to resign a couple good players, but they had to let go of good players as well. We will have to do the same. And Purdy is going to his extension next offseason as well (his first year cap hit will be low, but you have to plan that money out to 2026 then).

It's possible Deebo is still here after this season, but I wouldn't bet money on it. I also see Juice being cut next year (will probably retire though)

Say what you want, but there's just no way (imo) that this coming years roster will be as good as last years. If that's the case, we won't see the SB again next year.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Well let's get to work there guy, da fuk you tweeting us for!!!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Draft first.
  • thl408

That tweet wasn't from Lynch.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by thl408:

That tweet wasn't from Lynch.

I'm kidding man.
Originally posted by Patton:
Say what you want, but there's just no way (imo) that this coming years roster will be as good as last years. If that's the case, we won't see the SB again next year.

Purdy could be better by just just having 1 more year of experience under his belt and for the 1st time having a full healthy offseason as the starter. Bosa should be better than he was last year. Warner I also thought had a down year last season. We are going to get Huff back. Brown will be going into year 2. Just replacing Ambry opposite Ward will make the team much better. Floyd over Young will be an upgrade. And we have 6 draft picks in the 1st 4 rounds to add to the roster. Even if just 2 of the 6 hit, That will make the roster better.
Originally posted by JTB1974:

Purdy could be better by just just having 1 more year of experience under his belt and for the 1st time having a full healthy offseason as the starter. Bosa should be better than he was last year. Warner I also thought had a down year last season. We are going to get Huff back. Brown will be going into year 2. Just replacing Ambry opposite Ward will make the team much better. Floyd over Young will be an upgrade. And we have 6 draft picks in the 1st 4 rounds to add to the roster. Even if just 2 of the 6 hit, That will make the roster better.

I agree about Purdy. If they can upgrade his protection he will be a demon.

The roster will be very good next season, but needs o-line upgrades and some reloading on defense as you mentioned. This draft must yield good production or at the very least the kids from the last two years better show up otherwise it's going to be downhill fast after next season.

I know it's probably not realistic, but I would love to see 4-6 of those top 6 picks contribute.

I also expect Aiyuk extended unless his demands are outrageous, or if some other team makes an offer we cannot refuse, which I do not envision happening.
quote from ESPN, bossman Lynch speaking:

"I've communicated on many occasions: our wish is that he's here and part of the Niners for the rest of his career'

it seems they are working on some sort of unprecedented, lifetime contract
TJ Hooshmiahangriaisbf is BA's personal WR coach. Says Aiyuk wants to he a niner just wants to be paid. Said he doesn't think his role (or lack thereof) is a motivator for BA to want to go elsewhere. When asked what he thinks will get it done, TJ didn't hesitate and said 27/per. He later in the interview said that he hasn't discussed this with BA, but it's hard to think that number just randomly and immediately popped in his head and that, when working with BA, what BA is expecting never popped up in casual conversation. He does not think BA will play on the 5th year option
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Apr 22, 2024 at 6:18 PM ]

I am 90% BA stays because BA and because of BP and BA
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
We have 6 mil in cap space right now.

Cap space will increase some more in 2025. Projections are between 10-20 mil (we won't know for sure until next year though)

Right now for 2025 we are: -30 mil in cap space if the 2025 season started today

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2025/

After this season we have these FAs:

Huf
Lenoir
Mooney
Greenlaw
Collins
Jennings
Banks
Feliciano
Mitchell

This is not counting all the depth guys we have as well.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2025/all/san-francisco-49ers/

Some of these guys are going to require a lot of money to resign. We can't do them all. We don't have the cap space. We need to do a couple restructures again and we will have to most likely trade/cut a couple guys.

AB also said there's no way we get rid of AA, and he's gone.

Eagles lost a lot of talent this offseason so using them as an example isn't that good. They were able to resign a couple good players, but they had to let go of good players as well. We will have to do the same. And Purdy is going to his extension next offseason as well (his first year cap hit will be low, but you have to plan that money out to 2026 then).

It's possible Deebo is still here after this season, but I wouldn't bet money on it. I also see Juice being cut next year (will probably retire though)

Even if it is they are better i doubt they are as healthy again.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Even if it is they are better i doubt they are as healthy again.

True.

Sometimes teams like the Eli Manning miracle catch Giants team get through the cracks but realistically I don't see this current team being that team.

Never know though, I'll be happy to be wrong.
Florio is the biggest pot stirrer when it comes to the 49ers. The dude lives to create 49ers drama. Wish he and Crant would go a remote island together and live not so happily ever after.
I don't really care for these "reports," but this dude has been f**king dead on this offseason.

"Based on what I'm hearing from knowledgeable sources inside the building, and from high-ranking personnel executives and coaches around the league, don't rule out a deal that would send Brock Purdy's favorite target to another team," Silver wrote in a recent column.
Share 49ersWebzone