Shop Find 49ers gear online
Aiyuk for a 2nd rounder?

LMAO

Fire Lynch if that happens.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Aiyuk for a 2nd rounder?

LMAO

F that!! Sign him long term or better get an AJ Brown type trade compensation package or we riot!!
  • da209
  • Veteran
Aiyuk for a 2nd rounder?

LMAO

this !
Aiyuk for a 2nd rounder?

LMAO

Dude for real! Guy can play out his 5th yr option and be tagged after that…they would get a comp 3rd letting him walk after that s**t.

Settling for a second…get the f**k out of here with that s**t.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Dude for real! Guy can play out his 5th yr option and be tagged after that…they would get a comp 3rd letting him walk after that s**t.

It's crazy, but Mike Silver has been money with his reporting this offseason.

If BA gets traded, it'll be because he didn't want to be here. However, that doesn't explain why the 49ers would capitulate to his request to leave when they can control his football life for more years.
[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 23, 2024 at 11:58 AM ]
Top ten pick or Aiyuk stays in my book because that's what it would take to draft his replacement. I say this because Aiyuk was All Pro last year which literally states that he's a top eight WR in this league right now!

A second rounder won't guarantee us that. Aiyuk was picked 25th I believe and if a redraft would've been top 15 at least so why would we not be seeking a top ten for an AllPro that we have control over cost controlled for the next three years?

Tired of hearing talk that doesn't make sense
Originally posted by Heroism:

Lynch is the only guy that can be the authority on this and that ain't happening
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Top ten pick or Aiyuk stays in my book because that's what it would take to draft his replacement. I say this because Aiyuk was All Pro last year which literally states that he's a top eight WR in this league right now!

A second rounder won't guarantee us that. Aiyuk was picked 25th I believe and if a redraft would've been top 15 at least so why would we not be seeking a top ten for an AllPro that we have control over cost controlled for the next three years?

Hope you're right. But I don't have high hopes BA is here next year.

Notwithstanding, it really doesn't seem on. A 2nd round pick and no Aiyuk this year or Aiyuk for another year and a compensatory 3rd after. No brainer!

Based on all the "intel" articles it is of my unprofesional opinion that there is a 50% chance he signs a extension and a 50% chance he gets traded.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

A 2nd rounder will most likely get you Dante pettis or Drake Jackson. The vast majority of 2nd rounders flame out. Not saying a 100% chance we draft an absolute bum but the odds are what they are. So that would be a horrendous trade

If BA gets traded, it'll be because he didn't want to be here. However, that doesn't explain why the 49ers would capitulate to his request to leave when they can control his football life for more years.

Disagree, if Aiyuk gets traded it's because they didn't come to an agreement with money. It's not that he doesn't want to be here he just wants to be paid
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Disagree, if Aiyuk gets traded it's because they didn't come to an agreement with money. It's not that he doesn't want to be here he just wants to be paid

That's all fine and good, but he can then play out his 5th year option like Ceedee and Jefferson are about to (without complaint mind you), or he can sit and be a distraction on a SB roster. Frankly, I'm sick of these antics. At some point this team needs to play hardball and nip this in the bud or every player and agent will be threatening to sit out if we don't bend over and pay up the ass.
Pay Aiyuk and then let Deebo go in a year or two. The time Aiyuk's contract kicks in, You can trade or release Deebo. I see Deebo only being here 2 more years, regardless if they extend Aiyuk or not. Not only is Aiyuk only 26 with his best years still yet to come, But he is far more reliable than Deebo when it comes to health and is also a guy I can still see being very good in his early 30's. He reminds me of Emmanuel Sanders and he was still a very good player at age 32. So if we give Aiyuk a 5 year extension we will probally get all 5 of his best years.
Share 49ersWebzone