There are 233 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Fresno49er:
Based on all the "intel" articles it is of my unprofesional opinion that there is a 50% chance he signs a extension and a 50% chance he gets traded.

Add to that, a 50% chance that all the "intel" writers are full of sh**!
I still don't believe that they trade him because it significantly hurts their "final" year of this core. He is the only guy on the team who can create his own targets without having to be designed open. BA is replaceable long term but not short term. Bc Kyle doesn't trust rookie WRs and rookie WRs typically take time to adjust unless you draft Randy Moss. Chiefs showed people that the way to beat the 49ers is man coverage. Kyle forced Deebo the ball but he couldn't beat man. You don't trade the only WR that can beat man in a win now season.

I love Deebo but the thought of having Deebo and Jennings as 1 and 2 with a rookie as #3 going into the season sounds awful. Your passing game would rely solely on intermediate passes and YAC.

Like I said you can replace Aiyuk but it would take a few years amd that doesn't make sense for a win now team
[ Edited by Brucey72 on Apr 23, 2024 at 2:23 PM ]
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by Fresno49er:
Based on all the "intel" articles it is of my unprofesional opinion that there is a 50% chance he signs a extension and a 50% chance he gets traded.

Add to that, a 50% chance that all the "intel" writers are full of sh**!

They are all full of s**t. Click bate in the off season.
Originally posted by TD49ers:
They are all full of s**t. Click bate in the off season.

I don't see how we are saying people are full of s**t and writing clickbait articles when we have no insight into where negotiations stand from an actual numbers standpoint.

It's easy to believe we want Aiyuk longterm, and he'd prefer to stay here as well. The question is where each side wants the numbers to land and whether they can mutually agree. Look at what Schefter and TJ said. He wants to be here, but he wants to paid what he's worth. That makes total sense… we just can't see where each side actually stands on the numbers.
He's really isn't worth what he's asking for. Aiyuk either comes down on his price or he gotta go
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
He's really isn't worth what he's asking for. Aiyuk either comes down on his price or he gotta go

What is he asking for?
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

What is he asking for?

What is he asking for?

$1 more than Deeb
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Congratulations, Captain Obvious (Lombardi). It's a totally meaningless statement from the GM.
Originally posted by bzborow1:
Congratulations, Captain Obvious (Lombardi). It's a totally meaningless statement from the GM.

Yea. No doubt the deal would be done if money wasn't a factor for either side, lol.

What is he asking for?

Definitely over 25 mil, which is too much for him

I'd guess that's probably right (the number). But there's a lot of room above it, because I'd be surprised if the 49ers initial offer wasn't right there as well. Is he asking for 27? 30? Probably room to come to an agreement if it's 27 ish and he's somewhat flexible.

I'd be shopping around trying to figure out his trade value as well.

I'd guess that's probably right (the number). But there's a lot of room above it, because I'd be surprised if the 49ers initial offer wasn't right there as well. Is he asking for 27? 30? Probably room to come to an agreement if it's 27 ish and he's somewhat flexible.

I'd be shopping around trying to figure out his trade value as well.

Not sure but idk if they really want to pay him at all, because that means Kyle loses his boy Deebo at some point. Imo you have to be a damn good receiver to be invested in. You look at the greats, only Rice has the rings and that was with Joe. TO, Moss, Johnson, etc never won one. Of the top guys today, only Hill has one because of Mahomes. It just doesn't make sense to pay Aiyuk imo , he doesn't have that kind of impact
Not sure but idk if they really want to pay him at all, because that means Kyle loses his boy Deebo at some point. Imo you have to be a damn good receiver to be invested in. You look at the greats, only Rice has the rings and that was with Joe. TO, Moss, Johnson, etc never won one. Of the top guys today, only Hill has one because of Mahomes. It just doesn't make sense to pay Aiyuk imo , he doesn't have that kind of impact

I think we can safely assume they are willing to pay him something that's not wildly 'disrespectful' otherwise I think we'd be hearing different things than we are.
Again, his salary, whatever it may be, wouldn't kick in until 2025. His cap hit would actually reduce this year. It is Deebo that most likely will end in 2025 so Brandon's salary should not be a factor as Deebs salary will come off the books in 2025. Watch for a potential draft pick at WR (or could be next year) to move in with BA number 1 2025 and forward.
Share 49ersWebzone