There are 235 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Not sure but idk if they really want to pay him at all, because that means Kyle loses his boy Deebo at some point. Imo you have to be a damn good receiver to be invested in. You look at the greats, only Rice has the rings and that was with Joe. TO, Moss, Johnson, etc never won one. Of the top guys today, only Hill has one because of Mahomes. It just doesn't make sense to pay Aiyuk imo , he doesn't have that kind of impact

I think we can safely assume they are willing to pay him something that's not wildly 'disrespectful' otherwise I think we'd be hearing different things than we are.

I honestly think it comes down to Deebo. Does Kyle think he's worth paying top dollar (already questionable) AND kicking Deebo off the team for?
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Again, his salary, whatever it may be, wouldn't kick in until 2025. His cap hit would actually reduce this year. It is Deebo that most likely will end in 2025 so Brandon's salary should not be a factor as Deebs salary will come off the books in 2025. Watch for a potential draft pick at WR (or could be next year) to move in with BA number 1 2025 and forward.

To me theres still a lot of assumptions here. Prioritizing Aiyuk over Deebo… Deebo coming off the books after next season… also just the idea that any of this would prevent us from driving as hard a bargain as possible in an attempt to sign him longterm.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Again, his salary, whatever it may be, wouldn't kick in until 2025. His cap hit would actually reduce this year. It is Deebo that most likely will end in 2025 so Brandon's salary should not be a factor as Deebs salary will come off the books in 2025. Watch for a potential draft pick at WR (or could be next year) to move in with BA number 1 2025 and forward.

To me theres still a lot of assumptions here. Prioritizing Aiyuk over Deebo… Deebo coming off the books after next season… also just the idea that any of this would prevent us from driving as hard a bargain as possible in an attempt to sign him longterm.

Just my opinion like all the others. Deeb 30 next year. For me, if I could only have one and I were lucky enough to make that call I would pick Brandon. We will see but on the good front, is in this scenario we still have this year.
Here are the top 6 WR salaries as of DeVonta Smith's new deal:

Tyreek Hill - $30M/yr
Davante Adams - $28M
Kupp - $26.7M
D Smith - $25M
AJ Brown - $25M
Metcalf - $24M

I would put BA in the Smith/Kupp range. I don't see him lower than that. His ability to beat man puts him above Deebo. After that, you are down to Michael Pittman and McLaurin. Those guys are nice but they are not on the same level as Aiyuk.

I think the FO is going to have to hit the $26+M mark in order to keep him.
Originally posted by dj43:

Tyreek Hill - $30M/yr
Davante Adams - $28M
Kupp - $26.7M
D Smith - $25M
AJ Brown - $25M
Metcalf - $24M

I would put BA in the Smith/Kupp range. I don't see him lower than that. His ability to beat man puts him above Deebo. After that, you are down to Michael Pittman and McLaurin. Those guys are nice but they are not on the same level as Aiyuk.

Agree, somewhere between Adams and Kupp is his value. Which isn't bad.
Deebo should've been traded 2 years ago. He's brittle as grandmas bone china and he's not a receiver. Now we're going to lose one of the best receivers in the game because of that bad decision.
[ Edited by SanFranFanfrmVa on Apr 23, 2024 at 8:08 PM ]
Originally posted by dj43:

Tyreek Hill - $30M/yr
Davante Adams - $28M
Kupp - $26.7M
D Smith - $25M
AJ Brown - $25M
Metcalf - $24M

My guess is it will cost closer to $28-$30M (depends on guaranteed $). Adams, Kupp, and Brown signed those deals 2 years ago. The salary cap is up >20% so the equivalent contract today would be >$30M for all of them.

If Aiyuk only gets $26M, his agent didn't do his job.

AJ Brown is a good comp. 4 years $100M signed 2 years ago. That's equivalent to >$30M/year in this salary cap. I don't think Aiyuk is quite as good as Brown was when he was traded but that's probably the closest comp.
can we do this?

sign Aiyuk to a 1 year, $26 million contract with the understanding that he will be franchised and traded in the 2025 off-season?
[ Edited by DoseOfBosa on Apr 23, 2024 at 10:17 PM ]
Originally posted by DoseOfBosa:
can we do this?

sign Aiyuk to a 1 year, $26 million contract with the understanding that he will be franchised and traded in the 2025 off-season?

Why would aiyuk agree to this? He wants a long term deal with good guaranteed $$:to protect himself
Originally posted by frenchmov:
can we do this?

Why would aiyuk agree to this? He wants a long term deal with good guaranteed $$:to protect himself

because he's under contract for another year as is

I'm just thinking to avoid a holdout

edit; I'm also assuming nobody else is going to give him 26+, and a trade isn't gonna happen
[ Edited by DoseOfBosa on Apr 23, 2024 at 10:26 PM ]

because he's under contract for another year as is

I'm just thinking to avoid a holdout

edit; I'm also assuming nobody else is going to give him 26, and a trade isn't gonna happen

I think absent a long term deal he's going to hold out. An extra $8m for 1 year over what he'd get on the 5th year option isn't going to move the needle much when a worse wr (devonta smith) just got a 3 year, $75m extension w $50m guaranteed. Aiyuks extension should be more than that and his guaranteed $$ more.
can we do this?

Neither side would do this…his under contract right now anyway
Why would any team that's in the market for a WR tell Silver that BA should cost them a 1sts and more? They gain nothing by saying that
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Neither side would do this…his under contract right now anyway

That's the thing I don't get. People acting like we absolutely have to offer a new contract or lose him. Wouldn't he get fined all season if he chose to sit out? No way he sits and pays fines all year lol. I mean if he wants to choose the Leveon Bell path by all means
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
Deebo should've been traded 2 years ago. He's brittle as grandmas bone china and he's not a receiver. Now we're going to lose one of the best receivers in the game because of that bad decision.

Trade Deebo and keep Aiyuk
Share 49ersWebzone