There are 254 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • da209
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Quick!!!! delete that tweet before Brandon Aiyuk sees it!!!!

hahah i think he's gone. Hope he stays, but indont see the niners paying over 30 APY unless we make him our number 1 target on offense.

We are priced out.
[ Edited by da209 on Apr 24, 2024 at 9:11 AM ]
Originally posted by LundyLove:
I'm sorry no WR is worth that.

quick name the last team to win a Super Bowl that had a top 5 paid WR

I say they are worth it cap is going up. JJ probably worth 35-40. Salaries only go up over time, so records on contracts will be set almost every offseason.

Does Rice, ring a bell? Irvin? Harrison, Bruce, for recent times, Cooper Kupp won triple crown. He smoked our ass iirc. Then won the SB
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Apr 24, 2024 at 9:11 AM ]

Kupp was probably top 10 huh when the Rams won a few years back.

But the fact is if you don't have a Patrick Mahomes or a Tom Brady you have to build your team differently and sometimes that requires over paying.
Originally posted by miked1978:

But the fact is if you don't have a Patrick Mahomes or a Tom Brady you have to build your team differently and sometimes that requires over paying.

top 10? he won triple crown, he should have been league MVP
he put up a line of 145-1947-16, and was completely unguardable, that line is bonkers
Originally posted by miked1978:

We all ready pay Deebo 22 million. Whatever we pay Aiyuk over that is a lot of cap,resources to WRs.

meanwhile in the Super Bowl our awesome WRs didn't help when our QB didn't have the time

I use those resources making the line better not signing another high ticket WR.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

$77 million guar, fine. Match the deal for aiyuk, done deal. We can make it work.
Jefferson will get WAY more. Just get it done.
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Originally posted by dj43:
Here are the top 6 WR salaries as of DeVonta Smith's new deal:

Tyreek Hill - $30M/yr
Davante Adams - $28M
Kupp - $26.7M
D Smith - $25M
AJ Brown - $25M
Metcalf - $24M

I would put BA in the Smith/Kupp range. I don't see him lower than that. His ability to beat man puts him above Deebo. After that, you are down to Michael Pittman and McLaurin. Those guys are nice but they are not on the same level as Aiyuk.

I think the FO is going to have to hit the $26+M mark in order to keep him.

Axe still has to fall on the big boys: Chase, Lamb, and Jefferson (and St Brown) are all due extensions soon. Better pay Aiyuk soon, cuz these dudes are going to reset the market for sure.

Yep, you can forget all of the above numbers. St Brown has reset the market with Jefferson yet to sign. The $77M guarantee is also new ground.

"Don't anticipate a trade..." ...yet.
Originally posted by dj43:
Yep, you can forget all of the above numbers. St Brown has reset the market with Jefferson yet to sign. The $77M guarantee is also new ground.

"Don't anticipate a trade..." ...yet.

I've been saying for a while JJ, he's gonna surprise ppl with how much he gets paid, can it be $40m
Its really only 18 mill a year guaranteed. the incentives over 30 is crazy tho.

Aiyuk is roughly as good as St. Brown. It would be so dumb not to just get him signed with the market established. If there's a concern about the amount spent on receivers, the obvious choice is to trade Deebo - as it ALWAYS has been.

This is a monumental occasion and the choice is obvious. We're about to find out whether our FO is legit or has just been lucky.
Aiyuk should at least get the contract st brown got. Pretty easy for the front office here. Get it done!
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Aiyuk should at least get the contract st brown got. Pretty easy for the front office here. Get it done!

This is the rub, cuz St Brown was a lot more productive in sheer volume and All Pro status, which SF could argue to say he gets less, meanwhile BA can say he's on the level and demand equal to St Brown
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

This is the rub, cuz St Brown was a lot more productive in sheer volume and All Pro status, which SF could argue to say he gets less, meanwhile BA can say he's on the level and demand equal to St Brown

Quibbling here would be dumb and I doubt they would even think of going there.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Aiyuk in a pass heavy offense puts up massive numbers, he's just as good or possibly better than St. brown and he gets his nose dirty blocking
Share 49ersWebzone