There are 256 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Aiyuk should at least get the contract st brown got. Pretty easy for the front office here. Get it done!

This is the rub, cuz St Brown was a lot more productive in sheer volume and All Pro status, which SF could argue to say he gets less, meanwhile BA can say he's on the level and demand equal to St Brown

Aiyuk in a pass heavy offense puts up massive numbers, he's just as good or possibly better than St. brown and he gets his nose dirty blocking

Yeah that would be the BA case, I just wonder if the club would think different. If the club and BA are both on that wavelength then a deal will be imminent.
The Niners have the leverage and in this situation I would simply let Ayuk play on the 5th year option then franchise him for 2 1's and let other teams negotiate for the 9era. If too much the niners get two first round picks . So why settle for Any thing less than two 1's
Originally posted by 9erred:
The Niners have the leverage and in this situation I would simply let Ayuk play on the 5th year option then franchise him for 2 1's and let other teams negotiate for the 9era. If too much the niners get two first round picks . So why settle for Any thing less than two 1's

No one is giving 2 round ones for BA, teams wouldn't do that for Lamar Jackson
Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

$77 million guar, fine. Match the deal for aiyuk, done deal. We can make it work.

Meh when they say "guaranteed" they're including guaranteed for injury. This isn't what his real contract is gonna look like. FGTD is what matters…not all the fluff. People thinking he's getting $30 APY 😂
Aiyuk is roughly as good as St. Brown. It would be so dumb not to just get him signed with the market established. If there's a concern about the amount spent on receivers, the obvious choice is to trade Deebo - as it ALWAYS has been.

This is a monumental occasion and the choice is obvious. We're about to find out whether our FO is legit or has just been lucky.

I think they're on comparable levels as receivers. The big difference is that Aiyuk is a true outside receiver playing at the toughest spot on the field(XWR) while Amon-Ra St. Brown is primarily a slot guy.

You could make an argument that BA deserves to be paid more than Amon.
[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 24, 2024 at 10:00 AM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Aiyuk is roughly as good as St. Brown. It would be so dumb not to just get him signed with the market established. If there's a concern about the amount spent on receivers, the obvious choice is to trade Deebo - as it ALWAYS has been.

This is a monumental occasion and the choice is obvious. We're about to find out whether our FO is legit or has just been lucky.

I think they're on comparable levels as receivers. The big difference is that Aiyuk is a true outside receiver playing at the toughest spot on the field(XWR) while Amon-Ra St. Brown is primarily a slot guy.

You could make an argument that BA deserves more than what Amon got.

let's not give anyone ideas
Originally posted by Heroism:

You could make an argument that BA deserves to be paid more than Amon.

When did you get a job as Aiyuks agent lol
Isn't the point of having Purdy and Shanahan is we don't need to max out every skill position on offense?

That would be why I'm taking another position like Tackle at the traded pick and a WR at 31

Originally posted by Jcool:
Isn't the point of having Purdy and Shanahan is we don't need to max out every skill position on offense?

Since Kyle is supposed to be a "genius," getting linemen is more important and Kyle can scheme guys open.

Similar point was made about the pick for Trey Lance with a reminder of Buckner for Kinlaw swap in prior draft that flopped.

I think the potential Aiyuk pick gets flipped to OT so there is no direct replacement happening.

After the Lions new contract I slightly favor a trade.

We need an OL rebuild and a trade makes it happen this year.

OT early and Center at 31 is high investment in keeping Purdy upright and giving him time to operate. It's the approach Saints used for Brees when they invested in OGs.
Thanks a lot Detroit you stupid a*****es. Now I understand why the 49ers might trade BA.
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by Jcool:

Since Kyle is supposed to be a "genius," getting linemen is more important and Kyle can scheme guys open.

You can't scheme your split end to get open all game.

purdy isn't Mahomes and we're losing guys next yr. BA is one of the best route runners in football. Dude has Davante Adams upside in his future.

how about we don't get rid of really good young talent
This is why the 49ers need to stop waiting on extensions. There is always one dumbass team that will blow up the market. BA is my favorite player but understand trading him now. Even though I think it significantly hurts their chances at a SB bc he is the only guy on the team that doesn't need to be schemed open
[ Edited by Brucey72 on Apr 24, 2024 at 10:21 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone