There are 241 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Isn't the point of having Purdy and Shanahan is we don't need to max out every skill position on offense?

Since Kyle is supposed to be a "genius," getting linemen is more important and Kyle can scheme guys open.

the 'scheme guys open' needs a revisit after we got clamped in ways i've never seen in that SB
I can't see the 49ers making that kind of deal for Aiyuk.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
the 'scheme guys open' needs a revisit after we got clamped in ways i've never seen in that SB

Yup the blueprint is out there now. I foresee a lot of man coverage looks in Purdys future. Gonna have to make them pay with his legs like he did Detroit
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Isn't the point of having Purdy and Shanahan is we don't need to max out every skill position on offense?

Since Kyle is supposed to be a "genius," getting linemen is more important and Kyle can scheme guys open.

The scheme had guys open

The OL didn't give Purdy time to throw

*and I don't mean Hall of fame line giving 5 seconds

Purdy needs 3 seconds or so and he can fire

Our OL had catastrophic failures. We lost bc Chris Jones had a direct line unblocked on our last offensive snap
[ Edited by Tigerlaw on Apr 24, 2024 at 10:24 AM ]
Originally posted by 49ers808:

The way I see it, we have QB1 making 900k. That is a cheat code. Things may get interesting when we have to pay the QB but for now we can make moves to keep talent.
Originally posted by Brucey72:
This is why the 49ers need to stop waiting on extensions. There is always one dumbass team that will blow up the market. BA is my favorite player but understand trading him now. Even though I think it significantly hurts their chances at a SB bc he is the only guy on the team that doesn't need to be schemed open

All these players and agents talk to one another. It's not like BAs agent had no idea that other receivers were gonna get signed this off season and was in the dark for what they were asking for.
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
The scheme had guys open

The OL didn't give Purdy time to throw

This is true too. But not guy(s), more like guy, Aiyuk. Deebo had someone glued to him all game lol

Same. The 1st and 2nd round will have me nervous as s**t

Deal is really 28m a year.
Originally posted by 9erred:
The Niners have the leverage and in this situation I would simply let Ayuk play on the 5th year option then franchise him for 2 1's and let other teams negotiate for the 9era. If too much the niners get two first round picks . So why settle for Any thing less than two 1's

No one is giving 2 round ones for BA, teams wouldn't do that for Lamar Jackson

While I agree it is the rules of the league that the players union and owners agreed to.
1. Njners exercised 5th year option
2. they can non exclusive franchise him. The niners will pay that tag amount: if another team makes an offer the niners can match OR receive two first round picks over two seasons. It's in the league rules

Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Similar point was made about the pick for Trey Lance with a reminder of Buckner for Kinlaw swap in prior draft that flopped.

I think the potential Aiyuk pick gets flipped to OT so there is no direct replacement happening.

After the Lions new contract I slightly favor a trade.

We need an OL rebuild and a trade makes it happen this year.

OT early and Center at 31 is high investment in keeping Purdy upright and giving him time to operate. It's the approach Saints used for Brees when they invested in OGs.

The point is to win a Super Bowl this yr, correct? SF needs to find WRs that can beat man coverage, not get rid of them. Outside of BA they don't have that guy. We're dealing with two (maybe 3 ) guys likely gone this time next yr in Kittle/Deebo/jennings. Who's Brock throwing the ball too?

if it was always about trading BA they should have done it before FA started (like they did with Buckner) and had that extra $15M to replenish holes first.

WRs and OL go hand in hand when it comes to pass-pro. You can't get open quickly, then the pass-pro suffers all the same.

Don't even look at St Browns's deal…whatever is reported is straight fluff…we should all understand that by now. Whenever BA's cap hit actually matters they will have multiple contracts off the books anyway.

If getting OL is the number one goal…then move up. We don't need 10 picks. We don't need every single pick next yr.
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:
Aiyuk is roughly as good as St. Brown. It would be so dumb not to just get him signed with the market established. If there's a concern about the amount spent on receivers, the obvious choice is to trade Deebo - as it ALWAYS has been.

This is a monumental occasion and the choice is obvious. We're about to find out whether our FO is legit or has just been lucky.

agree for all the talk about it the choice has been obvious all along.

I bet it's even less than that all said and done.

The way I see it, we have QB1 making 900k. That is a cheat code. Things may get interesting when we have to pay the QB but for now we can make moves to keep talent.

Oh yeah we can do it, especially considering we can get out of Deebo when Purdy is due, but I just don't think the 49ers will.

There's a huge difference in all those top paid WRs, now including St Brown, and Aiyuk. They all get plenty of targets in pass centric offenses. Like you noted, we are at the bottom there as a run centric team, that won't change.

Hell we never fully utilized/featured Kittle in the pass game after giving him his deal. What happened when he was featured and targeted plenty? Oh yeah he broke freakin records with dogs**t at QB throwing him the ball
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I bet it's even less than that all said and done.

I just hope that they sign him soon before it gets higher. Can't lose the only guy who can beat man in a Super Bowl or bust year. A rookie WR is not performing anywhere close to his level this year. I would fill different if they had any other WR who doesn't need schemed open
Share 49ersWebzone