There are 255 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
The point is to win a Super Bowl this yr, correct? SF needs to find WRs that can beat man coverage, not get rid of them. Outside of BA they don't have that guy. We're dealing with two (maybe 3 ) guys likely gone this time next yr in Kittle/Deebo/jennings. Who's Brock throwing the ball too?

if it was always about trading BA they should have done it before FA started (like they did with Buckner) and had that extra $15M to replenish holes first.

WRs and OL go hand in hand when it comes to pass-pro. You can't get open quickly, then the pass-pro suffers all the same.

Don't even look at St Browns's deal…whatever is reported is straight fluff…we should all understand that by now. Whenever BA's cap hit actually matters they will have multiple contracts off the books anyway.

If getting OL is the number one goal…then move up. We don't need 10 picks. We don't need every single pick next yr.

Excellent post. Great points. Really hope the 49ers don't f**k this up and do the right thing
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Similar point was made about the pick for Trey Lance with a reminder of Buckner for Kinlaw swap in prior draft that flopped.

I think the potential Aiyuk pick gets flipped to OT so there is no direct replacement happening.

After the Lions new contract I slightly favor a trade.

We need an OL rebuild and a trade makes it happen this year.

OT early and Center at 31 is high investment in keeping Purdy upright and giving him time to operate. It's the approach Saints used for Brees when they invested in OGs.

The point is to win a Super Bowl this yr, correct? SF needs to find WRs that can beat man coverage, not get rid of them. Outside of BA they don't have that guy. We're dealing with two (maybe 3 ) guys likely gone this time next yr in Kittle/Deebo/jennings. Who's Brock throwing the ball too?

if it was always about trading BA they should have done it before FA started (like they did with Buckner) and had that extra $15M to replenish holes first.

WRs and OL go hand in hand when it comes to pass-pro. You can't get open quickly, then the pass-pro suffers all the same.

Don't even look at St Browns's deal…whatever is reported is straight fluff…we should all understand that by now. Whenever BA's cap hit actually matters they will have multiple contracts off the books anyway.

If getting OL is the number one goal…then move up. We don't need 10 picks. We don't need every single pick next yr.

all of this esp the bold
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by TD49ers:
They are all full of s**t. Click bate in the off season.

I don't see how we are saying people are full of s**t and writing clickbait articles when we have no insight into where negotiations stand from an actual numbers standpoint.

It's easy to believe we want Aiyuk longterm, and he'd prefer to stay here as well. The question is where each side wants the numbers to land and whether they can mutually agree. Look at what Schefter and TJ said. He wants to be here, but he wants to paid what he's worth. That makes total sense… we just can't see where each side actually stands on the numbers.

ya....and neither do the people writing the articles.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
I can't see the 49ers making that kind of deal for Aiyuk.

Same. The 1st and 2nd round will have me nervous as s**t

lol bro I'm nervous every year regardless about who they are going to pick and my disappointment that follows by the reach.

Oh jeez another WR... I wonder how much they are giving him
Aiyuk bout to get PAID!

Good job niners, letting other teams set the market. It just tells me that they were really never serious about signing him. As the market stands now, the niners almost can't afford to sign Aiyuk now. Now it doesn't make any sense to sign him.
[ Edited by maximusdecimus on Apr 24, 2024 at 10:42 AM ]
Originally posted by Brucey72:

😂🤣😂🤣
Really hoping that the last year of St.Browns contract is basically fake to rise the average just like Hills was
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
Aiyuk bout to get PAID!

Good job niners, letting other teams set the market. It just tells me that they were really never serious about signing him. As the market stands now, the niners almost can't afford to sign Aiyuk now. Now it doesn't make any sense to sign him.

Takes two sides brother. Aiyuk and his agent could easily have been waiting for this to happen, who wouldn't? The scary part would be if JJ gets done soon

If im the niners im not paying BA more than 25-26. Love the dude, and I get it, it's a business. So, from a business perspective, we've got one of the highest paid DEs, Tackles, RBs, LBs, FBs, and soon to be QBs. BA, you're awesome. But you also benefit from Kyle's scheme more than most. You're not the best WR in the league. Not top 5 even. 25-26 at most.

Or, sit out the season 🤷‍♂️
[ Edited by 5thSFG on Apr 24, 2024 at 10:56 AM ]
  • pd24
  • Veteran

Oh jeez another WR... I wonder how much they are giving him

This guys isn't good yet and has been hurt. Probably not much, just buying more time to see if they want to keep him.
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Similar point was made about the pick for Trey Lance with a reminder of Buckner for Kinlaw swap in prior draft that flopped.

I think the potential Aiyuk pick gets flipped to OT so there is no direct replacement happening.

After the Lions new contract I slightly favor a trade.

We need an OL rebuild and a trade makes it happen this year.

OT early and Center at 31 is high investment in keeping Purdy upright and giving him time to operate. It's the approach Saints used for Brees when they invested in OGs.

Totally agreed

On a personal level, I wonder what that feels like? Another guy signs and it could potentially earn you millions and millions more. What a life! Good for you Brandon!
More contract escalation. How can you be paying your WRs $20 to $30 mil, your tackle $26 mil, your edge rusher $34 mil and soon your QB $40 mil or more. That's $110 mil committed to 5 players. Over 40%. Guess what happens next. The LBs and all the other players like CMC start wanting more. This game of always getting more than the other guy isn't sustainable long term. Teams will start losing good players or depth players.
Share 49ersWebzone