Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The longer the FO delays the bigger the price tag gets
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mcwoot:

What makes you think it's the FO that's delaying

OBVIOUSLY it's best for BA to wait. Why would he sign now??

Can just wait til next year then tag and trade.

If that's the case then BA has no reason to sign now, he can just wait and get more $$$ right?
Originally posted by Brucey72:
Really hoping that the last year of St.Browns contract is basically fake to rise the average just like Hills was

I'm sure there is some element of it being artificially inflated, at least to some degree.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

If that's the case then BA has no reason to sign now, he can just wait and get more $$$ right?

You can bet that is the strategy, especially now with the St Brown deal.

The bar will only get raised higher, and Aiyuk and his agent know it. Hence, they wait. The only way the FO can hasten the signing will be with more money than St Brown received.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
More contract escalation. How can you be paying your WRs $20 to $30 mil, your tackle $26 mil, your edge rusher $34 mil and soon your QB $40 mil or more. That's $110 mil committed to 5 players. Over 40%. Guess what happens next. The LBs and all the other players like CMC start wanting more. This game of always getting more than the other guy isn't sustainable long term. Teams will start losing good players or depth players.

Because most of these dudes aren't getting that every single year…we gotta stop with the APY s**t. That's not how it works.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 24, 2024 at 11:40 AM ]
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
the 'scheme guys open' needs a revisit after we got clamped in ways i've never seen in that SB

Yup the blueprint is out there now. I foresee a lot of man coverage looks in Purdys future. Gonna have to make them pay with his legs like he did Detroit

BA's ability to beat man is why he will get paid. He is the only one who can.
Originally posted by dj43:

Yeah and Shanny knows it. Shanny needs BA. Everyone knows it so does BAs agent. Deebo getting destroyed bad as he did in the SB maybe he was doing BA a favor
Originally posted by dj43:

That's not entirely true. BA gets the most attention and rightfully so because he beats man as a true XWR, but Jauan Jennings is very good at beating man coverage out of the slot. Unfortunately, the 49ers play the overwhelming majority of their snaps out of 21 personnel with only 2 WRs on the field, so he doesn't get nearly as many opportunities to make plays. Also, it's the slot, so there's an inherent advantage playing out of that spot. But to say that BA is the only man beater WR on the team isn't accurate.

Put some respect on JJ's name
[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 24, 2024 at 11:57 AM ]

That $27 Million a year doesn't look too bad now does it Lynch? Unfortunetely now that might not even be enough. This is why you don't wait.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
That $27 Million a year doesn't look too bad now does it Lynch? Unfortunetely now that might not even be enough. This is why you don't wait.

What if SF isn't waiting but BA is? Takes 2 to tango
Originally posted by JTB1974:

27 million still looks bad, lol.
Seriously what the hell is going on here? It just baffles me as to how it continually escapes people that BA is still under contract right now even if it's the last damn year of that contract. Does the FO want to get a contract extension done, yes. Do they have to become desperate and execute some kind of trade this weekend during the draft because they're "far apart" in negotiations, hell to the f**k no. I know every Tom, Dick and Harry armchair GM wants something to happen now but it's ridiculous. There's no definitive action that needs to be taken currently for this issue. People lose their damn mind over stuff they have no control of.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Seriously what the hell is going on here? It just baffles me as to how it continually escapes people that BA is still under contract right now even if it's the last damn year of that contract. Does the FO want to get a contract extension done, yes. Do they have to become desperate and execute some kind of trade this weekend during the draft because they're "far apart" in negotiations, hell to the f**k no. I know every Tom, Dick and Harry armchair GM wants something to happen now but it's ridiculous. There's no definitive action that needs to be taken currently for this issue. People lose their damn mind over stuff they have no control of.

Well his trade value is only going to decrease going forward, especially if we hold him hostage so to speak
Share 49ersWebzone