There are 204 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Nothing changed with the signing of Amon Ra. Guaranteed money still just above 25/yr
  • eman
  • Veteran
I'll quit being 49er fan if they trade Aiyuk and keep Deebo

deebo is fun to watch , but look at what he does in Super Bowl or big games… he can't even catch cold

aiyuk is dominant and his separation is insane

trade Deebo and keep Aiyuk !
Originally posted by eman:

deebo is fun to watch , but look at what he does in Super Bowl or big games… he can't even catch cold

no one wants Deebo, you wouldn't fetch much of anything
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Lol, we're getting way carried away here.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Lol, we're getting way carried away here.

800 receiving yds, Spotrac has his cap hit at $28m, do the math..

I doubt other clubs would even run Deebo like we do, you have to build all that into your offense

Can you point to a playoff game in which Aiyuk 'dominated'?

I understand his production is not solely the result of his ability, but there isn't one as far as I remember.

We don't have to make this a Deebo vs Aiyuk conversation, but let's at least keep their actual production in big games in sight if we're going to reference it.

I doubt other clubs would even run Deebo like we do, you have to build all that into your offense

He had 1100 total yards and 12 tds in 15 games… on a team with 3 other high quality options.

That's pretty good.

He had 1100 total yards and 12 tds in 15 games… on a team with 3 other high quality options.

That's pretty good.

again, you aggregate the yds and TDs, but I suspect a random team is gonna want him at WR, not in the backfield taking handoffs. so there goes a lot of his production / value. He's a pretty basic WR. Elite with the ball in his hand, and it's a lot of mental energy to manufacture him touches. You can't just install him in your O as a WR and expect him the numbers you mention, on another team. plus he's expensive on the cap to the point I question if other teams would give much. 2021 was the time to trade, after that season, not now

Can you point to a playoff game in which Aiyuk 'dominated'?

I understand his production is not solely the result of his ability, but there isn't one as far as I remember.

We don't have to make this a Deebo vs Aiyuk conversation, but let's at least keep their actual production in big games in sight if we're going to reference it.

Good points
Ben Allbright mocked us trading Aiyuk and 31 to JAX for 17 and 116 with 49ers selecting Brian Thomas. If that happened I'd be furious.

Originally posted by ltrain:
Ben Allbright mocked us trading Aiyuk and 31 to JAX for 17 and 116 with 49ers selecting Brian Thomas. If that happened I'd be furious.

Ya that's horrible. F that
Originally posted by goatroppolo:
Ya that's horrible. F that

But that's about all we other teams will offer up. I can see 1st round swap with Indy and them giving back a 4th for BA. No team is going to give 1st and 3rd for him.
Originally posted by 9erson3:
It is Deebo that most likely will end in 2025 so Brandon's salary should not be a factor as Deebs salary will come off the books in 2025.

Excellent points. I agree. Deebo's style of play is very physical. Which I enjoy a great deal, but it also opens him up to a lot of shots from defenders. Not cheap shots, but shots still the same. Repeated hits like that take a toll. Deebo hasn't been able to play a full season for awhile now.
Originally posted by bigpete50:
But that's about all we other teams will offer up. I can see 1st round swap with Indy and them giving back a 4th for BA. No team is going to give 1st and 3rd for him.

Agreed and that's why I am not trading him. Aiyuk is a stud and will get more targets as the years go, especially if Deebo is moved after 24-25
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Excellent points. I agree. Deebo's style of play is very physical. Which I enjoy a great deal, but it also opens him up to a lot of shots from defenders. Not cheap shots, but shots still the same. Repeated hits like that take a toll. Deebo hasn't been able to play a full season for awhile now.

Yeah to the extent he's used like a running back he will age like one.
Share 49ersWebzone