There are 231 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I'm fine with trading Aiyuk and I'm also happy to pay him. His value is high with being an All pro last year, and he'd be a great player to have long term.

The catch is I'm only fine trading him if we get a mid first rounder, around picks 15-28.

Not having Aiyuk would make our passing game less dynamic, but it could make the team much better overall since we've underutilized Kittle, Deebo, Juscyck, Jennings in the passing game and that pick could be used on a really good player…. resetting our "window".

I came late to the conversation but I'm fine either way.

Agreed.
https://overthecap.com/player/amon-ra-st-brown/9576

Details of St. Brown's contract. The Lions have easy outs in 26, 27, and 28. I would do this deal for BA in a heartbeat

Cap hits are
5m
14m
33m..out.. dead cap 9m
29m...out.. dead cap 6m
41m...out.. dead cap 3m
[ Edited by Brucey72 on Apr 24, 2024 at 2:38 PM ]
Originally posted by Brucey72:

Details of St. Brown's contract. The Lions have easy outs in 26, 27, and 28. I would do this deal for BA in a heartbeat

Cap hits are
5m
14m
33m
29m
41m

So he won't be getting to his 5th year lol
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Lions probally did this to try and screw us over. They are like "You want to force us to pay Brock Wright more than we wanted to, we will do the same for Aiyuk"
LOL ? The world and other NFL teams don't revolve around the Niners, even though it may seem so on sites like this one.
The Lions wanted to keep one of their best players on offense under contract and playing for them for a while.

I wonder if some Bengals fans also think the Lions gave St Brown a contract out of spite for Chase.
If Odunze is there at #9 would you trade Aiyuk and #31 to the Bears for #9 and draft Odunze? I want one of those top 3 WR's if we are going to lose Aiyuk. They are the only 3 that can be a #1 WR from day one.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Cap hits are
5m
14m
33m
29m
41m

So they can cut him in 2026 lol. That's why I told people to calm down
Originally posted by JTB1974:
If Odunze is there at #9 would you trade Aiyuk and #31 to the Bears for #9 and draft Odunze? I want one of those top 3 WR's if we are going to lose Aiyuk. They are the only 3 that can be a #1 WR from day one.

Can't see the Bears ever agreeing to this trade. Why wouldn't they just choose Odunze?

We're not getting a top 10 pick for Aiyuk and our 31st. That would be shocking.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Cap hits are
5m
14m
33m
29m
41m

So they can cut him in 2026 lol. That's why I told people to calm down

Exactly I said a few pages back I bet it had a fake year, like Hill. I would love this deal for Aiyuk. Low cap until 26 and can wash their hands if he struggles

Cap hits are
5m
14m
33m..out.. dead cap 9m
29m...out.. dead cap 6m
41m...out.. dead cap 3m

So $35M FGTD. Not $70+M
Exactly I said a few pages back I bet it had a fake year, like Hill. I would love this deal for Aiyuk. Low cap until 26 and can wash their hands if he struggles

I would more than happy giving this to BA

$30M+ a year my ass 😂 that's really $26.5M a year for three years.
Originally posted by q0c0p:
Amon ra's contract has no effect on BA's. This "setting the market" every new contract needs to stop. You get paid what you deserve. BA in no way in hell is getting that much. That's just the way it is. He isnt good enough. Teams need to stop giving horrible contracts

Salary cap is up 23% over the past 2 years. You're going to see record contracts at every position. BA will get close to $30M from us or someone else. I expected $28-$30M before Amon Ra's contract. I still expect that range. Everyone saying $25-$26M (most of the 49erswebzone) either didn't appreciate how much the cap has gone up or were being delusional.

Deebo signed for $24M/year 2 years ago. The equivalent APY under the salary cap today is $29-$30M. You're going to see guys like Jefferson get $35-$40M.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I'm fine with trading Aiyuk and I'm also happy to pay him. His value is high with being an All pro last year, and he'd be a great player to have long term.

The catch is I'm only fine trading him if we get a mid first rounder, around picks 15-28.

Not having Aiyuk would make our passing game less dynamic, but it could make the team much better overall since we've underutilized Kittle, Deebo, Juscyck, Jennings in the passing game and that pick could be used on a really good player…. resetting our "window".

I came late to the conversation but I'm fine either way.

Agreed.

I disagree. I think mid to low first is not equal compensation. Not saying we'd get more, but BA is the best WR we've had since TO. He fills a very specific role in this offense that cannot be replicated by our current players, and that is consistently getting open. To me BA is worth more than the crap-shoot that is picking a mid-first player, especially is a SB window. I'd say pay the man his bag, or let him play out his fifth and kick the van down the road.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Cap hits are
5m
14m
33m..out.. dead cap 9m
29m...out.. dead cap 6m
41m...out.. dead cap 3m

So $35M FGTD. Not $70+M

They aren't going to cut him though. He is only 24.
Originally posted by Chance:
I disagree. I think mid to low first is not equal compensation. Not saying we'd get more, but BA is the best WR we've had since TO. He fills a very specific role in this offense that cannot be replicated by our current players, and that is consistently getting open. To me BA is worth more than the crap-shoot that is picking a mid-first player, especially is a SB window. I'd say pay the man his bag, or let him play out his fifth and kick the van down the road.

Damn someone pissed kicking vans down the road
Share 49ersWebzone