There are 218 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
It differs every year but if one goes down another goes up. There was a time when I felt football players were under paid. I don't feel that way anymore. Guys have one big year and they think they need to get paid what the top guy in the league gets. To be fair it's probably the agents as much or more than the players.

Egotistical billionaire owners are the ultimate key carriers.

I don't think they can ever get the genie back in the jar, but I don't think most of them want to. It's like the cattle rancher bragging about all his cattle. I would argue the average NFL owner enjoys flaunting his cash around.
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Brucey72:
https://overthecap.com/player/amon-ra-st-brown/9576

Details of St. Brown's contract. The Lions have easy outs in 26, 27, and 28. I would do this deal for BA in a heartbeat

Cap hits are
5m
14m
33m..out.. dead cap 9m
29m...out.. dead cap 6m
41m...out.. dead cap 3m

So $35M FGTD. Not $70+M

They aren't going to cut him though. He is only 24.

I know, unless he falls off they will most likely extend him in 28 to lower that number. The 41m will never be the actual cap hit
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
$30M+ a year my ass 😂 that's really $26.5M a year for three years.

That's roughly what I suggested some pages back.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
It differs every year but if one goes down another goes up. There was a time when I felt football players were under paid. I don't feel that way anymore. Guys have one big year and they think they need to get paid what the top guy in the league gets. To be fair it's probably the agents as much or more than the players.

The median salary of a NFL player on an active roster is around 800K
None of the contracts besides the Watson one (and that isnt happening again) are fully guaranteed, and NFL players union is by far the weakest out of major sports league in North America

an average NFL player is a poor peasant compared to average NBA or even MLB player
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Imagine thinking the Niners have to hurry
Originally posted by okdkid:
Imagine thinking the Niners have to hurry

This x 1000
BA is not going anywhere folks
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
$30M+ a year my ass 😂 that's really $26.5M a year for three years.

That's roughly what I suggested some pages back.

Think it's $28M/year if they cut him after 3 years. 4th year is $36M which he'll probably be worth at 28 under a higher salary cap.

There's no silver lining here. He's going to play out this contract so it's $30M/year.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/inside-the-amon-ra-st-brown-deal
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Think it's $28M/year if they cut him after 3 years. 4th year is $36M which he'll probably be worth at 28 under a higher salary cap.

There's no silver lining here. He's going to play out this contract so it's $30M/year.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/inside-the-amon-ra-st-brown-deal

Are you guys talking APY or Fully guaranteed? Big difference

They can cut him if they want that's the point. They're not tied to him because of his contract
Originally posted by Bellaleo:

Are you guys talking APY or Fully guaranteed? Big difference

This is his contract

they have a massive out after 2025 if they want it

They can cut him if they want that's the point. They're not tied to him because of his contract

Amen NY, that's very important cuz player performance can be unpredictable year to year. Add in injuries, it's a violent game. Kinda surprised NFL doesn't have fully gtd contracts like other major sports leagues.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Lions probally did this to try and screw us over. They are like "You want to force us to pay Brock Wright more than we wanted to, we will do the same for Aiyuk"

I absolutely think Detroit timed this as payback for Brock Wright.
Originally posted by BP13:
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Lions probally did this to try and screw us over. They are like "You want to force us to pay Brock Wright more than we wanted to, we will do the same for Aiyuk"

I absolutely think Detroit timed this as payback for Brock Wright.

Aiyuk is getting top dollar regardless so this doesnt really matter. Especially for TE2.
This is his contract

they have a massive out after 2025 if they want it

Still think they save $36M if they cut him after 3 years. The $1.7M shown in 2029 assumes there's a void year- the NBC link does not have a void year. I'm not sure there is one or if they'd get that $ back if there is.

Most likely outcome is he plays 4 years and gets paid $120M. Next most likely is 3 years $84M. There's a chance he gets hurt or his play falls off (the flexibility from low guaranteed $ has value) but that's likely low given he's staying with the same team, same QB, he's been durable, and he's 24.
Still think they save $36M if they cut him after 3 years. The $1.7M shown in 2029 assumes there's a void year- the NBC link does not have a void year. I'm not sure there is one or if they'd get that $ back if there is.

Most likely outcome is he plays 4 years and gets paid $120M. Next most likely is 3 years $84M. There's a chance he gets hurt or his play falls off (the flexibility from low guaranteed $ has value) but that's likely low given he's staying with the same team, same QB, he's been durable, and he's 24.

He has a void yr. He will never play out that contract with a $41M cap hit with next to no gtd cash left. This is bacially a 3 yr deal and they can cut him and save $23M in 2026. He got $35M FGTD not $70M or whatever folks thought.

I don't see how you're getting 4yrs $120M out of any of that?
Share 49ersWebzone