There are 233 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Deebo got more FGTD cash than St Brown. Terry McLaurin got the same FGTD cash as him.

That's what matters. Not the fluff and fake APY numbers that will never be reached.
Sick and tired of the bs numbers that "fans" are fooled by. APY is a useless BS number.
Fully guaranteed money is all that matters. Has anyone seen St. Brown fully guaranteed $? I would guess it's around 50-55
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
$30M+ a year my ass 😂 that's really $26.5M a year for three years.

That's roughly what I suggested some pages back.

Think it's $28M/year if they cut him after 3 years. 4th year is $36M which he'll probably be worth at 28 under a higher salary cap.

There's no silver lining here. He's going to play out this contract so it's $30M/year.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/inside-the-amon-ra-st-brown-deal

The missing part of the matrix is the cap number in the coming years. $28M now will feel like $20M by 2027.
Originally posted by Bellaleo:
Sick and tired of the bs numbers that "fans" are fooled by. APY is a useless BS number.
Fully guaranteed money is all that matters. Has anyone seen St. Brown fully guaranteed $? I would guess it's around 50-55

OTC has St. Brown's GTD money at $77.61M, but only $35.276M in fully GTD.

Deebo, for instance, got $58.167M GTD, $41M fully GTD.

I think, if Aiyuk signs a new deal, which I do believe he will, it's going to be somewhere between St. Brown, & Deebo.

The APY is for agents to brag about, "hey I got St. Brown $30,002,500 per year, but only $35.276M is fully GTD of the $122.01M deal.

I don't think the Lions did anything to hurt the 49ers chances to keep BA, come Summer time I see a deal agreed to, likely in the $28M a yr range, but the GTD money will be key, he's going to beat Deebo's numbers, that's just how that happens in the NFL, especially with the salary cap going up each year by $20M a year.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

I think, if Aiyuk signs a new deal, which I do believe he will, it's going to be somewhere between St. Brown, & Deebo.

The APY is for agents to brag about, "hey I got St. Brown $30,002,500 per year, but only $35.276M is fully GTD of the $122.01M deal.

I don't think the Lions did anything to hurt the 49ers chances to keep BA, come Summer time I see a deal agreed to, likely in the $28M a yr range, but the GTD money will be key, he's going to beat Deebo's numbers, that's just how that happens in the NFL, especially with the salary cap going up each year by $20M a year.

AB81 rules. Legend

As usual, great insight!
  • da209
  • Veteran

we have a chance 😅
I think Aiyuk has an argument for more efficient production. His ypc average was astronomically higher despite about 45 less catches.
As stated, the ARSB deal doesn't change anything for aiyuk. If he does stay with the lions for >4 Years it'll be on a new extension. He will not play out the full length of this contract as constructed
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I think Aiyuk has an argument for more efficient production. His ypc average was astronomically higher despite about 45 less catches.

He does but he'll be reminded they have 3 other stud weapons being paid a lot, but at the same time all 3 are signed thru only 2025, I wanted a longer deal for Deebo than a 3yr extension back in 2022, but even if they give BA anything close to St. Brown's deal, the team can still afford to keep Deebo, Kittle & CMC past 2025 as long as there isn't a drop off in play, plus pay Brock $50m a yr, the Eagles havev11 players at $10m or more APY, including Hurts at $51m, Brown & Smith at $25m, Goedert at $14.25m, & Saquon at $12.583m, they also have Lane Johnson at $20m, Landon Dickerson at $21m, & Mailata at $16m, all offensive players, so we can afford Brock, CMC, Deebo, BA, Kittle long term, they need to draft a replacement for Trent to learn from Trent. We have 10 players APY of $10m or more, of them Collins at $11.5m & Floyd at $10m aren't long term guys, so they can fit Brock & BA in there, plus they can afford, IMO, Mooney & Dre, along with Bosa, Hargrave & Warner on their current deals, that would be 10 players making $10m+ a yr since by the time all these new deals kick in with high cap numbers Trent will likely retire by then.

Originally posted by NYniner85:
He has a void yr. He will never play out that contract with a $41M cap hit with next to no gtd cash left. This is bacially a 3 yr deal and they can cut him and save $23M in 2026. He got $35M FGTD not $70M or whatever folks thought.

I don't see how you're getting 4yrs $120M out of any of that?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/player/_/id/72496/amon-ra-st-brown

You're wrong. If he doesn't get hurt or regress, he will play out that contract and will likely be extended (Lions would defer some of the cap hit but that doesn't change the fact that they paid him $120M over 4 years). They can only get out of $36M by cutting him in 2028.

The cap will continue to go up. There's a good chance he will be worth $36M in 2028 on a higher salary cap.

It's a 4 year $120M extension (or a 3 year $84M extension). His cap hits are lower because some of the guaranteed money counts towards the last year of his rookie deal + there's the void year.
[ Edited by eastcoast49ersfan on Apr 24, 2024 at 9:05 PM ]
This is different than Tyreek Hill's contract which has him collecting $45M in 2026 (salary + roster/workout bonuses) as a 32 year old WR. That will absolutely be ripped up and only exists to inflate the AV of the contract.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Imagine thinking the Niners have to hurry

This x 1000
BA is not going anywhere folks

Dead on. If he doesn't sign a deal before the season he's still under contract. He shouldn't hold out because that costs him per week big $$, AND we can still tag him next year. I'm m actually seeing this as a likely route then we can play our best team(current O players Debo, Kittle, Yuk) this year before Brock gets his deal which will happen. I'm guessing one of the 3 won't be here next year when Brock's deal goes in.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
He has a void yr. He will never play out that contract with a $41M cap hit with next to no gtd cash left. This is bacially a 3 yr deal and they can cut him and save $23M in 2026. He got $35M FGTD not $70M or whatever folks thought.

I don't see how you're getting 4yrs $120M out of any of that?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/player/_/id/72496/amon-ra-st-brown

You're wrong. If he doesn't get hurt or regress, he will play out that contract and will likely be extended (Lions would defer some of the cap hit but that doesn't change the fact that they paid him $120M over 4 years). They can only get out of $36M by cutting him in 2028.

The cap will continue to go up. There's a good chance he will be worth $36M in 2028 on a higher salary cap.

It's a 4 year $120M extension (or a 3 year $84M extension). His cap hits are lower because some of the guaranteed money counts towards the last year of his rookie deal + there's the void year.

Nyniner85 dickfest in 5.4.3.2.1…
[ Edited by Dirtydonedirtcheap69 on Apr 24, 2024 at 9:39 PM ]
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I'm fine with trading Aiyuk and I'm also happy to pay him. His value is high with being an All pro last year, and he'd be a great player to have long term.

The catch is I'm only fine trading him if we get a mid first rounder, around picks 15-28.

Not having Aiyuk would make our passing game less dynamic, but it could make the team much better overall since we've underutilized Kittle, Deebo, Juscyck, Jennings in the passing game and that pick could be used on a really good player…. resetting our "window".

I came late to the conversation but I'm fine either way.

Agreed.

I don't know how you can say that losing Ayiuk would make the pass game more dynamic but then go on to say how it would become more dynamic by leveraging Kittle, Deebo, Juice, and Jennings more.

Losing someone who takes attention away from the defense won't open things up for those guys more. More weapons are always better than less.
Share 49ersWebzone